PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo Price.????

Mr. Mister
14-12-11, 15:11
Hi all..

I just saw the thread by our sponsor that the New Long Awaited Vu+ Ultimo is coming in early January..

I followed the link to the sponsors site.. CLICK HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Ultimo-Triple-Tuner-HD-PVR-DVB-S2-DVB-T-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receiver)..

I nearly fall off my seat when i saw the price..

A whopping : Price: £579.00

I was really looking forward to getting one of these.. But with a price tag like that.. Im really thinking twice about it..

I was gonna start replacing all my 5 duo`s.. But thats defo out the window with a price tag like that..

If you look at it this way.. You could almost get 2 Vu+ Duo`s for that..

I guess what im asking is.. Is Vu+ starting to put the arm in price wise.. as im sure they are now out selling DMM..

PS.. Im not having a moan about the price.. Fair play to all concerned if they can sell them at that price.. and i understand that the distrubutors have bills to pay.. But its just a little OTT as far as i see it..

just my 2 cents

silverfox0786
14-12-11, 15:15
the price isnt the sponsor its what is set and every retailer that manages to get some in will be selling at this price

yes its expensive but looking at it its pretty much like have 2 duos in one and plus they do come with 2 tuners and you can buy another at a nice low price

:)

i can almost put money on it that a fully suped up ultimo will still be cheaper at the sponsor

Mr. Mister
14-12-11, 15:26
Hi Silv..

I know how these things work.. I defo was NOT having a go at the sponsor.. NO WAY.. !!!

The price for this Ultimo was layed out by Vu+ themselves..

I cant see where the extra money is in them.. Exactly the same processor.. ?? I mean its still the 400Mhz.. ?? Same as the Duo..

So Vu+ just add another 40% to the price of a duo just for another available tuner.. ????

Again.. IMHO.. It dont look that much prettier than a duo..

So.. Stupid question here.. What will the Ultimo do that the Duo wont do.. ??

( Apart from the tuners )

im sure im not the only one asking myself these questions..

silverfox0786
14-12-11, 15:48
oh dont get me wrong mr mister i know you wasnt having a go at sponsor but i thought i would try but fail to explain why so expensive lol

hey its a new product and thats why its so high after all hehe ;)

Donnie
14-12-11, 16:01
7020hd is £549 so I know which I would go for.

Rob van der Does
14-12-11, 16:06
7020hd is £549 so I know which I would go for.
Indeed. And you have seen how low on memory the 7020 is :D

Mr. Mister
14-12-11, 16:53

???????????????????????????

Stanman
14-12-11, 23:20
Hi Silv..

I know how these things work.. I defo was NOT having a go at the sponsor.. NO WAY.. !!!

The price for this Ultimo was layed out by Vu+ themselves..

I cant see where the extra money is in them.. Exactly the same processor.. ?? I mean its still the 400Mhz.. ?? Same as the Duo..

So Vu+ just add another 40% to the price of a duo just for another available tuner.. ????

Again.. IMHO.. It dont look that much prettier than a duo..

im sure im not the only one asking myself these questions..

In time the Ultimate will be able to run XBMC. I suppose the saving grace is the extra tuner is £29 and £79.

tomthebomb1968
15-12-11, 01:05
I read that the Ultimo wont be running XBMC as the cpu just wont be upto it and another line up of receivers with x86 chips is on the horizon.
I cant remember where the info came from though :) but Ill post it if I can find it. May have been on here.

Larry-G
15-12-11, 01:13
I read that the Ultimo wont be running XBMC as the cpu just wont be upto it and another line up of receivers with x86 chips is on the horizon.
I cant remember where the info came from though :) but Ill post it if I can find it. May have been on here.

yes i remember the post. that was pure speculation by a member of the forum, only time will tell.

tomthebomb1968
15-12-11, 01:34
Had this somewhere on my hard drive

Larry-G
15-12-11, 01:36
yeah thats the official press release by Vu earlier this year.

silverfox0786
15-12-11, 01:44
i dunno but i reckon its all possible to get it running on there

after all it was made for the original XBOX and that was 750Mhz and ran fine so its very possible to get it going on a vu ultimo

tomthebomb1968
15-12-11, 02:07
i dunno but i reckon its all possible to get it running on there

after all it was made for the original XBOX and that was 750Mhz and ran fine so its very possible to get it going on a vu ultimoYeah my mate has it running on his Apple Tv, whats in them?

Larry-G
15-12-11, 02:17
Yeah my mate has it running on his Apple Tv, whats in them?

first generation
1 GHz Intel "Crofton" Pentium M[68]

second generation
Apple A4 (ARM Cortex-A8)

silverfox0786
15-12-11, 02:40
ive got it running on my xbox, apple tv 2, and PC and fot it to be on sat boxes would be great

silverfox0786
15-12-11, 02:43
Apple TV2 and all apple A4 processor devices spec

Produced From March 2010 to Present
Designed by Apple
Common manufacturer(s) Samsung Electronics

Max. CPU clock rate 1 GHz
Min. feature size 45 nm
Instruction set ARM v7
Cores 1
L1 cache 32 kB Instruction + 32 kB Data
L2 cache 512 kB[1]

New A5

Produced March 2011
Designed by Apple
Common manufacturer(s) Samsung Electronics

Max. CPU clock rate 800 MHz to 1 GHz
Min. feature size 45 nm
Instruction set ARM v7
Cores 2
L1 cache 32 kB instruction + 32 kB data
L2 cache 1 MB

Mr. Mister
15-12-11, 02:51
So guys..

Basically what you guys are saying is Vu+ left space in the Ultimo for another tuner.. Then its gonna cost either £29 or £79 to have the tuner fitted..

Great way to make cash.. Especially in the economic times we are in at the moment..

A real good lesson for me here with my own business..

The next time im going to revamp my own product.. Ill just smack another 60% onto the price.. with minimal changes..

As much as i love my Duo`s.. I think Vu+ are ripping us off with the Ultimo.. and just making themselves look like DMM..

I wont be buying one.. Not at that money..

Just my 2 cents again guys..

Rob van der Does
15-12-11, 06:59
yes i remember the post. that was pure speculation by a member of the forum, only time will tell.
For the moment we can only repeat what VU+ themselves have stated (see attachment).

Rob van der Does
15-12-11, 07:06
As much as i love my Duo`s.. I think Vu+ are ripping us off with the Ultimo.. and just making themselves look like DMM...
Well then, compare the price of the Ultimo with the price of a 4-tuner DM. Or even with a twintuner........

Alanp
15-12-11, 08:24
Would like to see it go sub £500 to be intrested

paul362
15-12-11, 09:09
I must agree with the current climate in europe and with the money problems here @home I for one could not afford to buy the ultimo even if I wanted to !!:confused:

Stanman
15-12-11, 11:16
I agree in the current climate its an expensive toy. I wont be buying one as like many money is very tight and cant really justify the cost but those who like the latest toys well do.

Donnie
15-12-11, 11:29
I have now seen it advertised for £529 :eek:

Mr. Mister
15-12-11, 11:30
Well.. Im in a fortunate enough position that i can afford it.. and i love my toys as much as the next guy..

But.. I still wont be buying one..

easy
15-12-11, 11:42
I have now seen it advertised for £529 :eek:

Is that the price for the two tuner or three installed?

Donnie
15-12-11, 11:53
Is that the price for the two tuner or three installed?

With 2 tuners.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
15-12-11, 12:00
Guys, we're happy to say there has been a price adjustment for the UK market. The retail price has now been set at £529 complete with 2x DVB-S2 tuners.

bassethound
15-12-11, 12:25
Great news from the sponsor will only loose one testy now when the wife reads the credit card statement :eek:

Stanman
15-12-11, 16:05
Vu have listended to Mr Mister:D

pooface
15-12-11, 16:29

But not to AlanP. Still not below £500, hehe

Sent with Tapatalk

Larry-G
15-12-11, 16:29
Fantastic news. And that's some thing you would never see from DMM

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Mr. Mister
15-12-11, 17:30

The power of the Irish.. lmao

now ye can all send me a tenner each for getting 50 quid of ye new Ultimo`s

just paypal it to : me at paypal dot com ... lmao

Alanp
15-12-11, 19:19
All we need now is a the excellent VIX Image for it lol

Rob van der Does
15-12-11, 19:23
All we need now is a the excellent VIX Image for it lol
No worries: it will be released the very same day as the Ultimo.

Cucosat
15-12-11, 19:41
Wait, is that an actual release date for a VIX image?! :D

killz187
15-12-11, 19:42
The price in other EU countries is € 539.00 about £457.00 thats with 2x DVB-S2 tuners,so why is the Uk price more than other EU countries?At £460.00 i would have bought one.:(

Blu-ray
15-12-11, 19:53
Confused.Confused. Have been waiting to purchase a Ultimo for some time now.the price of them in the UK by are sponsor is £529 with 2 DVB-S2 tuners please correct me if i am wrong. The price of Ultimo from Ireland is £452.30 with 2 DVB-S2 tuners plus P&P how come such a price difference between the UK & Ireland.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

killz187
15-12-11, 20:01
The Euro against the pound is falling fast with problems in the Eurozone. I would wait a while for an even more favourable exchange rate and buy directly from the Eurozone, depends if they is still the Euro currency by mid Feb;)I would have love to buy from the Sponsor .

judge
15-12-11, 20:35
Confused.Confused. Have been waiting to purchase a Ultimo for some time now.the price of them in the UK by are sponsor is £529 with 2 DVB-S2 tuners please correct me if i am wrong. The price of Ultimo from Ireland is £452.30 with 2 DVB-S2 tuners plus P&P how come such a price difference between the UK & Ireland.

Hi Blu-ray,
where in Ireland are you seeing them at this price?

Blu-ray
15-12-11, 20:38
Google Ultimo price second page.

Stanman
15-12-11, 20:50
By buying from Europe you will have the hassle of arranging returns if needed in a foreign language and postage as well, very likely a seller that you may know little about and no feedback on CS.

Where as WOS you know you will get top notch CS and help that is only a phone call PM or email away.

easy
15-12-11, 21:02
Will this Ultimo have 1 fixed tuner and 2 x pluggable tuners or can the three tuners be pluggable?

pooface
15-12-11, 21:06
Will this Ultimo have 1 fixed tuner and 2 x pluggable tuners or can the three tuners be pluggable?

As far as I'm aware, all 3 will be pluggable... (just don't take it from me as gospel :p)

punisher
15-12-11, 21:07
Yeh its 3 pluggable tuners and options to add usb tuners too

Sicilian
15-12-11, 21:09
Guys, remember RULE 4 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2)

Another thing to consider guys, buying from overseas will cost you in the event you need any warranty support. For the saving involved I really dont see the point. Another thing to consider if you need warranty support most European retailers will charge you for the return of your receiver.

silverfox0786
15-12-11, 21:18
just to clarify it 1 fixed non removable tuner and 2 removable tuners

pooface
15-12-11, 21:20

Need to get the sponsor (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU-Ultimo-Triple-Tuner-HD-PVR-DVB-S2-DVB-T-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receiver) to update his website if that's true then :p

• 3 x Pluggable Tuner Slots (DVB-S2/C/T)

Blu-ray
15-12-11, 21:20
I don't class Ireland as speaking a foreign language *******.com has been in the satellite industry for 20 years with before and after purchase support with there own forum. I have seen members squabling over a few quid buying and selling items so i can't see them buying in the UK when they can purchase the same for £87 less from Ireland.

Sicilian
15-12-11, 21:25
I don't class Ireland as speaking a foreign language *******.com has been in the satellite industry for 20 years with before and after purchase support with there own forum. I have seen members squabling over a few quid buying and selling items so i can't see them buying in the UK when they can purchase the same for £87 less from Ireland.

Who you mention doesn't even allow you place an order on their website, so what makes think they have allocated stock?

easy
15-12-11, 21:27
Thanks,I've seen two photos of the backs of this unit.One unit has a fixed tuner and the other pic shows that three tuners can be pluggable.

Sicilian
15-12-11, 21:27

They are 3x plug & play tuners.

pooface
15-12-11, 21:29
Who you mention doesn't even allow you place an order on their website, so what makes think they have allocated stock?

Especially when you consider that they have vu duos at €130 cheaper... Doesn't make sense they would sell a top of the range, more expensive everywhere else, much cheaper than everywhere else, when the duo is more expensive there than most other places?!

easy
15-12-11, 21:30
They are 3x plug & play tuners.

Thanks for clarifying,you put my mind at ease :thumbsup:

pooface
15-12-11, 21:31
Thanks,I've seen two photos of the backs of this unit.One unit has a fixed tuner and the other pic shows that three tuners can be pluggable.

Pic one looks like the original vu launch pictures ... They were taken a while back, so imagine they changed their minds on how they were gonna implement?!

Rob van der Does
15-12-11, 21:32
Nope, the Ultimo has three slots for plugable tuners, so all combinations from 3 X DVB-S2 to 3 X DVB-C/T are possible. Plus of course the option for a single DVB-SS/S2/C/T USB-tuner (remember Enigma allows for a maximum of 4 tuners).

Sicilian
15-12-11, 21:33
Especially when you consider that they have vu duos at €130 cheaper... Doesn't make sense they would sell a top of the range, more expensive everywhere else, much cheaper than everywhere else, when the duo is more expensive there than most other places?!

Yes just noticed too, their Duos are £357GBP! WOS is £319 with free shipping :roflmao: Better tell WOS they're too cheap :p

Blu-ray
15-12-11, 21:35

I think you will find if you are unable to order through there cart system for any reason you can email or phone your order.

Sicilian
15-12-11, 21:37
I think you will find if you are unable to order through there cart system for any reason you can email or phone your order.

Taken from their website OUT OF STOCK

Sponsor has allocated stock ;)

pooface
15-12-11, 21:37

At which point, they will likely tell you that they have changed their prices!? By all means do try, and let us know the result. But I honestly don't think they will put them out at that price!

Sicilian
15-12-11, 21:44

In all honesty I would never buy from that website, they've got no proper terms and conditions, no proper contact details, pretty sure 086 numbers are somekind of free voip numbers, no address.....good luck :fart2:

Blu-ray
15-12-11, 21:47
At which point, they will likely tell you that they have changed their prices!? By all means do try, and let us know the result. But I honestly don't think they will put them out at that price!

If they are selling VU+DUO with 1 tb hdd fitted for £335 can't see why they can't sell the Ultimo for some £452.30 when stocks are available.

silverfox0786
15-12-11, 21:48
better call WOS let him know he is selling his stock too cheap LMAO

i not one to mess about i got mine preordered from WOS so i got my release day unit :)

whats the point complaining about it if you want one make yr order with the sponsor

if you dont then no probs just dont go on about it

WOS does not allocate prices they are fixed by manufacturer

Mr. Mister
15-12-11, 21:49
In all honesty I would never buy from that website, they've got no proper terms and conditions, no proper contact details, pretty sure 086 numbers are somekind of free voip numbers, no address.....good luck :fart2:

Sorry Sic..

086 is a proper area dialing code in Rep of Ireland..

I think its Co. Galway.. just not 100% sure.. but its defo an Irish code..

easy
15-12-11, 21:50
Guys,at the end of the day buy it from who you are happy with and enjoy this box:)

judge
15-12-11, 21:51

086 numbers in Ireland are mobile phone numbers.

Sicilian
15-12-11, 21:51
If they are selling VU+DUO with 1 tb hdd fitted for £335 can't see why they can't sell the Ultimo for some £452.30 when stocks are available.

Go order a Duo at that price with a 1TB HDD fitted and lets see if they actually deliver it. 1TB HDD cost's on average £100! In the mean time please stop trying to promote other retailers here.

Sicilian
15-12-11, 21:52
086 numbers in Ireland are mobile phone numbers.

Ok, so no landline to speak of then :)

Sicilian
15-12-11, 21:53
Guys,at the end of the day buy it from who you are happy with and enjoy this box:)

Well said that man :zoom:

Mr. Mister
15-12-11, 21:54
Sorry Sic.. I just doubled checked that..

086 is the 02 Ireland mobile phone code.. Just like 07 is the UK..

086 (also 087, 085 or 083) - O2

Quote taken from oracleireland

Larry-G
15-12-11, 22:09
look guys as pointed out the sponsor does not set the prices, these are set by the manufacturers. if you want to buy from WoS you will get the excellent after sales care we know he provides, if you want to buy else where then by all means do so but stop complaining about something that is out of the sponsors hands.

killz187
15-12-11, 23:08
look guys as pointed out the sponsor does not set the prices, these are set by the manufacturers. if you want to buy from WoS you will get the excellent after sales care we know he provides, if you want to buy else where then by all means do so but stop complaining about something that is out of the sponsors hands.

Having read the thread no one is complaining about the sponsor has you said its beyond his hands,we are discussing about the price since a lot of people did not think it would cost that much,plus it seems it cost more in the uk that in other Eu states thats rip of Britain for you.If we all keep quite Vuplus might end up in the route of Dream multimedia and end up with people buying clones etc.Its nice to discuss these things mybe some at the company might come across some of these forums. I thought that's what forums are for to discuss things and share information.Thats just my thought anyway. ,

Sicilian
15-12-11, 23:12
In all honesty I've seen one retailer supposedly selling cheap. I've looked around reputable European retailers and they on average work out at approx £508GBP, so really don't see that the uk price is that high.

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 06:54
WOS does not allocate prices they are fixed by manufacturer
I can't believe that, as that would be against EU-regulations. Manufacturers are only allowed to advise retailers about the retail price, not to set a mandatory price.

But in all honesty: being from the continent myself I often compare UK versus mainland prices, and you guys always seem to pay more for almost all products then we do.

But then again: being betatester for VU+ and thus having had hands on the box for some time now, I can assure you that this machine is worth buying........! There's no box that matches this one.
And since it seems to have an excellent clone protection, I wouldn't wait for clones if I were you (if you would even be interested in clones at all).

silverfox0786
16-12-11, 13:04
I can't believe that, as that would be against EU-regulations. Manufacturers are only allowed to advise retailers about the retail price, not to set a mandatory price.

well actually once its the main UK distributor sets the UK price goverened by the manufacturer

so when WOS buys them he is set with a price to sell em at

Sicilian
16-12-11, 13:13
well actually once its the main UK distributor sets the UK price goverened by the manufacturer

so when WOS buys them he is set with a price to sell em at

They are guided, but not set, as that would be illegal ;)

Larry-G
16-12-11, 13:25
what i meant when i said that the prices were set by the manufacturers was that, the manufacturer sells the units to the sponsor for a set price, he then has to resell each unit for a price not lower than this price otherwise he looses money.

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 13:33
...he then has to resell each unit for a price not lower than this price otherwise he looses money.
Well, we wouldn't object against that would we? That would really be a good forumsponsor :D

Anyway: in this market the margins are small and economy is tight for many. So chances are that flagship models will have heavy sailing weather.

Larry-G
16-12-11, 13:35
Well, we wouldn't object against that would we? That would really be a good forumsponsor :D

Anyway: in this market the margins are small and economy is tight for many. So chances are that flagship models will have heavy sailing weather.

dont get me wrong mate, i'm in no way complaining. the ultimo is intended for a different market the same as the DM8000 which retails at almost £1000 it's also now cheaper than the newly launched DM7020HD.

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 13:39
dont get me wrong mate, i'm in no way complaining....
No, I didn't notice you were complaining. And in fact most reactions on the retail price I read were more "surprised" then complaints.
And absolutely: prices are no way on the DM-level :D

Blu-ray
16-12-11, 13:49

But in all honesty: being from the continent myself I often compare UK versus mainland prices, and you guys always seem to pay more for almost all products then we do.

But then again: being betatester for VU+ and thus having had hands on the box for some time now, I can assure you that this machine is worth buying........! There's no box that matches this one.
And since it seems to have an excellent clone protection, I wouldn't wait for clones if I were you (if you would even be interested in clones at all).

As you are a betatester for VU+ and thus having your hands on the box for some time now,hand on hart could you pick out a VU+Ultimo alongside half a dozen VU+DUO boxs by just looking at the picture quality and using the remote.What makes this box worth buying and why no other box can match this one.

pooface
16-12-11, 15:51
As you are a betatester for VU+ and thus having your hands on the box for some time now,hand on hart could you pick out a VU+Ultimo alongside half a dozen VU+DUO boxs by just looking at the picture quality and using the remote.What makes this box worth buying and why no other box can match this one.

I personally haven't seen this box, so can't answer, but if the actual release remotes are like the remotes shown at the press release, then you will certainly be able to tell the difference between the remotes ;)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13318

silverfox0786
16-12-11, 16:04
acording to the WOS listing it looks like these are the remotes that they will ship with

with a keyboard on the back

wonder if there is a harmony with a keybaord too lol

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 16:09
Hehe, you can probably understand that I'm hardly allowed to say a word about the boxes yet.
But indeed: the R/C is as shown above (although I never ever use the original R/C's). And a third (internal) tuner is a big plus for me.
But: what's wrong with the picture quality of the present boxes? I can't see what can be dramatically improved.
As usual: choices will depend on your personal interests and the amount of money you are willing to spend.

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 16:10
wonder if there is a harmony with a keybaord too lol
Wait and see........

silverfox0786
16-12-11, 16:13
Wait and see........

i would love to see one as it would make life easier for using XBMC

at the moment i have had to map keybaord shortcuts to harmony buttons

Ev0
16-12-11, 16:36
Well I REALLY wanted an Ultimo, as I (wrongly) assumed it would be up to date and have a T2 tuner option for freeview HD.

As it doesn't currently have that option availiable I don't feel the need to replace my duo with an ultimo :(

silverfox0786
16-12-11, 16:38
Well I REALLY wanted an Ultimo, as I (wrongly) assumed it would be up to date and have a T2 tuner option for freeview HD.

As it doesn't currently have that option availiable I don't feel the need to replace my duo with an ultimo :(

dont forget that the ultimo is faster all round more mem and more flash

plus all linux settop boxes including the duo allow for upto 4 tuners

so 3 sat and a usb t2 tuner would do you very well

thats what im gonna be doing

Ev0
16-12-11, 16:44
dont forget that the ultimo is faster all round more mem and more flash

plus all linux settop boxes including the duo allow for upto 4 tuners

so 3 sat and a usb t2 tuner would do you very well

thats what im gonna be doing

Yeh but I don't find the duo slow, so not sure how much faster a 400mhz ultimo will be over the 400mhz duo.

Ok the ultimo has the extra ram and flash size, but with a swap file on the duo (which I expect the ultimo will also need) memory isn't really an issue either.

Larry-G
16-12-11, 17:16
Yeh but I don't find the duo slow, so not sure how much faster a 400mhz ultimo will be over the 400mhz duo.

Ok the ultimo has the extra ram and flash size, but with a swap file on the duo (which I expect the ultimo will also need) memory isn't really an issue either.

Well the UNO I have had for at least 8 months has never ever needed a swap file, as it has more than enough ram to cope happily in fact using a swap file on the UNO actually lessens its performance from my personal experience, so I can't see the ultimo ever needing to use one either.

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 17:28
Indeed: under normal circumstances the DUO doesn't need swap, so why would the Ultimo or the UNO need that?
And indeed: adding very slow memory to a computer (which is what you do by using SWAP) will slow down every system remarkably.
TBH: I love the Ultimo, but if you have a twintuner box in good working order, why should you want to replace that? And as said: adding USB tuners is a very good option (and thanks to new kernels getting better and better).
But if I were in the market for a new box, it would definitely be the Ultimo! Filled up with 3 DVB-S2 tuners and a huge internal HDD.

Ev0
16-12-11, 17:38
Well I assmed the Duo needed the swap file, as the few times i've changed image and not used a swap file, within a couple of days it's crashed on me.

When i've activated the swap file, i've not had any issue's (same with my old DM800).

jfk
16-12-11, 17:54
I just want to know if the new ultimo support picture in picture as it is in xtre tech 9000.

Thankss.

Jfk

bassethound
16-12-11, 18:00
Found a new pic of whats in the box

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/030611/2773470PICT1332.JPG

silverfox0786
16-12-11, 18:01
can WOS confirm will the USB dongle be included???

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 18:10
No need for WOS to confirm that: VU+ themselves have stated the dongle to be included, month ago.

jfk
16-12-11, 18:20
Go order a Duo at that price with a 1TB HDD fitted and lets see if they actually deliver it. 1TB HDD cost's on average £100! In the mean time please stop trying to promote other retailers here.

Hi Sic,
To be honest with you, three of my friends have purchased the vu duo from this guy and he personally delivered it to their address here in Dublin. One thing am not sure about is his ability to send the box outside Ireland at the same price.At the end of the day people can buy from anywhere and take responsibility for their own actions.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
16-12-11, 18:54

No need for WOS to confirm that: VU+ themselves have stated the dongle to be included, month ago.

As far as we are aware its not included. So at the moment please assume that the wifi dongle is not included, if it is take it as a bonus, hence we've left it marked as an optional extra in the spec that we have listed.

easy
16-12-11, 19:00
Can WOS confirm that will you price match on the price only in the UK or other retailers in the EU ?

pooface
16-12-11, 19:30
Can WOS confirm that will you price match on the price only in the UK or other retailers in the EU ?

Am sure it says they will try to match UK suppliers. So, yes, said UK, so assume only UK...

Sent with Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 20:31
As far as we are aware its not included. So at the moment please assume that the wifi dongle is not included, if it is take it as a bonus, hence we've left it marked as an optional extra in the spec that we have listed.
See the announcement made by VU+ (attached).

silverfox0786
16-12-11, 20:32
See the announcement made by VU+ (attached).

tbh it doesnt matter what vu announced in the past its what vu supply now

and there has been no mention of it now so as WOS says if its included its a bonus but dont assume

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 20:39
tbh it doesn't matter what vu announced in the paste
LOL hehe, rest assured that that does matter. This has been an official announcement that can't be "forgotten".

silverfox0786
16-12-11, 20:42
LOL hehe, rest assured that that does matter. This has been an official announcement that can't be "forgotten".

in that case as you are a beta tester as you so tell us every chance you get ;)

can you ask alex to confirm it is included and put our minds at rest

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 20:54
As this official announcement apparently is not sufficient for you, I don't see that an e-mail would manage that.

silverfox0786
16-12-11, 21:05
As this official announcement apparently is not sufficient for you, I don't see that an e-mail would manage that.

its not about me mate as far as I'm concerned if its announced then its prob a yes

but after all vu nor yourself is selling one to me its WOS and if WOS says they are not but might be, but you say they are, then i will be believing WOS unless you can get official word to WOS which in turn WOS can say that YES or NO

Till then i will go with what has been said to me by my retailer

world-of-satellite.co.uk
16-12-11, 21:38
We've been in contact with the Official UK distributor who supplies all the UK retailers, they have confirmed to us the WIFI dongle will NOT be included. So I'm afraid this is all the info that we can give about the wifi dongle at this present time.

bassethound
16-12-11, 21:48
Thanks for the info WOS this should stop a full scale riot :sofahide:

silverfox0786
16-12-11, 21:49
lol thatnks WOS least we have some sort of confirmation

although it might be nice of rob to try get vu to give us some dongles too hehe ;)

world-of-satellite.co.uk
16-12-11, 22:16
Further update regards the wifi dongle, we've are now awaiting confirmation from VU+ direct to be 100% sure. This may take a couple of days as its the weekend. Please be patient with us while we try to get this information.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
18-12-11, 13:59
We are very pleased to confirm the the VU+ Ultimo will indeed include the WIFI N dongle :)

Rob van der Does
18-12-11, 14:15
You see? No idea why everybody suddenly began to doubt VU+'s announcement..........

razor1
18-12-11, 14:54
Forgive me but I thought the whole point of the new box was that it will be faster than the current model ie processor upgrade etc...

Also I'm sure the Duo is a twin tuner box in fact I know it is, so apart from a slight cosmetic make over, name change, a whooping difference in price what is the point of this new box? If I was a retailer I wouldn't be stocking it as I don't perceive it to be value for money. I simply wait until they release a better box altogether

Rob van der Does
18-12-11, 15:01
Forgive me but I thought the whole point of the new box was that it will be faster than the current model ie processor upgrade etc........
The Ultimo indeed has a completely different processor.

I simply wait until they release a better box altogether
That is of course completely up to you, but what "better" would/could you expect?

Blu-ray
18-12-11, 15:05
The new VU+XBMC receivers wont be available until september 2012, as VU+ said in Amsterdam the XBMC will be the next generation of satellite receivers so we will just have to wait and see.

razor1
18-12-11, 15:23
Sorry I put my 2 cents in before reading the entire thread remote looks neat although i slider like on phones would have been better. It's still expensive for the average working classes. Unless your employer is willing to dip into his or her profit margin in order that you enjoy life after work rather than merely sevive through it as not many pay above minimum wage, even grads these days are working for peanuts.

I'm not loaded by any means but I could afford it but won't be buying it I think i'll wait for a more powerful box.

silverfox0786
18-12-11, 15:28
well i owe you an appology rob, but you must understand that manufacturers are well with in their right to change terms at the last minute

cheers WOS

Stanman
18-12-11, 19:13
Forgive me but I thought the whole point of the new box was that it will be faster than the current model ie processor upgrade etc...

Also I'm sure the Duo is a twin tuner box in fact I know it is, so apart from a slight cosmetic make over, name change, a whooping difference in price what is the point of this new box? If I was a retailer I wouldn't be stocking it as I don't perceive it to be value for money. I simply wait until they release a better box altogether

An OLED display as well.
Its not the DUO, the processor is different and more of everything.

Ev0
23-12-11, 23:35
Well as I said earlier, I had talked myself out of the ultimo, as I felt it wasn't much of an upgrade for the extra cash over the duo, and decided I would wait for the xmbc range to appear before I would upgrade.

Then I spotted the video showing the oled display off, and found myself selling the duo.

So I guess i'll be ordering an ultimo after all :D

Stanman
24-12-11, 00:19
Well as I said earlier, I had talked myself out of the ultimo, as I felt it wasn't much of an upgrade for the extra cash over the duo, and decided I would wait for the xmbc range to appear before I would upgrade.Then I spotted the video showing the oled display off, and found myself selling the duo.So I guess i'll be ordering an ultimo after all :D

Yes that video does make one drool:):) I can see why you decided to buy it.

75mak
25-07-12, 05:13
i think the price for ultimos should be coming down soon. with the duo2 and the other xbmc receivers due out in the near future, prices are likely to drop and continue dropping lower until the new receivers arrive and set the new price benchmark.

prices have already started dropping on the continent and can be got much cheaper than here in the uk. hopefully the uk sellers can bring prices down to make them at least closer to the german/euro sellers.

Sicilian
25-07-12, 05:30
i think the price for ultimos should be coming down soon. with the duo2 and the other xbmc receivers due out in the near future, prices are likely to drop and continue dropping lower until the new receivers arrive and set the new price benchmark.

prices have already started dropping on the continent and can be got much cheaper than here in the uk. hopefully the uk sellers can bring prices down to make them at least closer to the german/euro sellers.

There has already been a massive price drop approx couple of weeks ago in the UK. Ultimo twin tuner version was £439, now £399 from inc UK delivery. Average price from respected European dealers £390 - £410 EXCLUDING delivery. So UK price is very competitive.