PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!! dlna and ET9000 and sony bravia!!

irishchris
19-12-11, 02:59
hi guys lookng for some guidance if anyone can shed some light on a problem i have. i have a sony bravia 37" led tv in my bedroom and have it setup via dlna {have tried using both the minidlna and the ushare, minidlna better in many respects but same end result}
the issue is with streaming to the tv via dlna. using minidlna it detects all the files and folders in the recoording folder of my et9000. however die to crap drivers in the sony it will only play certain codecs and will not play the recordings in their ts state. if i change the end from xxxx.ts to xxxx.Mpeg it worked but here is the thing. it was on a recording from itv hd and played flawless. thought job done and was pleased. but then tried a recording from sky atlantic hd and bbc one and bbc hd and it would play with just a black screen and no sound. so did another recording on itv hd and hey presto it worked again! but none of the others would??????

so my question is why? do itv hd broadcast in a different way somehow to sky atlanric hd or bbc one hd? has anyone got a bravia or used any tv with dlna to stream recordings from their et's or vu+ and if so how????

silverfox0786
19-12-11, 03:50
hey irish

i seem to be having this same issue

anything that is sly subbed there is no audio and anything that is not i/e. fta works fine

i think its the sly sub codec thats not detected

some sort of dlna scrambling

the only thing i was able to play back was fta recordings and other sat positions but nothing on sly

machare
19-12-11, 13:47
so my question is why? do itv hd broadcast in a different way somehow to sky atlanric hd or bbc one hd? has anyone got a bravia or used any tv with dlna to stream recordings from their et's or vu+ and if so how????My Samsung TV sees the files via uShare but won't play them. The only UPnP video that I have got to work with the Samsung is live TV from Dvbviewer on my PC.

The Samsung TV wont play the Vix ts files even if I put them on a USB stick.

I can view the Ushare videos using XMBC on my laptop.

Mediatomb is able to do transcoding, and I had hoped that someone might be able to get that to work with our TVs. :)

I think the TV manufacturers only bother to make the DLNA stuff work with their own products.:mad:

irishchris
19-12-11, 20:17
thanks guys! i thought the same silver mate but i tried a recording off bbc one hd which is fta and it also would not play??? did not realise mediatomb transcoded as well. definitely would be a great addition if andy was up to it when he has less of a workload sometime :sofahide:

sanj111
11-05-12, 02:13
I am getting the same issue on my Samsung UE32D5520. I have recorded a few movies from Sky Comedy HD on my Vu+ DUO and it has saved as a .ts file. I can pick files up on my DLNA tv via miniDLNA but when I play it i get a message 'File Not Supported'. uShare , none of the files are detectable. To make matters more confusing my brother has the same setup and his works fine and he has a UE32C6710 tv? What is going on?

Rob van der Does
11-05-12, 07:52
What if you rename the extension from .ts to .mpeg?

Larry-G
11-05-12, 09:55
one thing i would do first is to run it through TS doctor to clean it up a little. this will also help you reduce the size of the file without reducing the quality. you can also use mkvmerge GUI to very very quickly produce a .MKV file from the .TS files.

sanj111
11-05-12, 11:18
Thanks for the replys. I will try them when I get home. But do you think that this could be a TV/Model issue as I tried with my UE46C9000 and it worked fine but the whole point is that I want it to work in my bedroom TV. Also what I did before I figured out about miniDLNA Setup was disable ALL the setup options I have in VIX Image and now cannot enable a few of them. So could this be an issue? I will also try to re-intall the image and start afresh again if all else fails.

machare
11-05-12, 11:45
@sanj111
You might want to see if there are any firmware updates on the Samsung website that might help.

Stanman
11-05-12, 14:55
No, if you can see and play on one telly and not the other, its a telly issue and nothing to do with box or imgae.

sanj111
11-05-12, 16:21
@Stanman
I think your right. Its the TV. Just does not support .ts. I can play MP4 just fine. Gutted

white_westie
15-05-12, 00:12
Just to throw in my experiences with a panasonic tv, and using minidlna on my et9000 box to serve approx 100 recordings.
TV can see all recordings but will play/not play the following:-
play - ITV HD, SC4, BBC HD
not play - BBC One HD, France 2 HD, TF1 HD, RAI Sport 1/2

All will playback on my WDLive media player using either the dlna media client, or if movie folder is mounted using nfs.

WW

pacha2
06-06-12, 21:07
The TVs definitely are picky about what they will play or even display

Renaming the .ts to .avi allows me to play some recordings on both my Panasonic G20 and Sony Bravia via DNLA.

However i cannot fast forward or rewind any of the recordings on the ViX image.

Has anyone else come across this?

pacha2
17-06-12, 22:35
Just to add an update to my experience with DNLA.

Only after renaming and/or linking will the recordings even show up on the list on the TV Video players.
I had major issues after renaming, when you try and use the recording on the Satellite recorder. This lead me to try creating symbolic links, which only work -sn option.
I used the command below which creates a symbolic link for all the .ts recording as .avi

for f in *.ts; do ln -sn /media/hdd/movie/"${f}" /media/usb/links/"${f/.ts/.avi}"; done;

May be of use to someone else trying to stream direct to a DNLA TV?