PDA

View Full Version : ET9200 Newbie

Kirkout
13-12-11, 22:43
Hi to everyone here, Firstly can I apologise in advance for any frustration I may cause through being a newbie, not only with my recently delivered ET9200 but, I'm also forum newbie, (This is my first post.... and I hope I'm putting it the right place!!)... Right... I've just had my ET9200 delivered and I'm looking to get it set up and 'running' myself.... (Well, with a little help from you guys), I've just fitted a 1TB hard drive, .... Which leads me to my first question - Does this need to be partitioned, like when you fit a new drive into a PC, or is it ready to go? - . I believe the latest firmware is on it, what extra drivers or software do I need for it?. At the moment it's plugged into my old providers dish @ 28.2... I've done a scan and amongst the multiple channels found are repeated channels..... like 6 channel 4's... not including the HD one's...., any help would be appreciated! :confused:

Thanks in advance
Kirkout

mikizmo
13-12-11, 23:56
excuse me hopping onboard Kirkout, but like you, I am new here, and, just about to go for one of these super boxes, so it would be interesting to know about formatting/images etc. :thumbsup:

Larry-G
14-12-11, 00:25
Hi to everyone here, Firstly can I apologise in advance for any frustration I may cause through being a newbie, not only with my recently delivered ET9200 but, I'm also forum newbie, (This is my first post.... and I hope I'm putting it the right place!!)... Right... I've just had my ET9200 delivered and I'm looking to get it set up and 'running' myself.... (Well, with a little help from you guys), I've just fitted a 1TB hard drive, .... Which leads me to my first question - Does this need to be partitioned, like when you fit a new drive into a PC, or is it ready to go? - . I believe the latest firmware is on it, what extra drivers or software do I need for it?. At the moment it's plugged into my old providers dish @ 28.2... I've done a scan and amongst the multiple channels found are repeated channels..... like 6 channel 4's... not including the HD one's...., any help would be appreciated! :confused:

Thanks in advance
Kirkout

no the drive does not need to be partitioned as such, but you will need to initialize the drive for use with the image, this basically formats the drive allowing you to use it with the receiver.

the image will contain all the nessecary drivers for the hardware of the box, but you may need to install drivers for any other hardware you add such as usb tuners. these can usually be found within the feeds of the image it self.

those multiple channels you see are the regional variations the channel provider produces. on a standard sky box these would be hidden away but on a third party box they will all show in a scan. if you dont want them to show you can either use a bouquet editor to remove or organize them to your liking, or you could use a preset bouquet pack such as the silverfox one that is set up to mirror the channel line up of the sky uk receiver.

Kirkout
14-12-11, 14:33
That's very helpful to get me started Phoenix.... Thank you.:thumbsup:

Stanman
14-12-11, 23:27
Links in my signanture to Silvers bouquets as well as tutorial on how to load them to the box - much better than doing it yourself

Flyingpig
15-12-11, 22:25
If you are stuck I will swap with my setup 9000 for your 9200 ....:D

;)

Sicilian
15-12-11, 22:27
If you are stuck I will swap with my setup 9000 for your 9200 ....:D

;)

Instead of posting cheeky one liners like that why dont you try to help the OP?! That's what this forum is about.

Flyingpig
15-12-11, 22:44
A bit of humour never go's amiss..... The OP I would guess is sorted, if there was another post between mine and Stanmans I would of responded with help.

So to turn your comment back on to you - Why didn't you help the OP instead of having a go at me???

Forum? Community? Yet no humour? Hmmmm........

Sicilian
15-12-11, 22:48
A bit of humour never go's amiss..... The OP I would guess is sorted, if there was another post between mine and Stanmans I would of responded with help.

So to turn your comment back on to you - Why didn't you help the OP instead of having a go at me???

Because he'd already been helped by my trusty Admin and I've only just caught up with a few days worth of new posts ;) Otherwise, yes I would have posted help like I usually do :)

Sicilian
15-12-11, 22:50

Because he'd already been helped by my trusty Admin and I've only just caught up with a few days worth of new posts ;) Otherwise, yes I would have posted help like I usually do :)

Sorry if I misinterpreted your humour :)

Flyingpig
15-12-11, 23:18
Duly noted and accepted.

I will always try to help others out on forums, as I myself am in no way technical and always in need of help. However, when I can help, I always will.

Kirkout
16-12-11, 00:04
Thanks Sicilian, :thumbsup: I did actually take flyingpig's comment in the manner it was meant - as a joke - but gratitude to you... someone else might have taken it differently.
As for being 'sorted', I'm not there yet, Phoenix & Stanman's posts were very helpful and I've been busy trying to find out from other sources also, but I'm just taking one step at a time so as not to end up bricking the box, so I'm not rushing it.
I am hoping to eventually be able to view all channels maybe using a C S medium, but because of the nature of it, it's difficult for a newbie to find out info. I'm trying to get the box into ready state for that, up to now I've initialised the hard drive, installed the latest bootloader, installed VIX image 2.3GM, and VIX Silverfox0786 E2 HD SKY UK & UK HD DTT [HD SWAP] [Anniversary Special] [01.12.2011], ....That's were I'm up to, now I'm just trying to find out what, if any, extra files or drivers I need to get the box ready for 'viewing'...... then I'll be looking for how to do that.! thanks again for your help so far. :)

Sicilian
16-12-11, 05:24
I am hoping to eventually be able to view all channels maybe using a C S medium, but because of the nature of it, it's difficult for a newbie to find out info. I'm trying to get the box into ready state for that, up to now I've initialised the hard drive, installed the latest bootloader, installed VIX image 2.3GM, and VIX Silverfox0786 E2 HD SKY UK & UK HD DTT [HD SWAP] [Anniversary Special] [01.12.2011], ....That's were I'm up to, now I'm just trying to find out what, if any, extra files or drivers I need to get the box ready for 'viewing'...... then I'll be looking for how to do that.! thanks again for your help so far. :)

Rule 3a here ;) http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2

Kirkout
16-12-11, 15:46
Oh!!:eek:... Apologies.... OK Thanks for the heads up!