PDA

View Full Version : Wishes for upcoming Vu+ ViX images

Raitsa
20-12-11, 14:59
Hey guys, I hope there is room for this kind of topic here.

Please post your (sensible) wishes regarding the future Vu+ ViX images.

My personal wishes are:

1. DM-Concinnity skin

punisher
20-12-11, 15:11
Im pretty sure ud need to ask the author of the skin if hed b kind enough to update skin to work with vix

chrispeters
20-12-11, 16:54
i would love to be able to record stuff from my mobile ( like sky ) that would be awesome !! many times i been in pub sayin...aaww i forgot that was on !

t.ph
20-12-11, 17:05
i would love to be able to record stuff from my mobile ( like sky ) that would be awesome !! many times i been in pub sayin...aaww i forgot that was on !

You can set your box to record by using one of the many apps available for all the phones out there. Try a search on thier approriate market place.

Larry-G
20-12-11, 17:06
You can start recordings from the web interface so you'd only need to login to that to start a remote recording.

chrispeters
21-12-11, 13:19
i was under the impression that u had to be in the network to get the interface up ?

Sicilian
21-12-11, 13:21
i was under the impression that u had to be in the network to get the interface up ?

You can port forward the webif port, but change to a different port and add username and password to login.

chrispeters
21-12-11, 13:25
You can set your box to record by using one of the many apps available for all the phones out there. Try a search on thier approriate market place.

been told it only works with sky box

chrispeters
21-12-11, 13:27
You can port forward the webif port, but change to a different port and add username and password to login.

i will have to read up on that...sounds complicated lol

punisher
21-12-11, 14:18
Have a look at my tutorial below that will allow you to access your box remotely? Its in my signature, how to setup inadyn

raedkuwait
25-12-11, 00:38
Pls i really really wish if a feature for Disabling background scanning is there
i really need that to stop certain channels from coming back pls

punisher
25-12-11, 00:40
you can disable background scanning from menu/system/setup/customize and i think its towards the bottom "Disable Background Scanning"

Rob van der Does
25-12-11, 08:13
Yep, has always been in ViX 2.0 and above.

But can you explain why you're so desperately to use that? The general advise is to leave it activated.
Changing channel names can be prevented to have them "locked" (any decent settings editor can do that).
And as you speak of "preventing channels from "re-appearing" it looks like you are using the channel mainlist (which is not wise: regard it as a database for the receiver and you self use bouquets).