PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Channel Selection - Added NEXT event name and description (see screenshot).

Alias1
15-12-11, 09:34
Detailed decription not working for me on either VIX day or VIX night skins

Larry-G
15-12-11, 09:47
working fine here.

although this is with the Duo.

Rob van der Does
15-12-11, 10:46
Well, your screenie shows it does work!
Of course the amount of available info can differ between times and channels.

punisher
15-12-11, 10:48
Working fine on et9k here too

Alias1
15-12-11, 13:52
Well, your screenie shows it does work!
Of course the amount of available info can differ between times and channels.
Well I get the same result on all channels and I know for a fact that if I use the Pli HD skin it will show me all the detail :)
@pheonix I was expecting the same level of detail as you.

andyblac
15-12-11, 15:22
Well I get the same result on all channels and I know for a fact that if I use the Pli HD skin it will show me all the detail :)
@pheonix I was expecting the same level of detail as you.

thats is NOT channel list that is 2nd info bar the 2 are different. as Rob says the details that is available differs for channel to channel.

andyblac
15-12-11, 15:25

looks like the epg data is not populated correctly. even the current channel is missing data.

Alias1
15-12-11, 22:07
looks like the epg data is not populated correctly. even the current channel is missing data.
Be nice if it was that easy

Alias1
16-12-11, 11:57
Well I have fixed 90% of it by playing with the skin.xml.
Just got to work on the format now

Alias1
16-12-11, 12:55
Changing lines 755 and 762 to extended description gives me what is in the picture still not right but getting there :)

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 13:02
Extended description is an old command; it has been superseded by fulldescription; that combines the output of short and extended description.
So there's nothing to gain by using a command that will only output part of the info (if it is available at all).

andyblac
16-12-11, 13:20
Changing lines 755 and 762 to extended description gives me what is in the picture still not right but getting there :)

thats is JUST duplicating the NOW description. you can NOT fix your issue by edit SKIN. as i have said the next infer is VERRY LIMITED, only available on certain channel i am looking at tweaking the code, try to help with foreign channels.

EDIT:

please revert your skin file and try this new file unzip it and replace file in '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/EventName.pyo'

Alias1
16-12-11, 20:45
thats is JUST duplicating the NOW description. you can NOT fix your issue by edit SKIN. as i have said the next infer is VERRY LIMITED, only available on certain channel i am looking at tweaking the code, try to help with foreign channels.

EDIT:

please revert your skin file and try this new file unzip it and replace file in '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/EventName.pyo'
If you are going to pass me a file can you please make sure its the py file not the pyo file.
Your solution results in what I have in my first post.
I never said it was working 100% but a work in progress

andyblac
17-12-11, 02:15
If you are going to pass me a file can you please make sure its the py file not the pyo file.
Your solution results in what I have in my first post.
I never said it was working 100% but a work in progress

firstly get over your self i am trying to help you, if you carry on with with the attitude i will not, secondly the reason why i gave you the pyo and not a py is because if you left the py file the the folder any update i push to feeds and you updated from would be overwritten by the py still in your folder.

so stop with the attitude and i keep saying you CAN NOT do anything in skin.xml to change the NEXT description in CHANNEL SELECTION screen. the data available is limited to that screen.

here is another pyo with some debug info, please add it and turn on DebugLogs restart GUI and go to channelslection screen then post the log file in '/home/root'

Alias1
17-12-11, 04:23
firstly get over your self i am trying to help you, if you carry on with with the attitude i will not, secondly the reason why i gave you the pyo and not a py is because if you left the py file the the folder any update i push to feeds and you updated from would be overwritten by the py still in your folder.

so stop with the attitude and i keep saying you CAN NOT do anything in skin.xml to change the NEXT description in CHANNEL SELECTION screen. the data available is limited to that screen.

here is another pyo with some debug info, please add it and turn on DebugLogs restart GUI and go to channelslection screen then post the log file in '/home/root'
Sorry man I did say please and after looking at it I can see why you passed the pyo file only.
With the first file you posted for me I now get this (after renaming the py file to py1).
Which looks good :)
I will now play with the second pyo file you sent me.

Alias1
17-12-11, 04:42
Here ya go mate

andyblac
17-12-11, 11:50
Here ya go mate

good to it is now working for you, i will keep an eye on it.