PDA

View Full Version : Bootlogo's

Tryharder
14-12-11, 16:44
Please could someone explain how to change the bootlogo on my ET9000 i have downloaded a bootlogo but don't know how to upload it to the Clark-tech

Thanks in advance..

Rgds.Tryharder

silverfox0786
14-12-11, 16:53
read post 1

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10630-Silverfox0786-VIX-Bootlogos-All-VIX-Receivers

Tryharder
14-12-11, 17:14
Thanks for the reply Silverfox..I had read the post previously but I am a simple man and require leading by the nose:D Do i use DCC to upload it to the receiver and if so...How?

I apologise if the answer is obvious but if there is a way of doing it and it is posted in simple terms and if indeed other files are loaded in the same manner people can read and learn as I am trying to do...Thanks once again for taking the time to reply it is appreciated.

rgds.Tryharder

silverfox0786
14-12-11, 17:57
youi can use DCC or you can use Filezilla

loginto box ip either way above

and navagate to the folders mentioned bellow

usr/share/
usr/share/enigma2

within usr/share you add bootlogo.mvi,backdrop.mvi,bootlogo_wait.mvi and switchoff.mvi

within usr/share/enigma2 you add radio.mvi

and thats it

when you restart you will see new logos

:)

Tryharder
14-12-11, 19:52
Excellent HOW TO Silverfox thankyou................I used DCC exactly as you said.......right clicked and clicked on EDIT.... a small box zipped open and closed.....showing a window with a load of hyroglyphics so i clicked save and exit after each EDIT....rebooted the box anddddddddddd...........yep.....still got the Vix background which says.....OPENVIX....EXTREND....ET-9000...loading

I wasn't sure how to load it using filezilla so i gave up......

Sorry to be a pain mate....but i must have done something wrong and iv'e done it about 6 times just to be sure .......what do you reckon?

Thanks.......

rgds.Tryharder

silverfox0786
14-12-11, 20:00
not sure What u did there

all you need to do is in dcc go to ftp tab

navigate to the folder in receiver

then from pc side on left of ftp open up the bootlogo folder to show you all mvi files

then one by one send them accross by clicking the arrow

and they will transfer accross

Tryharder
14-12-11, 21:42
Yessssssssssssssssss:) It's took me 3hrs and about fifty goes but i have managed thanks to your explanation. Thanks a lot.......Is this method used to write other files to the box????
Just so I get to understand how to navigate around the box and get the best use out of it........Thanks again for giving me the time mate..

Best regards. Tryharder

Larry-G
14-12-11, 21:46
yes thats pretty much how you navigate around the box's internal file structure, although i would recommend that you should really move to a dedicated FTP program to do this kind of thing.

silverfox0786
14-12-11, 22:39
as pheonix states use something like filezilla WINCP or FlashFXP its far better than DCC