PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to second stage 84

Comfysofa
17-12-11, 13:07
Can anyone help.....

Just getting my new/second hand 800 up and running.....im trying to upgrade the second stage from 82 to 84

ive found a .nfi and a .ipk file - both i can flash, successfully but neither seems to update the second stage -when it boots it still says 82. From what i can see lots of new images need 84 to be installed, which begs another question - what is the second stage? is it a software flash or a firmware flash that once on is always there no matter what image you flash - the other and main reason for this is that the new version of barry allen needs 84 to be installed. As ive been posting like a champ this week with other problems (motors, barry allen etc etc) i distinctly remember seeing 84 at boot 10 or 20 flashes ago so is it a software only thing that an image flash overwrites...?

Look forward to any light that can be shed on this one.....

thanks

basilyoung
17-12-11, 13:14
http://dreamboxupdate.com/

you need to front end update your unit,

Comfysofa
17-12-11, 14:08
ok - well, since ive posted ive got my stock (firmware based image to 84) but am i right in thinking that this is a software update to the image only?? ie if i reflash the same image that was originally on there it will revert back to 82??

basilyoung
17-12-11, 14:26
yes it would go back to 82

Comfysofa
18-12-11, 08:07
So, next question - would groups automatically start to build images with second stage 84 built in or would you have to keep reflashing the second stage, as ive seen images which say "second stage 84 required" why not just build it in anyway?? - i not asking the question from a lazy point of view - more for my own knowledge, why thing are done the way they are....aaaannnndddddd. Next question.

If im using Barry allen (which i am) do i have to apply the second stage to every image or does it run from the flash image???

Thanks for your answers to my questions as well by the way. Very helpful....i know ill have more... :)

Alias1
18-12-11, 09:44
The image has the second stage built into it.
You only have to be careful of this if you have a clone box :)

Comfysofa
18-12-11, 11:43
Ah - thats a reason not to buy a clone box - i did toy with it but decided against it. Hey, i know i really should open another post but this is one thing that ive never found the answer to.....as i said im using barry allen if i chuck another image on - to save doing another scan of sats - whats the file i need to copy from one image to another to save doing that....?

Larry-G
20-12-11, 16:48
Make a backup of the bouquet on the existing image and transfer that to each image you use in Barry Allen using DBE.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

pooface
20-12-11, 16:58
Make a backup of the bouquet on the existing image and transfer that to each image you use in Barry Allen using DBE.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Actually, I remember (unless my mind has gotten so bad), that ages ago, when I used to have a dm800 using barry allen, you could use the channel settings from the main flash image on all other images. Or did I dream that?! :confused:

Larry-G
20-12-11, 17:04
Actually, I remember (unless my mind has gotten so bad), that ages ago, when I used to have a dm800 using barry allen, you could use the channel settings from the main flash image on all other images. Or did I dream that?! :confused:

You did have that option on the E1 boot managers but I've never used Barry Allen on a E2 system so I'm not really sure.

Alias1
20-12-11, 23:12
You did have that option on the E1 boot managers but I've never used Barry Allen on a E2 system so I'm not really sure.
Never used barry allen but with meoboot you could :)