PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-UK XMLTV] How to

Tryharder
22-12-11, 10:41
Is there a HOW TO with regard to the epg (how to load it..how to keep it updated etc.) for a Clark-tech ET9000 available anywhere? I am trying to get my head round it but i am failing miserably so far!
If there is a full and simple explanation around i would be very grateful.......

Thanks in advance.......

rgds. Tryharder

Rob van der Does
22-12-11, 15:23
I don't know a real how-to, but maybe we could help out a bit.
First tell us what image your box is on and which channels (languages) you would be most interested. And also which medium is available to the box ((internal) HDD/USB-stick/NAS).

Tryharder
22-12-11, 17:51
I have the Vix image....I have a motorised dish ....English Language....I have a 1T internal HDD and a USB stick in the back.........
I get most stuff that is available from 28.2e to 30w..........and i am grateful for your help.

Thanks....

rgds.Tryharder

Rob van der Does
22-12-11, 17:55
You're welcome!
Now just enjoy your box and get used to all the beautiful stuff.

BTW: Do you use Foreca and Ytrailer? Those will give you extra fun (and questions??).

Tryharder
22-12-11, 18:25
BTW: Do you use Foreca and Ytrailer? Those will give you extra fun (and questions??).

Don't know what this is...so i suppose i haven't......with regard to questions....

1) an A-Z of how i get a fully working epg onto my ET9000 and how to keep it updated........

cheers. Tryharder

Rob van der Does
22-12-11, 18:29
LOL.....
Foreca is a good working and nice weahter forecast plugin.
YTrailer will let you watch a trailer (use the TV button once a program is selected in the EPG).
Both plugins are beauties and available online.

rytec
22-12-11, 19:26
If this has the same menu interface as the vu+ you can press the menu button and go to the settings menu --> system --> EPG
go to settings here and first of all disable all epg providers here.
change the location of the epg file to media/hdd by using the arrow keys left/right also enable EIT now/next in infoscreen and all others I have disabled to NO

now go to xmltv importer and activate this one, then press the blue button to select the epg sources which you want to use.
save this and go back then if you want you can press the yellow button to do a manual import now of the epg sources you have selected.

I hope this will get you started.

Tryharder
22-12-11, 20:14
Perfik....Thanks Rytec....Easy to follow HOW TO..............I am Importing on screen as i type....

Thanks to you both.......I shall certainly have a look at the 2 plugin's you suggest Rob.....

Is there anything else i will need to know to maintain an up to date EPG ?

rgds.Tryharder

rytec
22-12-11, 20:39
no, normaly it will update automaticaly at the time noted in the xmltv importer screen if you have enabled the automatic as i told in the How to.

Tryharder
22-12-11, 20:43
Thanks once again Rytec for your time..Iv'e just been through it and it's great...

Onwards and upwards............

rgds.Tryharder