PDA

View Full Version : Need a little advice with multi sats.

andyblac
25-07-10, 09:29
hi guys,

i am hearing allot of people with either a motorised setup or twin lnb setups, what are the benefit of them for the UK, is there a lot of sats that have English speaking channels on them that i can't get from 28.2˚e (sky uk), if so cold anyone point me in the correct direction on what sats have what programs on them and are they encrypted ?

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Andy.

xarqi
25-07-10, 09:40
Have a browse here:http://www.lyngsat.com/europe.html

pooface
25-07-10, 09:42
The main benefit of getting a motorised dish is being able to receive tv in your own language if you're not English... My partner is French, so she likes to watch French tv, and when her family come over to stay they like to watch French tv as well. Also, it's useful for the little one, as we want him to speak French also.

Yes, they do carry English audio on quite a few of their channels, just like other providers. But natively, it is in their own language, and usually is only the premium channels which carry English audio. e.g. on the canalsat package, the national channels such as TF1, M6 etc usually just have French language, since they broadcast mostly French programmes. But, on the movies channels such as Canal+ Family, CineCine Premiere etc, the have the default language on French, but also allow you to choose the English as an option.

The most useful satellites for the English language are 28.2 (obviously), 19.2e (Canalsat, D+, Sly De + a few other channels), 13e (Sly Italia, Nova), 7e (Digiturk), 4.8e (Viasat), 1w (canal+ nordic, digi tv), 30w (tv cabo, meo tv, d+). I'd say that they're the most used satellites I use for English audio. But to receive all of those packages, you'd need a subscription or other method, which we can't talk about...

I'd say that if you don't want a motor, but would like more variety and options, then get a satellite with the multi-lnb holder, and have lnb's offset for the main satellites (or just get a monoblock). Either have just 1 dish pointing to 28.2, 19.2 & 13 (which would need a fairly big dish of about 85cm to get all of them), or a smaller dish (about 60cm should do) for a monoblock for 19.2 & 13e, and use your current 28.2 dish for that. But not sure whether you can get a monoblock and single lnb to work together because of the diseqc switching...

Other reason people like to use motorised dishes is for football, as there can sometimes be football not shown in this country (e.g 3pm matches), and feeds to football not shown here (such as friendlies etc). Most useful sats for those seem to be 13e, 16e & 39e (as well as 7w, but you'd need a monstor dish about 2.4 metres for that sat :p)

canthackit
25-07-10, 12:19
is there anybody better than pooface at giving answer's :D

regards: canthackit