PDA

View Full Version : anyway to stop timeshift automatically if on single channel for long time over night

uscool
11-12-11, 14:28
Hi, just ordered a vu duo, looking to flash the vix image once recieved, i have a 500gb that i will use in it, just wondering about timeshift, for example family member watching , then doesnt put it on standby, it will keep timshifting all night , waste of time and will keep hdd spinning, wondering if there is a way if left on one channel for like say 2-4 hrs or however you long you set it, so timeshifting could stop, so hdd stop spinning automatically, saving power and hdd life,

Thanks

guff daddy
12-12-11, 11:19
Get hold of an 8gb USB stick (about €10 or so), put it in one of the rear slots and configure the timeshift to write to this rather than the HDD.
Alternatively I'm pretty sure it doesn't timeshift on standby so you could set one of the power management options to put the box in standby at about 1.00am or so...

uscool
12-12-11, 15:55
Thanks m8, aint got a Vu Duo yet, should be dispatched today by W.O.S, so getting prepared, cant wait to play :p