PDA

View Full Version : Downloading TM800HD Images

dodd
22-07-10, 10:32
I am new to satellite systems ,and looking for some help and guidence. Being a complete novice how do I install a new image on myTM800HD :confused:

fdlsys
22-07-10, 10:55
Menu->Setup->Network->[Blue] button ("Update")

or

Download an image file (from here.)
Place the image file into the root folder of the USB mem. stick
Rename the image file to exactly this: TM800_update.bin (lettercase is important!!!)
Power off at the back.
Power-on and as soon as the front display says "Technomate", start pressing (press-release-press-release, etc.) the "Power/Standby" button on the front pannel,
untill you see "MinoRoot" in the front display - now stop pressing anything, and wait
untill you see something like "<xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" in the front display, where the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is usually 127.0.0.1, or whatever your receiver's current IP address is at the moment.
Now, press the "Menu" button on the fron pannel and observe the rapidly changing letters and numbers in the front display indicating the progress of the image load.

Ideally, at the end of the falsh, the box should restart and take you through the "1st time Wizard".
If not, try a later image.
If that still doesn't help, definitelly do a factory reset before you re-flash again.

dodd
22-07-10, 12:33
Brilliant mate , my next task is softcams.........

fdlsys
22-07-10, 12:42
That's a non-issue :) CCcam214 runs the moment you flash the image. If you have a problematic card, Newcs is available for download in add-ins menu. Having said that - the very basic card reader functionality is not yet available!!! So, you are down to k e y z or ... whatever; for the time being. New image is only expected 'round 15th August. Alternativelly, you can use one of these USB extterna card-readers that have indeed been confirmed to work fine. I however know nothing about them, so... google/ask...

reddishd
29-07-10, 20:58
That's a non-issue :) CCcam214 runs the moment you flash the image. If you have a problematic card, Newcs is available for download in add-ins menu. Having said that - the very basic card reader functionality is not yet available!!! So, you are down to k e y z or ... whatever; for the time being. New image is only expected 'round 15th August. Alternativelly, you can use one of these USB extterna card-readers that have indeed been confirmed to work fine. I however know nothing about them, so... google/ask...

Hi, I have had no problem with this image, So far but will let you know what i fined.

fdlsys
30-07-10, 13:38
No problem?!? Lucky you, must be very low expectations... LOL!
- No usable PVR (does not record video on encrypted channels at all - have a look at the file size)
- No usable playback - video & audio recorded on FTA channels freezes the box after 1-2 minutes.
- ... consequently, no timeshift
- No generic media playback functionality yet (audio formats/video formats)
- No media management interface worth mentioning

On top of this, all the bugs reported in the meantime - too many to list here ...