PDA

View Full Version : EPG channel numbers? + installing channel lists

Markymark
29-12-11, 21:15
Hi all (again) :)

Now this one must be really simple and stupid. Ive been though so many menus and dont seem to be able to solve this one. How can I get channel numbers next to the station on the EPG and/or on the channel Mel bar that displays when you change channels?

Further to this - if I click on a channel in the EPG it plays the audio from that chanel, however then when I press exit (to leave the EPG) it goes back to the previous channel and with no numbers I don't know what is where.

Now in addition can I create channel lists on the box (adding and removing channels that I want) or how do I upload bouquets (where do they go) on this box?

Sorry for what must be stupid questions, however I've spent ages looking now and having no joy.

Stanman
29-12-11, 22:18
If you are on 28.2E, download and install Silvers bouquets which are in my signature, they have the channels numbers on them and match sly.

Markymark
29-12-11, 22:27
Thanks - just downloading that. Now where do I FTP that to / what do I need to do to install it? :)

Stanman
29-12-11, 22:32
Click on the updating channels in my signature, tutorial is there.

Markymark
29-12-11, 22:43
Ok in those videos there is some software being used - is that the web interface? I thought I downloaded that from the plug ins menu, however then typing in my internal ip it wont find anything - yet will connect via ftp?

Markymark
29-12-11, 22:59
That link on updating channels is just sending me to the main forum portal page.

Stanman
29-12-11, 23:01
heres a vid tutorial
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10938-How-to-upload-VIX-Silverfox0786-bougets-to-E2

Markymark
29-12-11, 23:25
Ok now what confuses me here is I went to plug ins and downloaded the web interface - however from reading all the posts about this people say they should have a web interface menu. I don't get this on my box - I've tried a restart as well. I notice a web interface is used in those tutorials.

Stanman
29-12-11, 23:28
you have lost me mate, the web interface enbale you to view your box settings and recordings in a browser window by putting your IP address into its addy bar

Markymark
29-12-11, 23:43
Oh so what is that software that is shown in that video link?

Stanman
29-12-11, 23:53
Dreamboxedit, its in the settings editor forum on this site.

Markymark
30-12-11, 00:01
Oh thanks I'll take a look. Whilst I'm thinking about it - any reasons what I have done wrong on the web interface front? I downloaded it from the plug ins menu and it said it had installed - but cant find the web interface in my menu options.

Larry-G
30-12-11, 00:12
Oh so what is that software that is shown in that video link?

its called DreamboxEdit.

charliesen
30-12-11, 01:32
Download dreamboxedit, open it and click on (options) enter the ip of your box.
Then click on the ( open ) icon and navigate to the silverfox file you downloaded (you might have to click on it twice to open it ) then click on ftp and send files to dreambox and you should be done.
ps
I usually put the silverfox file on the root of my c drive , it's easier to find.

Markymark
30-12-11, 10:57
Thanks for all of that, now seemed to have cracked that one as I have created some boquets of my own and dragged and dropped channels in.

Few silly questions now:

How can I get to my Boquets lists quick and easily on the remote? At the moment im having to press help > boquets list - which im sure there must be a more direct way?

When I press the channels button - I get a list of all the channels on the sat, even the ones I have removed from the boquets list. Is there any way of removing all these channels from the channels option to make searching easy?

Finally when on the Dreamboxedit I could connect to the FTP port and upload the lists, however the http port isnt working. Can anyone help me to get this working please?

Stanman
30-12-11, 11:03
1 up button and blue button.
2. Not sure as they will comeback on a background scan.
3. Menu -plugin - openwebif and click on it and change port to 00080

Markymark
30-12-11, 11:31
Thanks Stanman. Could I turn off background searching anywhere to prevent this happening?

I notice that streaming and timers don't seem to work yet in webif. However is there a way of getting streaming to my pc via VLC player or something like this?

Stanman
30-12-11, 11:41
I thinking there is a setting in customize to do this.

For webif go into menu, plugins and click on opemwebif and change the port to 00080 and make sure it is set to enable.

Markymark
30-12-11, 11:49
I can get to the Webif page and can change channel, view the epg etc. However when I click the stream option or the timer option it says this is not enabled yet? I thought maybe this is something to do with the webif application being developed and wondered if streaming was possible using something else like vlc etc. I have made sure the settings are as you advised.

Stanman
30-12-11, 11:58
If you click on bouquets and the small telly next to the channel names does hat bring up vocal (tryitin Firefox)

This has been fixed and will be in te next release - its a plugin issue.

Markymark
30-12-11, 12:10
Yes im in firefox and it brings up that message about not being implemented. Oh so its a problem that is known about then.

Stanman
30-12-11, 12:14
Yes it is and fix on the way