PDA

View Full Version : VU+Duo and Dreamview

Jules
24-07-10, 11:48
Hi Guys,
I want to watch my VU+ Duo box on my pc with dreamview.
I cannot seem to get it working. I can watch my dreambox 7020 with dreamview, but I cannot connect to my VU+ box.
Can someone help me with this please?

Thank you.
Regards, Jules.

micscave
24-07-10, 14:08
Ayup Jules
just type your Vu+ ip address into IE address bar & use VU+ Web control.

Hope this helps

Jules
24-07-10, 14:14
Thanks Micscave,
How can this help me with dreamview though?
Cheers, Jules.

ttt1892
24-07-10, 14:24
Jules,I use Dreambox VLC Streamer.I had a similar problem to you.It turned out,I had deleted the webinterface plugin from my duo.Check that.

ttt.

micscave
24-07-10, 14:39
Sorry you're right, no help with dreamview.
It's just a quick, easy way to stream to pc.

Jules
24-07-10, 17:35
Thanks for the info Guys, How do I set upi the web interface.
Also can I watch recordings from my other dreambox through my VU+?
Regards, Jules.

pooface
24-07-10, 19:07
Have tried it, but you should be able to watch recordings from the other dreambox. But you'd need to mount the dreambox hdd to your vu duo... Haven't tried it, so don't know how. But sure I've read of people doing similar things...

Also, as for setting up the web interface, have you ensured that it is actually installed?! On a pc, go to the web browser, and type in the ip address of your vu duo. This should give you a web interface. If it loads, you have it installed and can configure it using the plugins menu. Dunno whether that would help with dreamview though...

Jules
24-07-10, 20:16
Thanks pooface.
Regards, Jules

sivhead
30-07-10, 14:54
Dreamview is not compatiable with the enigma2 web interface. IF you want to expirement with different apps for streaming you can try

DreamViewer
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1167-DreamViewer-For-Enigma-2 ,

Tunisia Sat Player and Webstreamer 6.04
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1160-Streaming-at-work&highlight=mfaraj (the 6th thread down for the download). Although I have not tested it on the VU.

and theres always the good old way mentioned using the web interface. opening into VLC

Jules
01-08-10, 13:08
Thanks Guys,
Do any of these work with win98?

basilyoung
01-08-10, 13:18
vlc most likely does..the others not to sure
baz

also try firefox with the vlc plugin

Jules
01-08-10, 13:32
Thanks Baz