PDA

View Full Version : ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) - Front USB port for watching movies

judge
28-12-11, 12:49
Hi all, in the previous VIX image, I'd stick a USB key in the front USB port to watch the odd movie.
When the stick went in, a message would pop up on screen asking if I wanted to view the media files on that stick, worked perfectly.

On the latest VIX with new kernel, as soon as I put the stick in, I get a message saying 'no media files found' or something like that.
I can navigate to the USB stick and view the movies that way using the media button on the remote.
However it's a few extra steps and a slight pain.
No biggie but if it can be fixed it would be great...
thanks, d.

silverfox0786
28-12-11, 18:06
i trhink thats linux 3.1.1 thing might ne be fixed might be cant be too sure

judge
29-12-11, 13:05
Thaks for the reply Silver.
Looks like a simple enough bug? something like when you insert a USB key in the front, maybe it scams /media/usb & doesn't see any media as I use that for my picons & EPG (plugged i the back). Seems to be scanning the wrong mount point maybe???

Anyway, as the team are aware of this, I'm sure you guys will come up with a fix soon, no biggie...

pooface
29-12-11, 13:33
Depends whether it's a kernel problem, driver problem etc etc...

Would help if u could enable debug logging and then restart e2. Then plug the stick in, get error message, restart e2 again after the msg, then ftp in to the box and get the file with corect time and date from /home/root and upload it here. Should give us some more info as to what ur box is saying... and why it's refusing it...

Sent with Tapatalk