PDA

View Full Version : Low audio on HD Channels??

mcquaim
09-12-11, 01:08
Anyone notice that the audio level on HD is way lower than the SD equivalent?

If I select Audio2 as audio source then volume level will be high as SD then..

valbg
09-12-11, 01:22
I have the same thing, I though because it's AC3 (tested on SKY UK's Disney Cinemagic HD) :confused:

mcquaim
09-12-11, 08:44
Are you connected to the tv with a hdmi or scart? Mine is currently scart so wondering if that might be it, will check later..

valbg
09-12-11, 12:02
Yep, mine is scart as well

mcquaim
09-12-11, 12:17
This could be the problem so, I will try it with a hdmi lead later on and see if that resolves the issue and report back!

bassethound
09-12-11, 12:22
Not having a go at any one but using a scart lead on a HD sat box you are not going the best quality picture/sound going to your tv

always best to use the HDMI socket for best picture and sound quality from any HD sat box

mcquaim
09-12-11, 12:29
Yeah, totally agree bassethound.. I bought this little box for my mum before I realised that her bleedin TV didn't have any HDMI ports... I don't think I'm gonna fork out another few hundred euro's to solve this problem though :rolleyes:

I like this little box but it's like they rushed the release of this to have it out for chrimbo.. The software is just not ready to be released for it yet but they released the box anyway.. A lot of little software issues!

Sicilian
09-12-11, 12:31
I dont think theres anything much up with the software, just needs the fav's thing sorting.

mcquaim
09-12-11, 12:49
And a bit more..

1. Channel manager loosing the sort order.
2. The audio level on HD channels while connected via SCART (I will confirm this tonight).
3. Super Setting a bit tempermental (possibly related to my Tenda, yet to verify..)
4. Not able to select a network storage device.

Don't get me wrong, I like this little box but the firmware seems a bit like test code..

bassethound
09-12-11, 13:13
just the channel manager needs sorting for me to use on a fixed dish

Sicilian
09-12-11, 13:17
And a bit more..

1. Channel manager loosing the sort order.
2. The audio level on HD channels while connected via SCART (I will confirm this tonight).
3. Super Setting a bit tempermental (possibly related to my Tenda, yet to verify..)
4. Not able to select a network storage device.

Don't get me wrong, I like this little box but the firmware seems a bit like test code..

1. channel manager is being worked on by their dev's.
2. Connecting through HDMI will prob solve.
3. It wont be the tenda, your screen lag issue is prob down to view HD on a SD connection using downscaling.
4. Striaght after release it was announced that, that was a mistake in the spec ;)

If you where going to use through scart you would have been better off buying a SD receiver.

mcquaim
09-12-11, 13:22
Thanks for the update Sic:thumbsup:

I am going to rule out a few of my concerns over the weekend and I'll post an update!

As for point 4, I will just sit tight then :cool:

Cheers,
mcquaim