Larry-G
12-12-11, 10:32
Changelog drivers 12-12-2011

-DTS downmix support
-fix AC3+/DDP passthrough support
-fix separate 50hz/60hz videomodes, autoselect based on media format
-fix keeping correct 3dmode after videmode switch
-fix keeping correct PiP position after videomode switch
-scaler sharpness: split into pep_scaler_sharpness, pep_hscaler_sharpness, pep_deinterlacer_sharpness
-fix aspect ratio detection for certain media formats.
-fix aspect ratio for PiP, PiG
-fastforward/rewind (TS)
-add pep_digital_contour_removal
-fix initial audio playback after startup

Larry-G
12-12-11, 10:39
for use with the linux 3.1.0 kernel only

bassethound
12-12-11, 11:39
great list of updates/fixes great work from ET :thumbsup:

kunmun23
12-12-11, 11:52
Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for this driver update. Does the "DTS downmix support" fix the no audio on Bluray rips X264 mkv files issue ?

How do I install this driver update? Do I need to extract the files to a certain location or use the ViX software update option ?

Cheers !!

-DTS downmix support
-scaler sharpness: split into pep_scaler_sharpness, pep_hscaler_sharpness, pep_deinterlacer_sharpness
-fastforward/rewind (TS)

Enzo
12-12-11, 14:09
Hi,

Here also as .ipk

kunmun23
12-12-11, 15:00
Are you sure this is the right one? When I tried installing it said something like , " Upgrading from 3.1.0+r7.0 to 3.1.0+r6.0"

r7 is older than r6 ??

Hi,

Here also as .ipk

im85288
13-12-11, 15:23
Did you get this sorted as I was thinking of upgrading too...but wanted to make sure they are new drivers first.

Larry-G
13-12-11, 15:24
The drivers in post one are defiantly new as I downloaded them from xtrends support pages my self.

im85288
13-12-11, 16:01
The drivers in post one are defiantly new as I downloaded them from xtrends support pages my self.

Thanks for that and for install do you know the location they should be transferred to?

easy
13-12-11, 16:09
Thanks for that and for install do you know the location they should be transferred to?

Location should be '' /lib/modules/3.1.0/extra '' :thumbsup:

bassethound
13-12-11, 16:17
Do not install on Clarke-Xtrend Support V3 Image!

kunmun23
13-12-11, 17:18
So, I just need to extract the *.ko files to this location and reboot the box ?? Or do I need to do something else as well?

Location should be '' /lib/modules/3.1.0/extra '' :thumbsup:

Larry-G
13-12-11, 17:20
So, I just need to extract the *.ko files to this location and reboot the box ?? Or do I need to do something else as well?

Yes that's it, but for obvious reasons make a backup of the files already there.

kunmun23
13-12-11, 17:23
Thanks for the prompt response...would try it as soon as I get back home and update on how it goes ...

Just out of curiosity, if I didn't backup the existing *.ko files (not that I don't intend to) and these ones didn't work, can I roll-back using the backed up ViX image?
Just trying to educate myself more :)

Larry-G
13-12-11, 17:38
Yes a reflash should be sufficient although we are talking hardware drivers here and as such you can not be too carefull, so make a backup first, and head off any possibility of trouble before it has the chance of happening.

drs101
13-12-11, 20:58
so we can use these with the latest Vix 2.3 image ok?

Larry-G
13-12-11, 21:01
so we can use these with the latest Vix 2.3 image ok?

yes ViX 2.3 for the ET series receivers, contains the linux kernel needed for these drivers to run.

punisher
13-12-11, 21:01
Yes u can :D

drs101
13-12-11, 21:05
yes ViX 2.3 for the ET series receivers, contains the linux kernel needed for these drivers to run.

Yes u can :D

ok thanks, very nice image so far

kunmun23
14-12-11, 00:28
Extracted these to /lib/modules/3.1.0/extra (after backing up the *.ko files in the destination folder), rebooted the machine and YAY !!mkvs files now play with smooth audio :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-DTS downmix support
-fastforward/rewind (TS)

Larry-G
14-12-11, 00:30
Extracted these to /lib/modules/3.1.0/extra (after backing up the *.ko files in the destination folder), rebooted the machine and YAY !!mkvs files no play with smooth audio :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i'm happy it's working for you.

Cucosat
17-12-11, 15:56
I had to revert back to the drivers from 2011-11-05 since the text-tv function was more or less destroyed on my box (going into text-tv disabled all input from the remote control and could only be fixed by a hard reboot of the box). I use text-tv much more often than I play media with DTS soundtrack so it's not really a huge loss for me (and I have a DTS decoder anyway), but of course I would have liked the other benefits of the drivers. It was a bit annoying though, that the box simply upgraded the drivers as part of the image software update as I did not backup the old drivers beforehand.

Rimmel
28-12-11, 22:03
ViX 2.3 all latest downloads/drivers and the DTS track still isnt working. Any ideas anyone?

thanks
CT

Larry-G
28-12-11, 22:27
I had to revert back to the drivers from 2011-11-05 since the text-tv function was more or less destroyed on my box (going into text-tv disabled all input from the remote control and could only be fixed by a hard reboot of the box). I use text-tv much more often than I play media with DTS soundtrack so it's not really a huge loss for me (and I have a DTS decoder anyway), but of course I would have liked the other benefits of the drivers. It was a bit annoying though, that the box simply upgraded the drivers as part of the image software update as I did not backup the old drivers beforehand.

That has long since been fixed in the latest revisions of the image.