PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] VIX Update

Alias1
27-12-11, 11:22
Got a weird one here; the green flashing light comes on to tell me there are updates for the box.
The problem is that it's the same 2 updates each time and a soon as you reboot the box the green light on the box is flashing again

Larry-G
27-12-11, 11:23
Login via a telnet session and issue the following commands.

opkg remove kernel-module-rtl8192cu --force-depends

opkg upgrade

shutdown -r now

Alias1
27-12-11, 12:06
That fixed it would like to know what causes it.
Ie why the removal of the following: kernel-module-rtl8192cu
Thanks man

Larry-G
27-12-11, 12:24
That fixed it would like to know what causes it.
Ie why the removal of the following: kernel-module-rtl8192cu
Thanks man

because that module is no longer needed as its now built directly into the kernel it self.

andyblac
31-12-11, 17:13
because that module is no longer needed as its now built directly into the kernel it self.

the other way around, the kernel module (built from linux source) does not support all the NEW dongles (i.e. the vuplus dongle that come with the Utlimo), where as i build the last driver direct from Realtek do. so i have removed the kernel-module version ;)

and btw this will be done for you in build 161, which is online now.

Larry-G
31-12-11, 17:15
the other way around, the kernel module (built from linux source) does not support all the NEW dongles (i.e. the vuplus dongle that come with the Utlimo), where as i build the last driver direct from Realtek do. so i have remove the kernel-module version ;)

LOL i told you most of what you do may as well be in Greek to me, i was partially rite even if i did get the wrong end of the stick LOL