PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Uno initial setup

nigel.rix
28-12-11, 21:31
Hi, I am a satellite newbi - so find the VU+ manual quite cryptic as it just gives the raw information and I have no experience of E2.

I am in northern france and wanted to replace current satellite receiver with a UNO so that I can record programmes.

Basic setup is dish with single LNB and a motor. Currently works (only use FTA) on a basic box - mainly watch UK TV on Astra - but would like to get some French TV.
I set it up originally so, in the past, managed to get dish pointing at satellites and configured.

I have just bought UNO from ebay (OK I know ... to everyone who responds that I should have gone to WoS!!!!).
I am curious as it appears to have an early serial number? ... MB203000005.
On the Menu/About it reports (something like) "... Jun 16 2011-VUplus-experimental..."

However I have managed to install 500GB disk, got it on the internet, reflashed firmware and done an update to latest software (V6.0?) - however the About screen has not changed??

I tried to setup for UNO but cannot get it to find channels.

When I tried an automatic scan - on the defined satellites - the first satellite that it found was Arabsat (26.0) whereas I had left dish pointing at Astra (28.2).
Does this imply that dish is 2 degrees out (old box could remap positions based on a fine tune)?
When I do a manual tune on Astra it cannot find any channels (is it pointing at wrong place?). Have done factory reset several times - but all to no avail.

I have now plugged in old box and it receives BBC and ITV etc.

It would be good to have some tips on how to check dish position and what settings I should be using.
Any other tips gratefully received...
Anything on plugins would be great (is there a list of available ones with descriptions and compatibility...) Is there one that automatically sets up a box?

HAPPY XMAS TO ALL

Regards
Nigel