PDA

View Full Version : Just got a TM 600 Advice please

jps71
24-07-10, 21:49
Hi Guys just taken delivery of a tm600.

I know nothing at all about linux boxes so please bear with me.
I have donw plenty of reading and I know how to flash a new img and how to get that to update using the blue botton.

What I want to know though is how to get it to connect to the internet.

I have connected it with a lan cable to my router a bt homehub 2 but I have no idea how to configure it.

I hope someone can help in simple terms :)

Thanks Jim

Sicilian
25-07-10, 18:57
Have a quick read here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?777-Tm-500-amp-tm-600-how-to-load-a-ur-image

jps71
26-07-10, 09:28
Thanks for the info Sicillian :)

I have already updated the img the problem was setting up the router a bt homehub2.

bobonthejob
26-07-10, 09:58
Once it has been plugged in to the router, you have nothing much to do after that.

The Router will assign automatically and IP address to the reciever. If you go to the options and the network settings, you will see that an IP address has been set and that it will be set by DHCP/Auto.

You could check the network setting on the box....then you could right down the IP that it has. To see its connected fine you can try ping that IP from your home PC/latop (Asssuming they connect to the same router for broadband).,

Click...start run...type in 'cmd' and press enter. At the black box that appears, type 'ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' and press enter. e.g. 'ping 192.168.1.2'

If you recieve a reply then you are fine... :D

Haope that helps.

jps71
26-07-10, 10:35
Thanks Bobonthejob

Everything seems to be fine :)
Even though I dont understand it lol

Cheers Jim