PDA

View Full Version : ET9200 complete faq/guides needed please

mikizmo
14-12-11, 00:35
I'm totally new to this.
Thought i'd bite the bullet and spend a bit extra to get quality gear.

Its going to be my very first box, so i'm completely new to, well pretty much everything.
I used to have an old dbox.. whether that will give me more insight is another question :p

Can members here tell me a bit more about how to configure/best images/channel lists/cams etc?
Any advice/help would be appreciated, thanks.

basilyoung
14-12-11, 00:49
if you bought it from our sponcer, it should have the latest VIXA operating system on it, ( known as "the image" ) there are a few other "images" that are ok as eell, but for now, I think it best to stick with VIX,

have a read throgh the stickies, in the 9000 section

when you say "cams" I take it you mean soft cams? most popular soft cam, is the CCcam, which can read most cards

You are in for a fairly sharp learning curve, dependant on what unit you previously had, but the unit is very likely, far better tan any unit you have experienced

mikizmo
14-12-11, 01:26
yeah I used to have a dbox2, so i'm used to flashing new images etc. just in need of some tutorials to flash and what goes where.
with the cams id be using cccam I guess, and, going in for xxxxxxx I know not too much can be discussed here, but if I know what to load up and 'what to look for' (google is my friend :P) then I think i'll be ok

basilyoung
14-12-11, 01:32
http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

just ftp the ipk file to TEMP on the unit

image transfers are done via usb stick

mikizmo
14-12-11, 01:50
thanks for the info basilyoung

mikizmo
15-12-11, 13:20
what about plugins? are there any that I should definately use?

Sicilian
15-12-11, 14:52
what about plugins? are there any that I should definately use?

I wouldn't rush to start using any plugins until you've found your way round menu and what it does etc... The ViX image comes pre-installed with what most used need (apart from softcams).

Stanman
15-12-11, 16:09
VIX will suit your needs for everything you need.

mikizmo
15-12-11, 18:01
ahh the softcams are most likely what i'm going to need i'm guessing, as are they essential for channel scanning etc.?

Stanman
15-12-11, 19:02
Not essential for channel scanning but to enable your own card to work.

mikizmo
15-12-11, 20:24
ahh great, thanks so then it really will have everything I need :):cool:

mikizmo
19-12-11, 20:41
i'm looking forward to getting me box.. my question is this.
I'm looking to get some sport and movie channels obv. non SLY, as I don't have the box just the dish and wiring.
I have googled around and found some lists for cccam, and, I know the ET does a blind scan, so I guess my question is this:-
Will a blind scan be enough to give me some decent channels?
Also, is it best to load up channel lists etc. from USB?
One more... is there a tool to scan through channel lists/sat positions, to sort the good and the bad, before uploading them to my box?

A lot of questions I know, but i'm just learning :) thanks

Larry-G
19-12-11, 21:06
i'm looking forward to getting me box.. my question is this.
I'm looking to get some sport and movie channels obv. non SLY, as I don't have the box just the dish and wiring.
I have googled around and found some lists for cccam, and, I know the ET does a blind scan, so I guess my question is this:-
Will a blind scan be enough to give me some decent channels?
Also, is it best to load up channel lists etc. from USB?
One more... is there a tool to scan through channel lists/sat positions, to sort the good and the bad, before uploading them to my box?

A lot of questions I know, but i'm just learning :) thanks

Think your getting your self confused, a blindscan will only allow you to tune into and receive channels being broadcast it will not allow you to decrypt those that are encrypted, this is what CCcam is for by using that in conjunction with a card or another method that we can nos discuss here you can decode the channels.

as for channel lists you can make your own using a bouquet manager such as DreamboxEdit or use one of the many hundreds of premade bouquet packs which should save you time putting all those channels into order. and no you dont use a usb stick to load channel lists or bouquets on these receivers you transfer them from your pc using a DBE or a similar bouquet manager.

mikizmo
19-12-11, 23:01
ok thanks, so theoretically if I was to want to use another method not discussed here, i'd be using a free server and setting it up via my local wiressless network?
Also with ccCam whats the best way to configure it with c-lines etc.? I know I need to define which c-lines I want to use for specific channels and this can be a bit of a nightmare. I have heard Oscam is easier to setup?

Stanman
19-12-11, 23:04
ok thanks, so theoretically if I was to want to use another method not discussed here, i'd be using a free server and setting it up via my local wiressless network?
Also with ccCam whats the best way to configure it with c-lines etc.? I know I need to define which c-lines I want to use for specific channels and this can be a bit of a nightmare. I have heard Oscam is easier to setup?

That is beyond the rules and cannot be discussed here.

dejo
20-12-11, 00:47
uuu. I bought et9200 today . i didn't know that this tuner is a new model. which all plugins , and images from et9000 can not be used for the et9200 ? How does it differ from the et9000. how do you think it was a good choice?

mikizmo
20-12-11, 10:18
I have gotten details of an italian free to air server, and as i'm half italian it would be good to catch up with current affairs etc.
Whats the best way of entering this information on the box, and, am I able to transfer it via usb stick? thanks

mikizmo
20-12-11, 17:42
rather than start a new thread as suggested, it seems pointless as i've already started this one asking for help with my ET9200.
I have a sky dish wall mounted outside, with 2 seperate internal wires, I have no idea of direction etc. All I know is when doing an auto scan it's picking up nothing at all, so any suggestions would be great thanks

p.s. I have gotten details of an italian free to air server, and as i'm half italian it would be good to catch up with current affairs etc.
Whats the best way of entering this information on the box, and, am I able to transfer it via usb stick? thanks

Larry-G
20-12-11, 17:56
rather than start a new thread as suggested, it seems pointless as i've already started this one asking for help with my ET9200.
I have a sky dish wall mounted outside, with 2 seperate internal wires, I have no idea of direction etc. All I know is when doing an auto scan it's picking up nothing at all, so any suggestions would be great thanks

p.s. I have gotten details of an italian free to air server, and as i'm half italian it would be good to catch up with current affairs etc.

you need to re-read the site rules, specifically 3a, we can not discuss any thing related to cardsharing servers on this forum, we can and will help you setup your cam to read a card you have but beyond that we can not help.

Sicilian
20-12-11, 18:06
Post your tuner settings for both Tuner A & B and you also need to be sure where your dish is pointing before scanning. For instance if its pointing to 28.2 you will need to set your tuners accordingly then run a manual single satellite scan.

mikizmo
20-12-11, 19:28
Post your tuner settings for both Tuner A & B and you also need to be sure where your dish is pointing before scanning. For instance if its pointing to 28.2 you will need to set your tuners accordingly then run a manual single satellite scan.
ok thanks. How do I go about finding the tuner settings?
Is there any way the et9200 would be able to read/tell me the dish settings?

Stanman
20-12-11, 19:31
I have gotten details of an italian free to air server, and as i'm half italian it would be good to catch up with current affairs etc.

I advised you in another thread about the forum rules and you now go and post this. If you want to carry on enjoying the benefits this forum offers please desist from card sharing talk.

mikizmo
20-12-11, 19:39
I advised you in another thread about the forum rules and you now go and post this. If you want to carry on enjoying the benefits this forum offers please desist from card sharing talk.

i've already noted the post about re-reading the rules. I was NOT talking about card sharing, I was talking about a free to air italian broadcast and how to input the settings.
I am now asking about how I go about finding the tuner settings and if there is any way the et9200 would be able to read/tell me the dish settings? :confused:

Stanman
20-12-11, 19:52
If you read your post you will see the part that raised concerns;)

Which satellite are the FTA Italian broadcasts, as you will need to know that to point your dish at it. If they are FTA than you dont need any other settings as the box will do the rest.

mikizmo
20-12-11, 20:02
well that's the problem, I don't know which way the dish is pointing as it was here from a previous sky installation, so i'm assuming it's a general setting? But I have no way of knowing

Stanman
20-12-11, 20:07
Have a search of the Italian FTA here and it will tell you what sat its on
http://en.kingofsat.net/

As for current one is it fixed SKy dish or motor

Sicilian
20-12-11, 20:12
If the dish is from a previous sky installation in the UK is probably pointing to 28.2 which is completely wrong for Italian TV as Italian TV is on Hotbird 13deg.

I suggest you get an installer to check where the dish is pointing an make sure the LNB is working correctly.

mikizmo
20-12-11, 21:21
*edit please delete*

mikizmo
20-12-11, 21:22
Have a search of the Italian FTA here and it will tell you what sat its on
http://en.kingofsat.net/

As for current one is it fixed SKy dish or motor

thanks a lot, it's not a motorised, it's just the standard fixed dish

punisher
20-12-11, 21:23
As mentioned above if its an existing setup you will most likely be facing Astra 28.2e and thats what you need to set your tuner to and do a scan on that

mikizmo
20-12-11, 21:26
If the dish is from a previous sky installation in the UK is probably pointing to 28.2 which is completely wrong for Italian TV as Italian TV is on Hotbird 13deg.

I suggest you get an installer to check where the dish is pointing an make sure the LNB is working correctly.

thanks Sicilian, to be honest i'm only wanting to get the freeview channels sorted as reception is truly awful with just my aerial - one channel, or 2 at best - so will get a motorised one when I move house in march :thumbsup:

Larry-G
20-12-11, 21:26
*edit please delete*

is the dish a fixed dish or motorized ?
is it a sky mini dish or a larger rounded dish ?.
have you used this dish before for any thing else such as sky uk ?
if you can answer the above then i suggest you pay a installer to come and check as it may be so old it's of no use to you.

mikizmo
20-12-11, 21:35
it's a sky mini dish pheonix.
Sorry I thought I already posted a reply to you on here saying that.
It's a fixed one.
Basically just before I moved in here, the sky box was setup to an old tv and worked fine for the fta channels, then, when I moved in, the sky box had gone, and, the wiring was still here (2 wires), just with the ends pulled off. There is also wiring in another room (2 wires).

Larry-G
20-12-11, 21:38
well then it's a sky dish pointing to 28.2 east so you can use it for FTA on 28.2 east although you wont get any italian channels from this satellite as sicilain said you need to be pointing else where for that.

mikizmo
20-12-11, 21:48
that's great thanks. so in the setup 'scanning' stage how do I actually tell the box to scan 28.2 east?

The Lambton Worm
20-12-11, 21:55
Manual Scan > Type of scan=Single satellite > Satellite=Astra Eurobird......(28.2) > OK

Larry-G
20-12-11, 21:55
as you only have feeds for sky uk set up your tuners to that.

on the receiver menu>setup>services>tuner setup

FOR ASTRA 28.2E, it should be single and simple on both and sat should be 28.2E then you need to exit from this screen and do a scan on the 28.2 east.

mikizmo
20-12-11, 21:57
that's great thanks guys. will let you know how it goes :)

mikizmo
20-12-11, 22:05
ok, it was a little bit more in-depth changing the settings but I got there :)
thanks so much for your help so far guys .. i've found the gospel channel (no really!) and radio stations so far.
Was fed up as I have heard great things about this receiver but am very new so appreciate all your help :)

with regards to ccCam, I have no idea how to use this and no idea how to ask, and, wanting to avoid bans, will leave this out for now. I really am just out to explore all the posibilities that this great box has to offer :) thanks

Larry-G
20-12-11, 22:11
CCcam in it self is fine as it's just a software emulation of a hardware based CAM or conditional access module, it is used to read your card and decrypt it in place of a dedicated hardware CAM unit. The iffy part comes where people use the softcam to share cards over the internet allowing for illegal viewing of pay channels.

if you have a sky card we can help you set this up to work with a softcam but if you dont have one best not ask any further.

mikizmo
20-12-11, 22:20
I guess i'm just confused about ccCam then, because I thought you could configure it to view channels that weren't encrypted.
So.. in a nutshell, if I have a valid subscription card, how will ccCam help me? I'm not talking about sky, because I know that with a valid card you can get sky working through the ET box, and, what else can I use ccCam for - other than the aforemention illegal activities. I used to have a linux based dbox 2 and found that to be really great. I really just want to explore everything on this box :)

mikizmo
20-12-11, 22:27
oh and another quick question if I may.
I have the box setup on my home network, and, am enjoying being able to view it's various settings etc. via http.
But what exactly do people do with this? I mean i'm enjoying the fact I can access my box through my connection etc. but am not really sure what I can do?
I mean if it's easier to edit bouquets/channels etc. this way then great. Is there a kind of FAQ in regards to this? thanks

Larry-G
20-12-11, 22:40
CCcam is just a softcam and is used to read the card allowing you to use your card in a box not issued by the services provider along with other illegal activities, as for the HTTP activities. well you can stream live or recorded content from your receiver to your PC /laptop or connected tv etc amongst other things.

Larry-G
20-12-11, 22:42
here are a few tutorials that may be of interest to you

Tutorial - How to make a screenshot / dump from your satellite receiver
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...llite-receiver (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12554-Tutorial-How-to-make-a-screenshot-dump-from-your-satellite-receiver)

Tutorial - How to enable the default Telnet client in Windows 7
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...t-in-Windows-7 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7)

Satellites.xml "merge" Trick
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10770-satellites.xml-quot-merge-xml-trick-quot&highlight=merge
How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX)

How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9736-How-to-setup-picons-onto-usb-stick-ViX)
How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9752-How-to-use-Backup-amp-Image-Manager-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX)
How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9734-How-to-use-Logs-Manager-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX)
How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9755-How-to-Setup-Inadyn-ViX)
How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11987-How-To-Update-Your-Satellites.xml-File&p=87270#post87270)
How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12061-How-To-Stream-TV-To-iPhone-amp-iPad-amp-PC-amp-Others...)

mikizmo
20-12-11, 22:53
ok great thanks a lot. Have had to re-scan as for some reason it was reading a different position on the 2nd tuner and after I had completed a scan it said '0 channels found', so will take it from there and have a read of the tutorials:)
many thanks pheonix, i'm looking forward to streaming music/movies etc. from my laptop would be great to be able to setup to be honest:thumbsup:

Stanman
20-12-11, 22:55
To get the box set up as like Sky, use the E2 HD settings in my signature. The tutorial on how to do it is also in my signature.

mikizmo
20-12-11, 23:17
ok, would I need to do that though for just FTA channels?
I just completed a scan and it said 1092 channels found, however when I tryed to view any of them (channel 4 or 5, bbc 2 etc.) it said 'tuner failed'?

Stanman
20-12-11, 23:23
The settings group them together so easy to navigate

mikizmo
20-12-11, 23:26
I got ya, yeah i've seen the vids. I know how much time it takes to go through and edit bouquets etc. so thanks
any advice on the 'tuner failed' message? it found channels and lists them but I get that message every time no matter what channel I try

mikizmo
21-12-11, 02:48
i've sorted it out now, just having problems with ftp for some reason

Larry-G
21-12-11, 02:52
i've sorted it out now, just having problems with ftp for some reason

what kind of problems ?

mikizmo
21-12-11, 21:46
I tryed to ftp using root as username and blank pass (also password) but it's not able to connect, i'm just wondering if i'm able to import the ccCam via usb at all? If so would it need to be set to fat32 or ntfs?

mikizmo
21-12-11, 21:54
ok I reconfigured the network to a slightly different ip and i'm in :)

mikizmo
21-12-11, 22:02
i've transferred the ccCam .ipk file. With regards to the config file (.cfg)... I don't have one so could I have some advice there? Or is it just auto-created once i've installed ccCam and then I can just add to/edit it? thanks

Larry-G
21-12-11, 22:07
i've transferred the ccCam .ipk file. With regards to the config file (.cfg)... I don't have one so could I have some advice there? Or is it just auto-created once i've installed ccCam and then I can just add to/edit it? thanks

you can create your own CCcam.cfg file using windows notepad or notepad++ just make a standard text file and name it exactly CCcam.cfg then save it as ( all files type ). you then place you configuration info in there and put the file into /ETC on the receiver so the cam can read it.

mikizmo
21-12-11, 22:25
umm ok thanks, what exactly am I supposed to put in it :sofahide:

Stanman
21-12-11, 22:30
What channels do you have on the card, if not sports and movies, than hardly anything if more have a read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2758-sly-card-in-vu-duo

mikizmo
21-12-11, 22:55
sorry confused again, what I mean is do I just create a .cfg file in notepad for ccCam to start in general?
As stated before I do not have a sky box just the existing wiring

btw your post here:-
'Vix does not have the CFG file and post 9 here explains how to do it.'

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...ight=CCCAM+cfg

leads to a general vu support page, do you have a direct link you could direct me to please if possible? thanks

Larry-G
21-12-11, 23:09
sorry confused again, what I mean is do I just create a .cfg file in notepad for ccCam to start in general?
As stated before I do not have a sky box just the existing wiring

btw your post here:-
'Vix does not have the CFG file and post 9 here explains how to do it.'

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...ight=CCCAM+cfg

leads to a general vu support page, do you have a direct link you could direct me to please if possible? thanks

if you dont have a sky card and your trying to setup CCcam that would indicate your trying to do something that we can not discuss here and if that is the case we can not help you, please confirm.

mikizmo
21-12-11, 23:18
sorry still confused, what is the point of ccCam>? I didnt think it was for ONLY illegal activities?

Stanman
21-12-11, 23:22
Its all academic at the moment, as you don't have a SKY sub we can carry this thread on when you get it.

Larry-G
21-12-11, 23:22
CCcam is a software emulator used in place of a hardware CAM unit to read and decrypt your own viewing card, it can also be used for illegal activities namely cardsharing, a topic we can not and will not get into on this forum.

as pointed out if you dont have a viewing card we cant really go any further with the thread, but if you do get one we would gladly help you set it up.

mikizmo
21-12-11, 23:26
i'm not getting a sky card for months and your thread you pointed me to even linked to how to set up ccCam on a box without sky so really not sure what your getting at.

Larry-G
21-12-11, 23:32
i'm not getting a sky card for months and your thread you pointed me to even linked to how to set up ccCam on a box without sky so really not sure what your getting at.

I most certainly did no such thing, i pointed you towards a tutorial showing how to install a softcam on to your receiver, there was no mention what so ever of using it without a card and nor would there be as that is against the site rules.

as i have said at least half a dozen times in this thread we can and will happily show you how to setup CCcam or any other softcam on your receiver, we will show you how to use that softcam in conjunction with a official subscription card so that you can view the channels you pay for if thats what you want, but more than that we can not and will not help.

mikizmo
21-12-11, 23:36
also, my display on the tv is cutting off the left hand side so that when I go to menu etc. or its booting up with the linux penguins, its alll part cut off on the left hand side of the screen. I have an HDTV with 1080 resolution, and have run through the settings on both the box and the tv to no avail. any advice?

mikizmo
21-12-11, 23:39
i'm not asking you to do anything illegal, and, it honestly seems like people are too ready to jump down other peoples throats by assuming they mean one thing when they're on about another. I'd like at this point to direct you towards a previous post I made in which I stated I would like to explore this boxes capabilities to the full potential CARDSHARING EXCLUDED! I have not to this point been informed as to how to setup ccCam, or what to do with regards to the .cfg file. Now, if you are telling me that the only use for the .cfg file is illegal then fine, but i'm not actually asking that

Larry-G
21-12-11, 23:40
menu > setup > system > OSD > OSD setup. and adjust from there.

i may have gotten the menu layout wrong as that's off the top of my head and i'm at work so no way to double check, but you want the OSD setup option.

Larry-G
21-12-11, 23:43
i'm not asking you to do anything illegal, and, it honestly seems like people are too ready to jump down other peoples throats by assuming they mean one thing when they're on about another. I'd like at this point to direct you towards a previous post I made in which I stated I would like to explore this boxes capabilities to the full potential CARDSHARING EXCLUDED! I have not to this point been informed as to how to setup ccCam, or what to do with regards to the .cfg file. Now, if you are telling me that the only use for the .cfg file is illegal then fine, but i'm not actually asking that

No the .cgf is a configuration file, this is where you enter your cards details so that the cam can know what it's doing. without a card the only other use for this file is carsharing hence my posts that without a valid card we can not discuss any thing about the workings of this file.

as for my posts i see hundreds of posts per day with people trying all ways under the sun from out right asking for CS to trying to be coy and word things as if they are genuinely Innocent of such things. i am not accusing you of any such thing but i have to always be on guard. if i offended you i truly apologize that was never my intention.

mikizmo
22-12-11, 02:12
ok thanks pheonix. i'm happy anyways as I have freeview channels and good reception and that is all that I ask :)
the et9200 is an awesome piece of kit and i'm still learning day by day so all is good.
One final question, is it a difficult procedure to change the boot screen? it's black and white for me and a bit boring, so would be nice to change it.
Also (sorry for being a bit slow here), I know you had done a lot of work with bouquet sorting, but my browser seems to have lost the guide and the files, and, it would be great to have them all grouped together, now i've got the box and ftp side of things set up and running thanks:thumbsup:

Stanman
22-12-11, 20:02
iirc your on 28.2, in which case use the silverfix E2 HD settings in my signature, tutorial is also there.

mikizmo
23-12-11, 21:49
ok had a good few looks at the tutorial, like I said previously ftp is no problem now, but getting this error when trying to send the bouquets over13462

Stanman
24-12-11, 00:40
Make sure you have selected Enigma in the options settings. Also that you have drilled down to the very root of the folder and its not pointed at just the first folder.

silverfox0786
24-12-11, 00:42
you need to open the bouquets into the editor first

mikizmo
27-12-11, 12:24
I finally completed the ftp transfer and now have a sorted channel list, which is great, and picons on my programme guide.
However no large picon when I am viewing the info for the current channel.. is there any way too change that from the standard vix team picon there? thanks

mikizmo
27-12-11, 14:20
hi,
could someone help me to connect wireless my et9200, i bought a dlink dwa140 b2, but i don't know when i switch to net it doesn't shiw anything but the lan.

might be a good idea to start a seperate thread for that?

mikizmo
27-12-11, 14:44
Also, I have tryed to ftp Silverfox's awesome boot logos to my box ....usr/share/ and I have made sure for the existing files that I have 755 write permissions but it keeps telling me file transfer failed. has anyone else come across this? i've been using filezilla with no problem up until now

mikizmo
27-12-11, 15:44
*update* ftp was showing as failed but was actually successful, which is weird.. new booot logos are showing, so not sure what was up with that

egz
31-12-11, 06:02
whats the difference between ET9000 and ET9200. different hardware? same question goes for the ET5000 and ET6000. thanks.

Stanman
31-12-11, 14:10
New models and better hardware.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Xtrend/Xtrend-ET6000-Single-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-1080p-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver-PVR

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Xtrend/Xtrend-ET5000-Single-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

egz
31-12-11, 14:54
i only ask because i recently bought the ET9000 and there was no ET9200 on sale. Also need a single tuner box and was considering the ET5000 but then saw the ET6000. i thought (was hoping) it was just a software upgrade or addition that makes the box handle the new functions such as 1080p media playback (which i dont really care about). so yeah, how about the ET9000 and ET9200? big difference?

Stanman
31-12-11, 14:58
The specs for those will be on the sponsor site but for the price difference I would opt for the newer tech personally.

Larry-G
31-12-11, 14:58
i only ask because i recently bought the ET9000 and there was no ET9200 on sale. Also need a single tuner box and was considering the ET5000 but then saw the ET6000. i thought (was hoping) it was just a software upgrade or addition that makes the box handle the new functions such as 1080p media playback (which i dont really care about). so yeah, how about the ET9000 and ET9200? big difference?

no not a huge difference, a bit more ram and slightly better tuners and components etc ( all of this is off the top of my head mind you so may not be 100 % accurate ).