PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Ultimo - VIX Firmware ....when?

xdoktor
23-12-11, 15:28
Hi All!

Apologies if this has been asked before but,
had the VU+ Duo for a while and wanted to know if/when the VIX Team (= LEGENDS) will release their firmware for the VU+ Ultimo??
I just got the ET9200 recently and i was not impressd with pic quality compared to the VU+ Duo....
on ET9200, the 'HD' channels seem 'grainy' on my Pioneer A500 Kuro 'professionally calibrated by bumptious' (AV 'philes know who this is lol!!)
I used 'Autoresolution plugin' and still not impressed....
it's just my opinion as a viewer and NO WAY is intended to slate the ET9200....If any anyone can point me to a decent AV setup guide then i'm all ears!!

If necessary I will get an Ultimo NOW(or as soon as they are available) if I could help in anyway with BETA testings....I'm good at breaking stuff!! lol

cheers

Dok

Season Greetings to all!!

A greatful user!...I suppose I'm a VIX fanboy now hahah!!

digi247
23-12-11, 15:44
Hi All!

Apologies if this has been asked before but,
had the VU+ Duo for a while and wanted to know if/when the VIX Team (= LEGENDS) will release their firmware for the VU+ Ultimo??
I just got the ET9200 recently and i was not impressd with pic quality compared to the VU+ Duo....
on ET9200, the 'HD' channels seem 'grainy' on my Pioneer A500 Kuro 'professionally calibrated by bumptious' (AV 'philes know who this is lol!!)
I used 'Autoresolution plugin' and still not impressed....
it's just my opinion as a viewer and NO WAY is intended to slate the ET9200....If any anyone can point me to a decent AV setup guide then i'm all ears!!

If necessary I will get an Ultimo NOW(or as soon as they are available) if I could help in anyway with BETA testings....I'm good at breaking stuff!! lol

cheers

Dok

Season Greetings to all!!

A greatful user!...I suppose I'm a VIX fanboy now hahah!!

Hi mate i know who bumtious is and had some great starter settings from him in the past on my Pio plasma's, But you of all people should have realised that if he came out and did a calibration on your set and optimised one of the HDMI's for the Duo then obviously you will see a difference with the ET9200 as it is a totally different box and uses a different video chip from the duo, I doubt the Ultimo will help as that also uses a similar chip. Your only option is go back to the Duo or get it recalibrated for the ET or Ultimo.

Regards

xdoktor
23-12-11, 17:40
Ahhh digi247...there lies my problem!!

When TV was callibrated he did it when I had the dreaded Starview HD Combo!!!
When i upgraded to VU+ Duo the picture was still MINT!!

Makes sense then that further calibration would needed but I've got just 'one isf setting' for all inputs I think!!

thanks for the advice...sorry for being dumb! haha

Dok

Stanman
23-12-11, 19:51
You guys should now by now that we don't post ETA's for releases and making threads like this wont lead to one either.

With any image we work on, you will know its the best ti could be when its released and you will not not get a unstable bug ridden headache.

digi247
24-12-11, 02:14
You guys should now by now that we don't post ETA's for releases and making threads like this wont lead to one either.

With any image we work on, you will know its the best ti could be when its released and you will not not get a unstable bug ridden headache.

Although i never asked about the Vix image release for the duo as i replied to his calibration question, But i did read that Rob said the Vix 2.3 image for the Ultimo would be released the same day the ultimo is available here in the UK

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?13887-Ultimo-Price&p=100812&viewfull=1#post100812

Thanks

Sicilian
24-12-11, 07:31
We're in final testing atm, please be patient.