PDA

View Full Version : Height adjustable LNB holder available for the Triax multiblock?

banie01
16-12-11, 13:07
Hiya Folks
I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is a height adjustable LNB holder available for the Triax multiblock?
I've googled but with no joy

In the course of my tweaking and playing with my setup, I've found that if I tilt the bar to gain on say 23.5'e it has the effect of causing drop off in signal strength on 9'e and vice versa.

What I'd like is an LNB holder that fits on the bar alá the triax holder but has a capability to be raised/lowered via a screw mech or similar to allow me to dial in the ideal height for max signal across all the LNBs...

Does such a holder exist? Or do I need to go try make one?

silverfox0786
16-12-11, 13:47
i would get a inverto multiconnect sytem that has capabilities to have its hight adjusted

and it fits all known dishes as it used the standard lnb holer

banie01
16-12-11, 14:49
i would get a inverto multiconnect sytem that has capabilities to have its hight adjusted

and it fits all known dishes as it used the standard lnb holer

I've experience with Inverto Multiconnect LNB and quite frankly in my experience its POS in any kind of rain :(
I used to have a multiconnect LNB squeezed in for 16e at prime focus between 13' and 19.2 on my TD88 and even when the new sat went live in Oct I could never get above 45%SNR and 50%AGC consistently unless I had blue clear skies and as soon as it got any bit wet...
Which it does quite a bit in Ireland, I lost all signal :(

I swapped it out for an Inverto Black Ultra and once I modded the holder to get it too fit ;)(Gotta love epoxy resin! LOL)
I know pull in tring and digitalb at SNRs above 70% and AGC always above 70% I watched the Liverpool game on Tring last Saturday with perfect reception during a torrential downpour that past experience with a multiconnect LNB would have left me with a blank screen ;)

Don't get me wrong, for a dryish climate and strong sats and a location other than Ireland ;)
The multiconnect Bracket is a great bit of kit, especially with the level of adjustment available....
But after using one of the LNBs for a while in Ireland, once the novelty of getting spacings right for 3 degrees wore off ;) and I tried a few more mods.....
Totally not suitable for my location. :(

EDIT: Although a multiconnect bracket with inverto ultra lnbs :D would be ideal!!!! LOL

banie01
17-12-11, 00:35
I did a bit more digging on Ebay and found these
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200661710880, So I bought a couple an I'm gonna try mod these up to fit on my bar.
While I'm waiting for those to be delivered I'm gonna get out my dremel and epoxy and I'm thinking if I take a standard LNB holder for a Triax multiblock/flexiblock cut the portion that fits on the bar, from the portion that holds the LNB.
That then by mounting a bolt on each part embedded in epoxy and then attaching the seperate halves via a threaded bar, that i should end up with what I'm after ;)
i.e a height adjustable individually moveable on the multiblock lnb holder.
I'll post an update when I get it done.
Thanks for the input sofar Silver :)