PDA

View Full Version : ET9000 ViX 2.3 image queries

kunmun23
12-12-11, 02:31
Hi m8s,

First of all, I would like to congratulate the ViX team on the 2.3 image....(in time for X-mas that a few on this forum were wishing for :) ). I have used it for just 2 hours now and am loving it. Its an EXCELLENT image, very stable (like all ViX images !!), very user-friendly (as is always the case with ViX images) YET if you want to take control there's an option for it.

Couple of quick queries :

1) I was eagerly waiting to see if the new image would manage to give audio on my collection of Bluray rips X264 DTS. I still don't get any audio :confused: ..is this still WIP, any chance of getting this improvement any time soon ? This is one feature that I am really eagerly looking for to in the ET9x00.

2) Can someone give me a short tutorial on how to use the HDMI-CEC features? Can't seem to make it work with my Bravia EX4 series TV.

3) Any tutorials on how to use the uShare DLNA ?

4) How do I use permanent time-shift ? I have enabled it but still can't seem to be able to use it.

5) How do I get rid of some of the info on the info bar like signal strength, satellite/transponder info etc?

Thanks in advance !!

kunmun23
12-12-11, 12:09
Another (probably a dumb) question :

I loved using the Enhanced Movie Center plugin on Vix2.2. Does it work smoothly with ViX2.3?

Are all the plugins that I used on Vix2.2 compatible with ViX2.3?

Larry-G
12-12-11, 12:16
yes EMC works fine with vix 2.3 i'm using version 3 on my duo.

kunmun23
12-12-11, 12:22
Do ALL other plugins work as well? I'm assuming not given that ViX2.3 is based on Kernel 3.x which has major changes.

yes EMC works fine with vix 2.3 i'm using version 3 on my duo.

Larry-G
12-12-11, 12:24
every plugin i use from 2.2 still works but some may not, you will only know which do or dont if you try them.

kunmun23
14-12-11, 00:40
Update :

Query 1 : bluray rips x264 DTS mkv no audio issue resolved by installing the drivers from post #1 from HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?13808-ET9x00-(9000-9200)-drivers-2011-12-12)

Query 2 : The basic function switching the TV on and off along with the receiver seems to work fine. That's enough for me so I'd say this is resolved for now...the HDMI CEC is in beta at the moment.

Query 3 : Any help appreciated...

Query 4 : This one remains a pain point..it didn't work for me in ViX2.2 and it doesn't work in ViX 2.3 either. Am I understanding the expected behaviour correctly ? Once I zap into a channel, it should automatically start to buffer and I should be able rewind back. This doesn't seem to happen. When I press rewind, it pauses the channel and then the timeshift kicks in.

Query 5: Any help appreciated

Hi m8s,

First of all, I would like to congratulate the ViX team on the 2.3 image....(in time for X-mas that a few on this forum were wishing for :) ). I have used it for just 2 hours now and am loving it. Its an EXCELLENT image, very stable (like all ViX images !!), very user-friendly (as is always the case with ViX images) YET if you want to take control there's an option for it.

Couple of quick queries :

1) I was eagerly waiting to see if the new image would manage to give audio on my collection of Bluray rips X264 DTS. I still don't get any audio :confused: ..is this still WIP, any chance of getting this improvement any time soon ? This is one feature that I am really eagerly looking for to in the ET9x00.

2) Can someone give me a short tutorial on how to use the HDMI-CEC features? Can't seem to make it work with my Bravia EX4 series TV.

3) Any tutorials on how to use the uShare DLNA ?

4) How do I use permanent time-shift ? I have enabled it but still can't seem to be able to use it.

5) How do I get rid of some of the info on the info bar like signal strength, satellite/transponder info etc?

Thanks in advance !!

im85288
14-12-11, 10:03
Update :

Query 4 : This one remains a pain point..it didn't work for me in ViX2.2 and it doesn't work in ViX 2.3 either. Am I understanding the expected behaviour correctly ? Once I zap into a channel, it should automatically start to buffer and I should be able rewind back. This doesn't seem to happen. When I press rewind, it pauses the channel and then the timeshift kicks in.

If I remember correctly you first need to press pause, then press play and then press pause again! When you press pause the second time a red marker comes up that allows you to rewind in the buffer

Watsoccurring
14-12-11, 11:26
Firstly thanks for the image, excellent.
Just had an issue with a skin and am reflashing , with the update Sicilain put out yesterday.
I realise I can find out when I have re-loaded, but does Sicilians's update include the driver update of 12.12.11
from the image descriptor it does not ?

Watsoccurring
14-12-11, 13:02
To answer my thread:
Checked after reflash.
The new ones are there

kunmun23
14-12-11, 13:22
Yes there was an update on the ViX image y'day...I mean when I went to Software Update on ViX it did download an update yesterday ...am assuming the new drivers are included in it.

To answer my thread:
Checked after reflash.
The new ones are there

kunmun23
14-12-11, 13:25
Yes...its covered in THIS (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8093-Permanent-Timeshift-on-VIX/page4&highlight=permanent+timeshift) thread

If I remember correctly you first need to press pause, then press play and then press pause again! When you press pause the second time a red marker comes up that allows you to rewind in the buffer

kunmun23
15-12-11, 01:22
Update 2 :
Did a reflash of the image after cleaning up folders in the hard drive and removing the USB flash drive

Query 3 : ushare DLNA works now. I can see ViX on my laptop

Query 5 : Any help appreciated.

Update :

Query 1 : bluray rips x264 DTS mkv no audio issue resolved by installing the drivers from post #1 from HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?13808-ET9x00-(9000-9200)-drivers-2011-12-12)

Query 2 : The basic function switching the TV on and off along with the receiver seems to work fine. That's enough for me so I'd say this is resolved for now...the HDMI CEC is in beta at the moment.

Query 3 : Any help appreciated...

Query 5: Any help appreciated

Larry-G
15-12-11, 01:26

i'm no expert so forgive me if i am wrong, and no doubt if i am some on will correct me. but you cant just remove that info without going into the configuration files of the chosen skin and editing it out your self as it is part of the skin it self.

Alias1
15-12-11, 04:31
i'm no expert so forgive me if i am wrong, and no doubt if i am some on will correct me. but you cant just remove that info without going into the configuration files of the chosen skin and editing it out your self as it is part of the skin it self.
Correct or try a different skin

kunmun23
15-12-11, 10:22
Hmm...there are so many customizations of the OSD possible through the UI. I wish I could customize the infobar to give it a cleaner look...i don't want to see the transponder info, the cccam server details, SNR values etc.

Is there a plugin to do that..if not may I request the ViX team experts for this enhancement on the next release ? Not even something complex...a simple solution like "Info bar settings >> Simple/Intermediate/Advanced" would work great !!

Rob van der Does
15-12-11, 10:42
Once PTS is enabled you can always rewind (max. to the moment you tuned to the channel). Just press rewind and all normal playback options are available. There's no need to press "Pause" first.

In the skin Magic-HD I reduced the info in the InfoBar to the minimum: only items needed for normal TV-watching are there. The SecondInfoBar (if enabled) gives you all additional info (see screenies).

kunmun23
15-12-11, 16:40
PTS no-go ...had the same issue on ViX2.2 and could never solve it....can you pls share a screen grab of the timeshift menu so that i can ensure I have the settings right?

Magic-HD info bar is very beautiful...but I don't like the other menus...too much of unused space and don't like the small playback window during OSD...wish i could get the best of both worlds... an uncluttered elegant infobar in the ViX night HD skin :)

Once PTS is enabled you can always rewind (max. to the moment you tuned to the channel). Just press rewind and all normal playback options are available. There's no need to press "Pause" first.

In the skin Magic-HD I reduced the info in the InfoBar to the minimum: only items needed for normal TV-watching are there. The SecondInfoBar (if enabled) gives you all additional info (see screenies).

Rob van der Does
15-12-11, 17:32
Magic-HD info bar is very beautiful...but I don't like the other menus...too much of unused space and don't like the small playback window during OSD...wish i could get the best of both worlds... an uncluttered elegant infobar in the ViX night HD skin :)
That's why we have Magic-HD Light.

kunmun23
15-12-11, 18:09
Tried that ....and am sticking with ViX Night :)...everything about it is great ...large readable fonts, no minimization of the tv screen while in OSD mode..."Now", "Next" in the listings...BUT for the infobar which as I mentioned earlier is a bit too cluttered.

kunmun23
15-12-11, 18:12
Here are my settings for Timeshift. No rewind happens when i press the << button. It goes on pause, then when I unpause, it seems to enable time shift...please help..this is one feature i would definitely like to use on my ET9000

Rob van der Does
15-12-11, 19:05
Tried that ....and am sticking with ViX Night :)...everything about it is great ...large readable fonts, no minimization of the tv screen while in OSD mode..."Now", "Next" in the listings...BUT for the infobar which as I mentioned earlier is a bit too cluttered.
Very easy to solve that: make a skin_user file and place the desired infobar screen in there.
I can help if you want to.

Rob van der Does
15-12-11, 19:07
Here are my settings for Timeshift. No rewind happens when i press the << button. It goes on pause, then when I unpause, it seems to enable time shift...please help..this is one feature i would definitely like to use on my ET9000
Hmmmm, settings are fine, should work just fine.

kunmun23
15-12-11, 19:31
Would love to try go under the bonnet....am tech savvy but not familiar with enigma2...would really appreciate a bit of hand-holding...

I'm presuming it would some xml that I would need to modify and replace to knock off the stuff that I don't want on the info bar. Or is there a way to use Magic-HD Light infobar with ViX Night image ? That would be cool !! :)

Very easy to solve that: make a skin_user file and place the desired infobar screen in there.

kunmun23
15-12-11, 19:32
Hmmmm, settings are fine, should work just fine.

Could it be related to hard drive ? skin ? Because I could never get it to work... :(

Sicilian
15-12-11, 20:07
Could it be related to hard drive ? skin ? Because I could never get it to work... :(

Are you able to record ok? If so no. Maybe do a fresh re-flash.

Rob van der Does
15-12-11, 21:40

Would love to try go under the bonnet....am tech savvy but not familiar with enigma2...would really appreciate a bit of hand-holding...

I'm presuming it would some xml that I would need to modify and replace to knock off the stuff that I don't want on the info bar. Or is there a way to use Magic-HD Light infobar with ViX Night image ? That would be cool !! :)
Yes, that indeed is very well possible. I will help you tomorrow (and PM me if I forgot that by the end of the day).

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 07:34

Yes, that indeed is very well possible. I will help you tomorrow (and PM me if I forgot that by the end of the day).
Ok. here you go:
1- Install Magic-HD. You don't have to use it, just download it from the feeds;
2- Unzip the attached file user_skin.xml and FTP it to "etc/enigma2"; then restart the GUI

That's all! If you want; you could add others screens to the user_skin.xml. Just copy the desired ones form another skin (and make sure you have downloaded that skin as well).
In this file I also added the SecondInfoBar, as they are more or less two of a pair. To use it, you must enable SecondInfoBar in the user settings.

Good luck, and let me know if you need any other help.

kunmun23
16-12-11, 10:29
Wow..that was simple....it seems to work fine except when I press the << button to browse EPG i.e. current events on other channels..that's when the old infobar starts showing up.

Btw, looking at the xml, I see that each component/item on the infobar is defined as a widget .... does that mean there is a skin_user.xml for the ViX Night image ? If that's the case, I can edit that xml and remove the widgets I don't want.

kunmun23
16-12-11, 10:33
Am able to record fine...even timeshifting seems to work after I pause it once...
Have done a recent reflash so am pretty sure its not that..also I had the same behavior on ViX2.2 (See THIS (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8093-Permanent-Timeshift-on-VIX/page4&highlight=permanent+timeshift) thread)

Am I pressing the right button "<<" or do I need to press any other button to rewind back in PTS ?

Are you able to record ok? If so no. Maybe do a fresh re-flash.

Rob van der Does
16-12-11, 11:00
Wow..that was simple....it seems to work fine except when I press the << button to browse EPG i.e. current events on other channels..that's when the old infobar starts showing up.
OK, added Quick-EPG to the User skin as well (attached). It's always the same: once you start modding a skin there's no end to it :D

Btw, looking at the xml, I see that each component/item on the infobar is defined as a widget .... does that mean there is a skin_user.xml for the ViX Night image ? If that's the case, I can edit that xml and remove the widgets I don't want.
Nope, there's a skin (in this case look at the skin file in "/usr/share/enigma2/ViX_Night_HD").
Changing items there is possible, but on every update your changes will be removed again. That's the reason to use the skin-User.xml: the skin_user.xml overrides the items from the skin.
So a better way is: copy the screen you like from any skin, and add them to the skin_user.xml (as we are doing right now). That will never be changed by the system, and even be backed up by a settings backup.

kunmun23
20-12-11, 20:32
The updated skin_user.zip seems to hang the box. The earlier one worked well but didn't have the Quick-EPG :confused:

Rob van der Does
20-12-11, 22:03
The updated skin_user.zip seems to hang the box. The earlier one worked well but didn't have the Quick-EPG :confused:
A crash? If so please post your crashlog.
And please activate the debuglog andpost it here.

kunmun23
20-12-11, 23:11
Not a crash ...no green screen or stuff like that but nothing works on the remote...I tried accessing the webinterface and was able to reboot from there...at this point it again got into a similar state...next I ftped into the box and removed the skin_user.xml and did a reboot and everything went to normal

Rob van der Does
21-12-11, 08:32
Not a crash ...no green screen or stuff like that but nothing works on the remote...I tried accessing the webinterface and was able to reboot from there...at this point it again got into a similar state...next I ftped into the box and removed the skin_user.xml and did a reboot and everything went to normal
You're right, there was something wrong in that file. I corrected that in the attached version: works fine on my box, so please try that.
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
And please don't hesitate to come back here if things are not OK again, or if you have additional wishes.

kunmun23
21-12-11, 09:52
Thanks !! That worked like a charm. May I request one final tweak ?? (I know your earlier statement..once you get on modding a skin there's not end to it :) )

After putting this image the font color of the highlighted/selected text on the other menus has turned to yellow making it hard to read. It works fine for the infobar though. See attached images.

Can we fix this so that the font color of selected menu item does not change to yellow?

Rob van der Does
21-12-11, 10:08
Thanks !! That worked like a charm. May I request one final tweak ?? (I know your earlier statement..once you get on modding a skin there's not end to it :) )
I knew it, I knew it, I should never have started this.........:cool:

After putting this image the font color of the highlighted/selected text on the other menus has turned to yellow making it hard to read. It works fine for the infobar though. See attached images.
Sorry, I don't know how to "fix" that :confused:

Rob van der Does
21-12-11, 13:20
Sorry, I don't know how to "fix" that :confused:
Couldn't stand that, so I've been struggling with colors.......
Please try the attached version. It's not ideal, but I think it's better then it was.
And maybe there's a real skinner reading this who might help out?