PDA

View Full Version : tuner settings

sooty
24-07-10, 10:07
Hi guys,
Just received my VU+duo box yesterday and tried getting it all connected. Managed to get the image loaded no problem and had a little trouble navigating my way around the image - it's a little different to what I was used to [TM9100S, EDG].

Anyway, managed to get the network setup and downloaded most of what I need but cannot seem to get the tuners setup.

I have a Triax 1.2 dish with technomate DISEqC H-H motor and technomate quad LNB.
Any help to get me up and running? I have little faith in usuals.

I read sloth's post and tried different things, but seem to get no-where.

Thanks in advance

SLOTH
24-07-10, 10:12
Hi mate
what ya got working , do you have a signal can you get any channels , and was it all working before you swopped boxs ... i had a total nightmare ... but did get it sorted !
cheers
Sloth

sooty
24-07-10, 10:14
Hi Sloth, didnt get any channels or signal. I was starting to wonder if the SNR/AGC/BER were working or not.
I downloaded Dream Elite - latest version.

I gave up and reconnected the TM9100 last night and all was fine.

SLOTH
24-07-10, 10:18
Hi again mate
have for the fully loaded pli image and then download and send the latest settings file . also select usals and put in the correct co ordinates ., is the motor usals compatible ?
sloth

basilyoung
24-07-10, 10:35
copied and slightly modded post from another thread,
but will also restate, if your dish/motor/pole is set up correctly USALS (if your motor is compatable) are your best option, but, if you preferr manually setting up your motor, this is how

1st use USALS TO DRIVE TO A KNOWN SAT,..IE 28 EAST (tuner A set to lnb 1)
go to tuner configeration
disable USALS (no instead of yes)
set the motor drive to diasque 1.2
after that
go to positioner setup
select positioner movement / or fine movement (might be best) get best signal for 28 east,..then go to positioner storage, and save as position 28
then using this as a start point, find the sats your are after
once you have your best signal, go to positioner storage, and save ie; 19 east = 19
baz

ps, I have also posted this reply on your thread, on another forum

sooty
24-07-10, 11:24
Thanks guys for the feedback.
Not sure if it is my motor is usuals, how would i find out?
I have TM 2600 Super DiSEqC Metal Drive Motor.

Baz, when I enter the changes and click ok it prompts me to zap back to service before tuner setup. At this point it freezes and I cannot do anything.

I am forced to switch off from back of box

micscave
24-07-10, 14:26
Hey sooty
Yes the TM 2600 is USUALS.

SLOTH
24-07-10, 14:36
Sooty .. after each set of changes its a good idea to restart ... a ball ache i know ... but seems to work
Sloth

sooty
24-07-10, 15:29
Cheers guys for all the feedback, got a right bollocking from the missus for spending so much time on the box and not getting a dicky bird after promising her that it was a plug and play box. :confused:

Had a feeling the motor was usuals but not 100% sure. More importantly, I dont think the sat is correctly positioned, which is why its not picking any sats.

I have a friend coming around so hopefully we can get the dish set up properly.
Can't spend any more time on it today as I have a family function to attend. :mad:

Thanks once again for all you help and suggestions.

Sicilian
25-07-10, 18:49
This is what I use for a TM2600 http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=382 Change the long and lat to suit where you are.

Then just upload a set of engima 2 settings/bouquets from our downloads.

sooty
26-07-10, 06:22
Hi guys, just a quick update. Couldnt get the usuals working. Me and a mate tried manual sat positions but with no success. Changed image [as per Sloth's advice] to VTI and saved sat positions manually. All up and running and very pleased with results. Just getting around all plugins, etc. Having fun now! :)

dfdream
26-07-10, 08:57
Sooty, If you are scanning the arc OK and want usals in the interim this is what I did.
I have to move my dish soon so I didnt want to go adjusting it.All my SATs are stored rather than usals so I set a sat to use usals with the correct long / lat and watched what way it moved and by how much. I then changed the longt setting reducing (cant remeber if reducing value moved it left or right) in small steps until the picture came back again. Once I got on the signal I did smaller steps until it was perfect. It was nearly 2 deg out for my location. I then changed my other sats to usals and enabled ones I hatnt manually stored and they all can in perfectly. This will do me for now until I move the dish to its new location and set it to the correct long.