PDA

View Full Version : How to Zap + Exit after using Left/Right buttons

ea.xlns
25-12-11, 14:33
This has been bugging me for a while and I'm not sure if it can be changed. I'm using the latest image (todays) on my VU+ Duo. When viewing channels/events on the left/right buttons I was hoping to Zap to a channel with the menu disappearing straight after the new channel opens.

Currently, after zapping to the channel I need to press OK then wait 5 seconds for the info bar to disappear. If I actually press exit when it has zapped to the channel it will actually go back to the previous channel which is annoying...

Is this possible?

Cheers

andyblac
25-12-11, 15:03
ok, i will add option to disable preview in next update

ea.xlns
25-12-11, 15:09
ok, i will add option to disable preview in next update

So it's not possible right now?

andyblac
25-12-11, 15:13
So it's not possible right now?

unfortunaly no it is not, give me a few day as it is christmas, maybe i will have the update for you on tuesday ;)

ea.xlns
25-12-11, 15:22
unfortunaly no it is not, give me a few day as it is christmas, maybe i will have the update for you on tuesday ;)

Thanks mate - you're doing a fantastic job

punisher
25-12-11, 15:46

now where would you find that kind of support from image coders these days :p nice one andy :thumbsup:

andyblac
25-12-11, 19:42
Thanks mate - you're doing a fantastic job

just a update, just coded it, i am just testing it now so it is coming!!!.

MarsArtis
25-12-11, 21:00
Actually u have to press ok Two Times. The first to preview the second to zap.
I really prefer this as a feature

punisher
25-12-11, 21:25
Te feature will be kept but a new option to disable altogether for those that dont want it :p

ea.xlns
06-01-12, 10:12
just a update, just coded it, i am just testing it now so it is coming!!!.

brilliant work - any idea when it'll be ready? Also, would this feature be available via an online update or on a completely new image?

Thanks Andy!

ea.xlns
08-01-12, 04:27
Can anyone answer?

Rob van der Does
08-01-12, 08:28
LOL, it has been introduced already. Just make sure your image is up-to-date (ViX --> software update).

To set a choice: push right (or left) arrow or red --> Menu --> set function of (long)OK button.

BadBoy
08-01-12, 12:19
Excellent

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tsx
08-01-12, 18:03
.....but something that both the missus and I would love would be a button to 'zap previewed channel and exit' as I really get annoyed with myself when I preview something in the epg then go hunting for something better and forget that the channel has only been previewed not zapped when I hit exit. (I know its my fault but thought others may do the same!!)

Rob van der Does
08-01-12, 19:11
.....but something that both the missus and I would love would be a button to 'zap previewed channel and exit'
Well, there is!

tsx
08-01-12, 19:24
Well, there is!

Really, any pointers to where? You guys rock, the amount of work you lot put into the VIX image is quite amazing!

Rob van der Does
08-01-12, 19:49
See my screenshot above: e.g. set "OK" to "ZAP + EXIT".

tsx
08-01-12, 20:04
Sorry Rob, that's not quite what I meant, but thank you for your response...

What I was aiming for was the way it currently works, but for arguments sake lets say when you press exit it goes back to the tuned channel, ok previews and again or long press tunes and exits, but then another button exits but tunes the currently previewing channel (which maybe a long way away in the guide as you've browsed elsewhere).

Hope that makes sense.

Rob van der Does
09-01-12, 07:46
Hope that makes sense.
LOL, it probably does, but you lost me.

tsx
09-01-12, 11:24
LOL, ok I'll try again.

I like the way it is set up in your screenshot, but...

So Ok here's the thing.

1) I'm watching Channel 1
2) I open the guide and preview channel 2 (single 'ok' click)
3) I browse 6 pages away and then decide I actually want to watch channel 2.

At this point, it would be nice if I had a button to exit whilst tuning the previewed channel.

But all I can do is:
a) exit and let it tune back to channel 1
b) tune to the currently highlighted channel on page 6 of the guide.

Rob van der Does
09-01-12, 11:27
OK, thanks for leading me the way again.
That indeed is not possible.

ea.xlns
09-01-12, 19:42
LOL, it has been introduced already. Just make sure your image is up-to-date (ViX --> software update).

To set a choice: push right (or left) arrow or red --> Menu --> set function of (long)OK button.

Hi Rob,

OK to update by going to VIX > Software update?

I'm asked to select:

1. Unattended upgrade without GUI and reboot system
2. Upgrade and ask to reboot

Which do I select, never done an update through VIX menu?

Thanks Rob.

Larry-G
09-01-12, 19:54
you can use any. unattended will download the update, run it and reboot the box with you having no further input. option two will ask you if you want to reboot the box after the update has been downloaded etc. which you would still need to do in order for the updates to take.

ea.xlns
09-01-12, 20:04
Excellent work guys - it's safe to say this box/image is now complete and completely wife-friendly :-)

Rob van der Does
10-01-12, 07:27
Excellent work guys - it's safe to say this box/image is now complete and completely wife-friendly :-)
LOL, You mean the missus is now in control of the box :cool: