PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-epg.dat] Unable to get any epg info

Maxwell
21-12-11, 19:08
Dont know whats happening here, I have been unable to download any epg data for 2 days now, I have deleted epg.dat from HDD and USB stick and restarted several times, when I try to manually download it brings up the importing info for about 5 seconds then just disappears.
I have also reflashed and done all the latest updates but still nothing, sources are correctly selected and the box is online ok.
This is on a VU Duo running Vix 2.3

Any ideas please

punisher
21-12-11, 19:47
have you checked where the epg is downloading to from the settings? maybe something has gone corrupt and you might need to do a reflash. but if everything is fine, like delete all references to epg like crossepg folder, epg.dat file from usb/hdd. then make sure the epg location is set to where you want it to be. reboot the box. then try downloading again. if that dont work then try a reflash

rytec
22-12-11, 10:18
within the xmltv importer you can save the logfile.
please put this file online here so we can see what is happening.

Maxwell
22-12-11, 11:13
within the xmltv importer you can save the logfile.
please put this file online here so we can see what is happening.

Does the logfile get saved automatically if not I dont have it, if so where is it ?

I have it working again but dont know why.

Here is the sequence of events.

Was working fine until tuesday this week then no epg data and would not download any.
Deleted all epg.dat - still no download - attempt to download lasted about 3 seconds
Removed USB stick - still no download - attempt to download lasted about 3 seconds
Flashed back to my last image save - still no download - attempt to download lasted about 3 seconds
Flashed back to a virgin Vix 2.3 install - no download - attempt to download lasted about 3 seconds
Flashed back to my last saved image - got download attempt for about 2 minutes but 0 events.
Did a factory reset and restored last saved settings, rebooted.
EPG back up and running.
If it happens again I will let you know

[EDIT]

Have just tried to manually download again and nothing again, how do I save the logfile ?

Thanks for your offer of assistance.

rytec
22-12-11, 19:33
go to menu-->settings-->system-->epg
do a manual import and wait a few secs because it has to download the data files and unpack them in your box to import them, this can take a while (45 secs approx.)
then after this or even while it is busy you can press the epg button on your remote and you will see the logscreen.
press the blue button to save it, standard it goes to /tmp but keep in mind that after a restart the /tmp is empty so first put it on your pc.
But it is better to wait untill it is totaly finished or NOT in your case then you have to press the epg button earlier.

Ryan

rytec
22-12-11, 19:36
here an example of the epgimport.log file

[EPGImport] using source /etc/epgimport/vix.sources.xml
[EPGImport] using source http://www.ebook-directory.net/rytecxmlepg/rytec.sources.xml
[EPGImport] nextImport, source= Rytec Benelux XMLTV
[EPGImport] Downloading: http://www.ebook-directory.net/rytecxmlepg/rytecxmltvbenl.gz to local path: /media/usb/epgimport.gz
[EPGImport] afterDownload /media/usb/epgimport.gz
[EPGImport] Using twisted thread!
[EPGImport] unlink /media/usb/epgimport.gz
[EPGImport] Parsing channels from 'http://www.ebook-directory.net/rytecxmlepg/rytec.channels.xml.gz'
[XMLTVConverter] Enumerating event information
Unknown channel: 60
Unknown channel: 102
Unknown channel: 24
Unknown channel: 49
Unknown channel: 5
Unknown channel: 6
Unknown channel: 304
Unknown channel: 99
Unknown channel: 73
Unknown channel: 306
Unknown channel: 90