PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo

Blu-ray
17-12-11, 17:35
Will i be able to watch the new irish satellite freeview tv Saorview with the 3rd tuner option on the Ultimo, if so what tuner would i need.

silverfox0786
17-12-11, 17:37
what mux is soarview

in anycase freeview needs the DVB-T/C tuner

Blu-ray
17-12-11, 17:44
I think it is the irish freesat tv service to replace analoge when switched off. Is there a plugin DVB-T/C tuner for the Ultimo.

bassethound
17-12-11, 18:01
Saorview has a very tight spot beam on Ireland and will need a new Ka Band lnb

tomthebomb1968
17-12-11, 20:35
Saorview has a very tight spot beam on Ireland and will need a new Ka Band lnb

Saorview is digital Terrestrial not satellite. There site says.

Is SAORVIEW the same as UK Freeview?[/h] No.
Irish DTT uses MPEG-4 video compression over a DVB-T broadcasting infrastructure. Both standard definition and future high definition channels on Irish DTT will use these standards.
UK Freeview uses MPEG-2 over DVB-T for its standard definition channels and MPEG-4 over DVB-T2 for its high definition channels.
A standard definition UK Freeview STB or iDTV (mpeg2 / dvb-t) will not work with Irish DTT.
A high definition UK Freeview STB or iDTV (mpeg4 / dvb-t2) will work with Irish DTT, as DVB-T2 is backward compatible with DVB-T.

So I think the combo C/T tuner should work

silverfox0786
17-12-11, 21:12
irish will be able to use thr Vuplus Hybrid C/T Tuner to get HD content

bassethound
17-12-11, 21:51
Saorview is digital Terrestrial not satellite. There site says.

Is SAORVIEW the same as UK Freeview?[/h] No.
Irish DTT uses MPEG-4 video compression over a DVB-T broadcasting infrastructure. Both standard definition and future high definition channels on Irish DTT will use these standards.
UK Freeview uses MPEG-2 over DVB-T for its standard definition channels and MPEG-4 over DVB-T2 for its high definition channels.
A standard definition UK Freeview STB or iDTV (mpeg2 / dvb-t) will not work with Irish DTT.
A high definition UK Freeview STB or iDTV (mpeg4 / dvb-t2) will work with Irish DTT, as DVB-T2 is backward compatible with DVB-T.

So I think the combo C/T tuner should work

You are right i go Saorsat and Saorview service mixed up sorry :(

Rob van der Does
18-12-11, 07:53
Irish will be able to use their Vuplus Hybrid C/T Tuner to get HD content
Are you sure the internal (optional) DVB-C/T tuner that is available for the Ultimo (which is the same tuner as for the UNO) is HD-capable?

bassethound
18-12-11, 11:42
probably best to wait till the box is fully released to the public to find out what the box is fully capable of doing

any thing members say at the moment is purely speculation :D

Not long to wait now and every question will be answered!

Rob van der Does
18-12-11, 13:35
Are you sure the internal (optional) DVB-C/T tuner that is available for the Ultimo (which is the same tuner as for the UNO) is HD-capable?

probably best to wait till the box is fully released to the public to find out what the box is fully capable of doing
any thing members say at the moment is purely speculation :D
Not long to wait now and every question will be answered!
Well, this question might be answered right away, as the DVB-T/C tuner for the Ultimo is the same as the one for the UNO; and that is available for some time already.
Is there really nobody in the UK having a UNO with the DVB-C/T tuner build in?

Sicilian
18-12-11, 14:01
I believe Freeview HD in Ireland is DVB-T (not 100% sure though), in the mainland UK its DVB-T2.

silverfox0786
18-12-11, 15:34

irish DTT is not T2 for HD but MUX using T tuner so it should work for HD

Rob van der Does
18-12-11, 15:54
... in the mainland UK its DVB-T2.
So if there's anybody around in the UK having an UNO with the original DVB-C/T tuner build in: does DVB-T2 work?

Larry-G
18-12-11, 15:56
yes i have the original tuner for the uno but no tv Ariel with which to try it LOL

Rob van der Does
18-12-11, 15:57
yes i have the original tuner for the uno but no tv Ariel with which to try it LOL
So you go outside with the box, stick two fingers high in the air and enlighten us :p

Larry-G
18-12-11, 16:01
So you go outside with the box, stick two fingers high in the air and enlighten us :p

HAHAHAHAHA you crack me up you lad.

silverfox0786
18-12-11, 17:16
So if there's anybody around in the UK having an UNO with the original DVB-C/T tuner build in: does DVB-T2 work?

no it doesnt work i have the original tuner aswell

you only get T not T2

Rob van der Does
18-12-11, 18:03
At last we know the answer, thanks!