PDA

View Full Version : ET9200 working as a Quad tuner :D

Sicilian
10-12-11, 07:12
Just setup my beloved ET9200 as a quad tuner. Twin DVB-S2 defualt + 1x PCTV Nano 290e DVB-T2 (http://www.pctvsystems.com/Products/ProductsEuropeAsia/Digitalproducts/PCTVnanoStickT2/tabid/248/language/en-GB/Default.aspx) + 1x Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T DVB-T (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/USB-Digital-Tuners/hauppauge-wintv-nova-t-stick-dvb-t-receiver-hi-speed-usb-00294)

Once both Tuners where installed and receiver had been rebooted I needed to set the ET9200 to recognise the PCTV Nano 290e before the Nova stick as Nova was showing as Tuner C, therefore the ET9200 was trying to tune Freeview HD through the Nova stick as it was the first terrestrial tuner being recognised. To swap the tuner around I followed Andyblac's advice. I had to rename the driver modules in /etc/modutils: -

1. rename em28xx-dvb to t1_em28xx-dvb
2. rename dvb-usb-dib0700 to t2_dvb-usb-dib0700

Through telnet do the following command: -

update-modules

Now reboot receiver.

Upon reboot Tuner C is now the PCTV Nabo 290e and Tuner D is the Nova T stick. Freeview HD (DVB-T2) channels now automatically tune through Tuner C. Only drawback I've found is if your recording say BBC One HD the receiver does not recognise which DVB-T2 channels are no longer available to tune and does not grey them out.

You can use two of the same model USB tuner sticks for DVB-T or DVB-T2 and you shouldn't have any issues. The above example is for anyone wanting to use two different model USB tuners, one DVB-T and the other DVB-T2, the DVB-T2 tuner needs to be recognised as Tuner C for the DVB-T2 channels to be tuned as the receiver just recognises them and Terrestrial tuners and is not as DVB-T or DVB-T2.

Larry-G
10-12-11, 07:31
i can see this receiver becoming a very big hit.

Rob van der Does
10-12-11, 08:05
I presume the same can be done on any (single or twin tuner) E2-box, and even one or two DVB-S tuners can be attached.

I'm anxiously awaiting your tests with that (and combinations of the above):thumbsup:

Sicilian
10-12-11, 08:13
I presume the same can be done on any (single or twin tuner) E2-box, and even one or two DVB-S tuners can be attached.

I'm anxiously awaiting your tests with that (and combinations of the above):thumbsup:

Yes, you can use any combination, DVB-T2 + DVB-S2 USB Tuners. I just had to rename the driver modules as I needed the DVB-T2 tuner to be recognised as Tuner C.

Rob van der Does
10-12-11, 08:21
Yes, you can use any combination, DVB-T2 + DVB-S2 USB Tuners. I just had to rename the driver modules as I needed the DVB-T2 tuner to be recognised as Tuner C.
Do we have a list available of supported (and tested) USB tuners (DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-C, DVB-S, DVB-S2)?

Larry-G
10-12-11, 08:26
Do we have a list available of supported (and tested) USB tuners (DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-C, DVB-S, DVB-S2)?

there was a thread some time back where users posted their own experiences and weather a particular model worked or not for them, but as far as a definitive list of known working and tested tuners go, then no i dont believe so.

pinco333
10-12-11, 17:05
USB Sky DTT A867 Avermedia = OK !

silverfox0786
10-12-11, 17:08
hmmm may need to do this with my et9000