PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] EPG data on USB stick

WOIIFTM
24-12-11, 15:06
I'm running the latest VIX image and despite the fact that my EPG settings for EPG data storage are set to USB the EPG data is saved on HDD. Tried changing the settings with intermediate reboots but no success. I didn't try a reflash (yet) but I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this without reflashing?

punisher
24-12-11, 15:12
Delete everything to do with epg from hdd an usb i.e cossepg folders epg.dat files. Then set epg location to usb. Reboot and then try downloading epg

WOIIFTM
25-12-11, 03:20
Delete everything to do with epg from hdd an usb i.e cossepg folders epg.dat files. Then set epg location to usb. Reboot and then try downloading epg

With this I have my EPG.dat on the USB stick, the crossepg folder remains on HDD. Prior to VIX 2.3 I somehow had both the EPG.dat and crossepg folders on USB.

punisher
25-12-11, 09:11
Yeh delete everything as mentioned above and all should be ok and back to normal

WOIIFTM
27-12-11, 01:37
I did deleted everything but the crossepg folder remains on the hdd.

In VIX prior to VIX 2.2 I had the crossepg folder on usb stick. So I'm thinking that the current way the location for EPG data can be set only applies on the EPG.dat file, not the crossepg data. So after some digging I did find a crossepg.conf in /usr/crossepg/. There I could adapt the db_root parameter to /media/usb/crossepg.

Deleting all the epg.dat (now on usb stick) and crossepg folder (on hdd) and rebooting all epg related data is now on usb stick. I wonder if it the skin I'm using (magicHD) is the reason I cannot set the location for the crossepg data?

Oh, and I also found recent epg.dat and epg.conf file in /etc/enigma2/ which I deleted prior to rebooting.

tolmie
11-01-12, 16:55
Ive installed my epg on internal flash, whats the reason not to do this, why does everyone stick on external usb, also how do uninstall crossepg and then install again on usb.

Sicilian
11-01-12, 18:04
Ive installed my epg on internal flash, whats the reason not to do this, why does everyone stick on external usb, also how do uninstall crossepg and then install again on usb.

If you store on flash you'll end up using useful memory space. Guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14373-How-to-setup-Crossepg-in-all-ViX-Images