PDA

View Full Version : no plugins to download

fizza
21-12-11, 19:03
hi all showing somebody the xtrend box when i pressed the green button to download none were available the other day there was a wide selection is there a server where the box connects to thanks

Larry-G
21-12-11, 19:10
if your using the ViX image it connects to our own server to access those downloads etc, have you checked your actually connected to the internet via the box ?.

fizza
21-12-11, 19:34
hi mate connected to internet tried network test and using vix image

Larry-G
21-12-11, 19:37
very strange. i'm at work now so i cant test my box to see if it's the same.

you could try updating the image if updates are available or use a telnet session and type the following command
opkg update && opkg upgrade once that completes reboot the box and see if it makes a difference.

fizza
21-12-11, 19:42
i will give a go cheers

punisher
21-12-11, 19:50
im on et5k on vix and can access the plugin downloads no problem. you might need to reflash if you cant get it work. make sure you can ftp into the box, that will show that you have network access and box is ok, but maybe something gone corrupt

fizza
21-12-11, 19:59
sorry i am tring to telnet to my box is this correct telnet ***.***.***.*** *is ip address

thanks

Stanman
21-12-11, 20:04
what are you using to telnet?

If windows 7 you need to enable the telnet command and than in run type telnet and box ip address. If you dont know what this is, menu on the box and network and adapter settings will show it.

Personally, download Putty as its much better and is also free.

Larry-G
21-12-11, 20:15
if your using the windows telnet client rememebr to insert a o ( for oscar ) before the ip of the box.

so for example

o 192.168.0.1

you will then be asked to enter the user name and password for the box

you can use this tutorial here.

Tutorial - How to enable the default Telnet client in Windows 7
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...t-in-Windows-7 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7)

fizza
21-12-11, 20:22
hi there tried software upgrade no luck how easy is it to reinstall if its corrupted thanks

Stanman
21-12-11, 20:28
Before you do that try changing the ethernet cable or make sure its seated properly.

As for flashing, you need to download the image and put it on USB with just the folder ET9000 or ET9x00 if you are new image 2.3 on the root. Remove all other USB devices,power the box off and than on and at the VFD prompt press OK on the front panel of the box.

Also before you do all of this press blue button>VIX>backup manager and back up your current settings.

On the reboot install just the settings and not any plugins it asks for.