PDA

View Full Version : Tuner A/B setup

serge
23-07-10, 09:36
Hello

I have a fixed dish on Tuner A
I want to put a Motorised dish on Tuner B but with another fixed dish switched by Diseqc
Obviously Tuner B should be Advanced All sats but how do i assign the Diseqc switch as input 1 for the fixed
dish at 28E and all the other satellites on the switch as input 2?

Thanks

:confused:

SLOTH
23-07-10, 09:40
Hi mate
surely it would be easier to have both fixed dishs , on the diseqc switched tuner say B and have the motorised on A ?
far less comolicated to set up !
Sloth

serge
23-07-10, 09:47
Yes but both fixed dishes are at 28E, i cannot see this bird with the motorised dish due to trees but need it also on B for recording?

SLOTH
23-07-10, 09:48
ok but why do you need 2 dishes pointing at it ?

dfdream
23-07-10, 09:50
Sloth,

You are right but users generally ask for this when they want their primary sat on its own on tuner A say, so its always available for recording and all the secondary stuff on tuner B. Having the 2 fixed dishes on the same tuner will mean that both wont be available at the same time.

Serge, ideally you need a third tuner as mixing fixed dish and motor on the same tuner shouldnt work. Its using 2 different disecqs on the same tuner (switching and motorised) which I dont think can be done.

With the DTT Usb dongles now working on some images maybe compatibility of Sat USB version might not be too far off.

SLOTH
23-07-10, 09:56
Hi mate
yeh i see what your saying ... was not fully awake yet and was thinking why not just use a twin output LNB ...but then as you rightly pointed out you still need another input !
sloth

serge
23-07-10, 10:00
Works on the spiderbox but thats life I guess

SLOTH
23-07-10, 10:08
Serge
have a browse of the forum , i,m sure someone else was looking to do this and may have sorted it , i think you can do it by altering 28e on your all sats selected motorised side if you get what i mean .
Sloth