PDA

View Full Version : gigant vu plus image

satsatsat
25-07-10, 20:24
can i ask if anyone would recommend using the final version of this released today .......or am i taking a risk here :eek:

elgeneral
25-07-10, 21:37
Hi @satsatsat

this release by webkurier is the second Image woork dvb-t usb

other nice alternative DreamElite

Recommendations:

* Full operation of image (WiFi, DVB-T tuner) only guarantees its installation in flash.
* Wireless works 100% with the adapter usb: TP-Link TL-WN321G 54Mbps Ralink chip
* The third tuner works 100% with your dvb-t usb: Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-T-Stick Value
* Due to limited space in flash, picony recommended to install on your flash drive - should be set up FTP directories:
/ Media / usb / Picon
/ Media / usb / piconProv
/ Media / usb / piconSat

satsatsat
25-07-10, 21:57
ok well can i ask if anyone else has used it and verdict

micscave
25-07-10, 22:02
Hey satsatsat
I'm giving it a go right now & all seems ok so far. One thing though is that it takes a real long time to boot. On first boot after flashing the image to the box it seems to hang on the first splash screen for maybe 5 or 6 minutes. .It does load in the end though.

Give it a go, your not taking any risk really. You will need to change the language to english and you might want to send your own channel list to the box though as it is bias to german.

Hope this helps

stanley1
26-07-10, 00:56
lip sync problem still there on mpeg4 transmissions.

canthackit
26-07-10, 12:16
this image is probaly the worst i've ever encountered in all my years with linux recievers, as miscave states it takes absolute yonks to boot into the setup, then when you do it's a labourious stroll around the menu's.

when i did eventually manage to get into the installed progs i tried Merlin Music Player to try and play my music on the HDD it didn't and when trying to exit the prog i got the GSOD, then we go through the whole reboot procedure.

and in spite of supposed updates, there's nothing there that enhances from the previous version apart from the skins which are preinstalled.

but if you like these images and you've got the previous one installed stcik with it..................this new one'll drive you barmy.

i've just had to edit my post this opinion is for the 1.5 and not the 1.6 that just out.

regards:canthackit

canthackit
27-07-10, 12:19
ok
i've tried and still am trying the OE1.6 version, it still takes this one an eternity to load but not quite as bad as the OE1.5, it's quite a nice looking image with a terrific default skin, comes with lots of plugins.

on the downside at least for me is the infobar fades and does not clear immediately (after 5 secs), now that really gets on my nerves, CCcam info from the plugins is in the polish language only, i had to uninstall it and load the version i have manually, and on the 2nd info bar, again the selectable options are in polish only.

so all in all although it's quite a decent image, but to many bugs for me and it wont be staying.

regards: canthackit

andyblac
27-07-10, 17:24
ok
i've tried and still am trying the OE1.6 version, it still takes this one an eternity to load but not quite as bad as the OE1.5, it's quite a nice looking image with a terrific default skin, comes with lots of plugins.

on the downside at least for me is the infobar fades and does not clear immediately (after 5 secs), now that really gets on my nerves, CCcam info from the plugins is in the polish language only, i had to uninstall it and load the version i have manually, and on the 2nd info bar, again the selectable options are in polish only.

so all in all although it's quite a decent image, but to many bugs for me and it wont be staying.

so is this OE 1.6 ? just i am looking for a Converter plugin for the encryption info, in VTI it was called "ExtremeInfo.pyc" found in "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/ExtremeInfo.pyc", but this does not seem to load in OE1.6 images ?

canthackit
28-07-10, 10:15
@ andy yes mate

it is OE1.6 the 2nd review.

i don't have it installed any longer, the only thing is as you say that the file you seek is in the VTI image which is now back on my box.

andyblac
28-07-10, 10:30
@ andy yes mate

it is OE1.6 the 2nd review.

i don't have it installed any longer, the only thing is as you say that the file you seek is in the VTI image which is now back on my box.

as i sad it does not load on oe1.6 :(

pooface
28-07-10, 14:51
Andy, that's because it's a compiled python file, and so has been compiled for python 2.5 not 2.6...

You will need the source (.py file), and then maybe even need to convert it to python 2.6...