PDA

View Full Version : Box messed up...stuck on "Starting"

ea.xlns
25-12-11, 13:08
Hi folks, hope somebody can help me as this is very irritating.

I tried updating my box via the VIX menu this morning. It then reboot itself but is now stuck on 'starting' but does't actually start up. I've been trying to reflash using a USB but it's not going beyond the starting page for it to flash. I even removed the HDD in the hope that it wouldn't try to read this and just start up.

I'm using a MacBook Pro and have ordered a serial to usb cable (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250939827238#ht_1922wt_1089) just in case.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

punisher
25-12-11, 13:10
hmm try formatting ur usb stick and downloading image again, maybe download from a different browser. switch box off for a few minutes, then put stick in and boot the box up and flash as normal

ea.xlns
25-12-11, 13:16
hmm try formatting ur usb stick and downloading image again, maybe download from a different browser. switch box off for a few minutes, then put stick in and boot the box up and flash as normal
So you're saying it should still read the USB regardless?

Larry-G
25-12-11, 13:19
first mistake was to use the online update option as there are so many changes it needs to be done by usb. i know the light was flashing ans thats why you did it.

now flash the new bootloader to the box first using the usb stick then try the image again via usb.

ea.xlns
25-12-11, 13:19
After reading your reply I noticed the error I made. The path of the USB didn't contain the original vuduo folder, it went straight to duo!!! Stupid me. Seems to be reading USB now. Thanks mate

cbr900
25-12-11, 14:11
did it work with you now?

ea.xlns
25-12-11, 14:28
did it work with you now?

Yep - thanks.