PDA

View Full Version : best image for et9000???

P_N
17-12-11, 14:36
hello
which is the best ?
for best picture (sd- hd ) - web - cccam - efficiency
thx

easy
17-12-11, 15:42
IMO the Vix 2.3 is a nice cool layout image with the features...Also best to read the Forum Rules too :)

Larry-G
17-12-11, 15:45
if we were talking Vu then i'd say it was a toss up between the ViX image and BH. ViX being my obvious choice and yes i am very biased, with that said on a ET receiver you are a little more limited, yes there are a good few images out there but again i would say ViX.

best way would be for you to download the major images available and give each a go for a day or two, then make your mind up as to which your prefer.

Cucosat
17-12-11, 16:03
ViX hands down, if you want stability (which some would say equals efficiency in many respects). The long release schedule is worth a more stable image in my opinion, we can all get a bit impatient here but I think most of us know that it's worth it in the end. There are a number of other benefits as well, such as the integrated full image backup, that saves the day every time you mess around with the box. I also like the default keymappings of ViX compared to, say the CT support image. Layout/design is not really a big issue for me, there are alternative skins for all the images anyway.

I haven't noticed much difference between the images in terms of picture quality, that really comes down to the drivers installed on the box.

Stanman
17-12-11, 16:16
I am obviously slanted in my view but VIX by a country mile. Do as Pheonix says download and try the different images and use one that your comfortable with but without a shadow of doubt, I think you will decide on VIX.

What I would do in your position is download and install vix and make a back up and than try the rest. When you come back to VIX you only have to reflash your backup image.

kunmun23
18-12-11, 11:36
ViX2.3 ....very user-friendly....very stable....almost all features u can think of....excellent support !!

Alias1
18-12-11, 12:09
No image is perfect they all have pros and cons and trust me I have tried most of them.
As the guys already said try as many as you see fit and find one for you where the pros of the image outweigh the cons of said image.

balosh
07-04-14, 18:50
OpenHDF Teamimages und Nightly Images are the best images having lots of options.