PDA

View Full Version : Help with SatAngels Download

dennell
23-07-10, 08:22
I downloaded SatAngels, the image I am using is Dream Elite on VU+DUO. I have put the file into var/tmp via dreamebox control center FTP. I cannot get the file to install onto the box. I think I am missing something, I been trying for 3 days. I am new to linux boxes so all help would be appreciated:mad:

SLOTH
23-07-10, 09:22
Hi mate
have you tried downloading using the image ,rather than downloading it to comp an then FTP,ing it , i think dream elite supports that feature
cheers
sloth

dennell
23-07-10, 09:55
Hi
I have looked in the available downloads, and don't see it. were is it? I will have another look. I have only just downloaded this image, I was using PLI image, but think Dream elite image is better. Thanks for your answer.

SLOTH
23-07-10, 10:01
Hi mate
i cant be 100% sure because i,ve used a few images while eventully settling on PLI . just booting my box up to see if its in there ..but i have definatly seen it on a popular image , ... but it is available as a server download ...i,m sure some one will post which one !
sorry cant be more help :confused:
Sloth

maybe try plug ins

micscave
23-07-10, 10:03
Hey dennell
Have a read of this thread mate : http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?924-satangel-on-black-hole-133&highlight=SATANGEL
Pay particular attention to post 14. Also just FTP the renamed file to /tmp
Using this method you can do away with the telnet bit too.

Hope this helps

dennell
23-07-10, 12:43
Thanks micscave I used information about post 14 and worked great. Thanks to all how contributed to this question.