PDA

View Full Version : 9000HD help

leebowles
24-12-11, 19:02
Hiya guys, Ive read the tutorials etc, and i know im a newbie here, and dont wanna sound silly, but im completely lost, im using my sly dish and have not got a clue what sat im supposed to use, although astra2d seems to find most channels, most have $ symbols on them, which im assuming is encrypted, can someone maybe point to a guide referring to how i set cams up, i transferred them via usb but maybe im doing something wrong. network is set up ok, and it says connected, maybe its just FTA only?

Stanman
24-12-11, 22:55
DO you have a Sky card?

leebowles
24-12-11, 23:09
no? wasnt aware i needed a sky card? i was with sky months ago, im now with vm, but just thought id make use of dish. do i need a card? or a card with active subscription?

Stanman
24-12-11, 23:11
If you want to watch any of the subscription channels than yes but should get the FTA channels.

leebowles
25-12-11, 00:38
Ah so basically I need to get sky installed again then pay for all the channels? That's mental lol might as well just have sky? I'm confused lol think mate has pulled my leg and I've bought wrong thing.

punisher
25-12-11, 00:39
no... there are other means of doing it, but its illegal and we dont entertain it here :p google will be your best friend

leebowles
25-12-11, 11:11
merry christmas :)
now so what you guys are telling me is i need to source a card from somewhere for me to get the MOST from this box? does the card need to be active or can i use a redundent one?

punisher
25-12-11, 11:13
Merry Xmas mate. Like we said legally you can use ur own legit sky card if u have one ifnot thrn google is ur friend as we dont discuss other means of being able to view pay tv