PDA

View Full Version : Solo won't update from USB stick :(

MrFun
28-12-11, 23:29
Hi,

It's been a while since I was into sat receivers (dreambox at that time).

I have two VU+ Solo receivers that I'm trying to flash with Vix. Currently they are both running
the original software (May 16 2011-vuplus_experimental). They are connected to network and
have access to internet, I can ping them, but don't see them under networks in windows.

I've done some reading and followed step by step instructions about formating USB stick with FAT32
(1G USB memory that turn upp as a hard drive in sat receiver). I've downloaded Vix-2.3.153-vusolo_usb.zip
and unzipped and placed the catalogs as they are on USB memory (vuplus/solo/ three files here).

I've even downloaded new bootloader cfe_solo_2.0.zip and tried install it the same way as image above.

Problem is that receiver NEVER goes into upgrade mode. Green LED always goes on starts the receiver
as normal. Once the receiver came into some kind of mode in the beginning where USB stick was flashing,
but all LEDs on receiver was turned off.

What can I be doing wrong??? Why is the receiver behaving this was? Any solutions how to solv this problem?

/Best regards, MrFun

Larry-G
28-12-11, 23:50
some receivers can be a right pig where USB sticks are concerned, if you have any other sticks format them to FAT32 and try again, but you must load the new bootloader before you try to load any image with the new 3.1.1 linux kernal including ViX 2.3 153 otherwise you could cause serious non repairable damage.

MrFun
28-12-11, 23:59
Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply. Will a 4G flash memory work as well? What is the latest bootloader and do I update the same way as the rest?

Larry-G
29-12-11, 00:07
you will only know by trying the stick but most will work well. as for the bootloader you quoted it in your first post cfe_solo_2.0.zip

flash this the same way you would a image,

MrFun
29-12-11, 00:28
A new USB stick did the magic :eek:

Thanks a lot for the help.

Ps. It would be nice if this information was added to the "sticky" help

Larry-G
29-12-11, 00:33
A new USB stick did the magic :eek:

Thanks a lot for the help.

Ps. It would be nice if this information was added to the "sticky" help

i'm pleased your now sorted although to be honest i do kind of agree i really don't think it needs to be added into a sticky to try a new USB stick, i would say thats just good practice when trying to trace a fault.