PDA

View Full Version : EMC + ViX 2.3 problem

Rimmel
22-12-11, 16:35
Installed ViX 2.3 (great job) :thumbsup:

Then installed EMC and I get a disrupted font on the folder selection on the default skin.

Anyone know how to fix it? It doesnt happen on other skins.

Thanks

Rob van der Does
22-12-11, 16:51
Better not install EMC at all. After all: why should you? All the functionality EMC offers is already in ViX.
EMC is meant for an original Enigma2, which doesn't have all that functionality.

Rimmel
22-12-11, 16:59
The Media Player that comes as default with ViX is clunky and awkward to use. I really hate the playlist aspect of it as well. I like EMC because it's basically "simpler" e.g pick a file and play it.

thanks though.

punisher
22-12-11, 17:15
Press filelist or vkey on ur remote an use that built i vix player. You can add more than 1 location to find ur movies scroll through and press ok an thats it

Rob van der Does
22-12-11, 17:16
The Media Player that comes as default with ViX is clunky and awkward to use. I really hate the playlist aspect of it as well. I like EMC because it's basically "simpler" e.g pick a file and play it.
LOL, the mediaplayer in ViX is the most complete and modern one you will be able to find.
But to open it, just push "filelist" (or something like that, depending on your R/C), not Menu --> Mediaplayer (I even deleted that entry on all my boxes).

In that mediaplayer all kinds of files (recordings/DVD's/ISO-DVD's/MP3's/Photo's) can be opened directly and even be previewed.
And navigation to all other locations is very easy.

Larry-G
22-12-11, 17:28
yes i agree. i had used EMC for several months but now i use the ViX media player as it's more complete and works fantastically well.

Rob van der Does
22-12-11, 17:31
But I must admit that the existence of Menu --> Mediaplayer is confusing and unneeded.

Having said that: there's one thing (as far as I know) that the old Mediaplayer does and the new one doesn't, and that's the support for MP3-playlists.

Rimmel
24-12-11, 18:02
Ah I see - I've been using the Menu --> Media Player version. The filelist version is great!

Is there any way to remove the Media player from the Menu?

thanks

punisher
24-12-11, 18:34
Download the menu sort plugin in extensions and then hide the menus you dont want

kunmun23
24-12-11, 21:37
But to open it, just push "filelist" (or something like that, depending on your R/C), not Menu --> Mediaplayer

Never tried the ViX media player..I always had been using Menu>Mediaplayer and then installed EMC. Now when I press "Filelist" it launches EMC. Do I need to uninstall EMC to try Vix mediaplayer?

Larry-G
24-12-11, 21:42
Never tried the ViX media player..I always had been using Menu>Mediaplayer and then installed EMC. Now when I press "Filelist" it launches EMC. Do I need to uninstall EMC to try Vix mediaplayer?

yes if you have EMC installed it installs over the vix media player.

punisher
24-12-11, 22:47
yeh in order to use the vix one u will need to remove EMC first