PDA

View Full Version : XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now

bassethound
28-12-11, 15:28
It took a bit longer than expected due to a few bumps in the road, but we are excited to present the first preview release of (what we consider to be) the best version of the best home theater software out there.

Ladies and Gentlemen, XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta 1 is available to download.

The sheer number of new features, platforms, and improvements to nearly every facet of the XBMC experience found within Eden are nearly too numerous to count.

Milestones include Addon Rollbacks, vast improvements in Confluence (the default skin), massive speed increases via features like Dirty-region rendering and the new JPEG decoder, a simpler, better library, additional protocol handling, better networking support, better handling of unencrypted BluRay content and structures, adjustable display refresh rate in OSX (to match the already available feature in Windows and Linux), AirPlay support, an upgraded weather service, and much more. Check out the highlights in the summarized changelog.

In addition to our many software improvements, we’ve increased our reach in the realm of hardware support since Dharma was released. Eden marks the first in-sync stable release for the Apple TV2, iPad, and other iOS devices. We’ve vastly improved the method by which we handle input, including heavily upgrading JSON-RPC support, making remote control support much, MUCH simpler in Windows, and enabling unique methods of device communication with hardware like the HDMI-CEC Adapter. And now even AMD devices are supported for GPU video decoding in Linux to some extent, thanks to the inclusion of VAAPI.

We are also in the process of drastically altering XBMC Live to make it more like a full “*Buntu” version of XBMC with massive changes to the boot and install process. That alteration is not quite ready for prime time (and, thus, is not available at this time), but our devs are working on it round the clock. Keep an eye out for a more in-depth article on this in the next week or so. The XBMC Linux PPA is also not immediately available, but check back a few days after Christmas. It should be online at that time.

Because this is Beta software, you can likely expect minor issues over the course of the next few weeks. For example, you may discover issues with playing movie trailers that may require a manual install of the Youtube addon. If, after asking in the forum and updating to the most recently available Beta, your issue is not solved, feel free to follow the above link to the Trac service and create a ticket with the issue. As always, when troubleshooting, providing a debug log will be essential to resolving issues.

And with that, we invite users one and all to backup your userdata folder (which is always a good idea)(also, iOS users, you should follow this link for info on your slightly different backup process), and get to downloading!

Let us know what you think in the comments. Spread the word. XBMC Eden Beta is finally available!

http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2011/12/24/xbmc-11-0-eden-beta-available-now/

Wizard55
30-12-11, 00:37
Going to ask a stupid question, but will this be a plugin for vix and will it work on all engima 2 boxs

silverfox0786
30-12-11, 01:52
Going to ask a stupid question, but will this be a plugin for vix and will it work on all engima 2 boxs

i wont rip inta ya as im too busy :roflmao: this is for PC based systems

if your new ro XBMC i suggest doing alot of reading up on it as you need to know it to use it to its full potential

silverfox0786
03-01-12, 00:53
WOW this is a fantastic update

its well worth installing even though its a beta version

WOW im well impressed with it so far

im85288
03-01-12, 18:40
Agreed. Fantastic, loving the proper touch screen support on the IPad and IPhone versions

silverfox0786
03-01-12, 18:41
Agreed. Fantastic, loving the proper touch screen support on the IPad and IPhone versions

never been able to find the iphone and ipad version where did you get it from

looked all over appstore

Rob van der Does
03-01-12, 19:20
There should be a plugin available to make E2-boxes available for a PC with XMBC. Anybody any experience with that?

TK4|2|1
03-01-12, 20:27
Is this available as an upgrade to an existing Dharma release, or is it a new install

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers to push buttons.

im85288
03-01-12, 20:35
never been able to find the iphone and ipad version where did you get it from

looked all over appstore

It's not available via the AppStore, basically you need to add the xbmc source to cydia and install from there. That will require your device to be jailbroken.

im85288
03-01-12, 20:42
There should be a plugin available to make E2-boxes available for a PC with XMBC. Anybody any experience with that?

Yes
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=23834&page=63 has just been updated today, it's getting better and better with picon support now added.

silverfox0786
03-01-12, 20:58
yeah cool i managed to find it

Delagroov
10-02-12, 19:04
I have installed the dreamboxplugin this morning, but i get script error when trying to load some bouquets.
Don't know why some bouquets are okay and others not.

Delagroov
11-02-12, 12:15
I have installed the dreamboxplugin this morning, but i get script error when trying to load some bouquets.
Don't know why some bouquets are okay and others not.

I found out dreambox plugin has an problem with markers in the channellist.

I removed all markers and now the channels are loaded of all bouquets.

Sandman
16-02-12, 21:15
Thanks to this thread I decided to give XBMC another go (currently using MediaBrowser)...boy am I glad I did...Eden Beta 3 with HD audio support really does make a mockery of my old setup :thumbsup:

All I need now is markus625's VIX skin and its streamline tastic :cool:

Maxwell
16-02-12, 21:23
Got to say I have just installed Eden on both my laptop and server and its the best yet and as sandman says when we get the new skin from Markus eveything will be sweet :cool:
No pressure Markus but hurry up :D