PDA

View Full Version : Terrestrial Freeview in Silverfox Bouquets

beermat
27-12-11, 22:41
Hi,

I am using the Silverfox bouquets and find that although the freeview channels are listed when I select the TV button on the VU+ remote, they are not accessible.

Do I need to do anything more other than ftp across the bouquet files?

Thanks,

Stanman
27-12-11, 22:43
They have been set up for SF transmitter, your better of doing a scan and configuring for your particular transmitter.

beermat
27-12-11, 22:46
Thank you for the reply but I do not understand what an SF transmitter is?

Stanman
27-12-11, 22:47
Silverfoxes local transmitter

beermat
27-12-11, 22:50
OK I understand, thanks. Does that mean it would be better for me to build my own particular bouquet (or subset) and label this "Freeview Channels" and scan my dish for these channels manually?

Stanman
27-12-11, 22:54
Sorry you have me confused. He does several bouquets one is terrestrial freeview which is not the same as free to view from the dish, if its the latter your talking about (you have mentioned both in post 1 and the one above this post) than those will be the same.

If its USB terrestrial tuner connected to an aerial, than yest you will need to do a scan and make up your own bouquet though most of SF channels should work its only BBC1 and ITV that a regional.

beermat
27-12-11, 23:03
OK thanks, I think I am clear now. I was getting confused between freeview and freesat. When I saw the freeview bouquet provided by Silverfox I naturally assumed that I would be able to get these channels from 28.2 with no additional hardware.

Thanks,

Stanman
27-12-11, 23:10
His latest settings has them in there free to air - the ones you don't need a sky card and also free to view - the ones you do need a sky card but does not need to have a sub, so could be an old one that is still active.

Link in my signature

Sicilian
10-01-12, 21:04
Moved to the correct section, please do not post discussion topics in downloads only sections.