PDA

View Full Version : Duo Crashing since new update (Crash Logs Supplied)

Foxylady
08-12-11, 18:02
Hi all,
My family relative has a duo with v2.3 vix and was running perfectly and since the recent update today his box shows this messages "Softcam check error" on his screen and as to press exit to get if off, only 5 to 10 secs later it returns.
Mine has been fine no issues at all.
Can anyone advice what is the possible cause?
Much appreciated
Foxy

punisher
08-12-11, 18:15
Its a possible bug that andy is looking at atm. Should get fixed soon

squirelly666
08-12-11, 18:17
I'm having the exact same problem after updating my Vu+ Duo this morning.

I'm getting the 'Softcam Check Error', though not as frequently as you state its probably happened about 4 times in the last 30 minutes, but it's not crashing so I'm not getting any crash logs. The error message goes off the bottom of the screen, but what I can see says :

Softcam Check Error: [Failure instance : Traceback: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:'/tmp/frozen'
/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py:504:__bootstrap
/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py:502:__bootstrap_inner
/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py:484:run
--<exception caught here>--
/usr/lib/python2.6/threadpool.py:210:_worker
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py:59:callWi

dmgp
08-12-11, 18:34
I have the same softcam check error as squirelly666 but it locks up the box and will not respond to remote

squirelly666
08-12-11, 18:35
I forgot to say, that pressing 'exit' makes the error message box disappear, and it continues to function fine, just pops up again after 5/10 minutes.

Larry-G
08-12-11, 18:39
you can try disabling the checks until a fix is released.

blue button / softcam manager / menu then set enable auto timer check to no press green to save and do a reboot.

DeGea468
08-12-11, 18:55
Hi

I had this exact problem although it seemed everything still ran fine but the message would pop up again 5-10mins later.

Here is what i did and how i fixed it

I saw the flashing icon on the info bar that update(s) are available. so i went to..

Menu >>> Setup >>> ViX >>> Manage Extensions >>> yellow button to update (there was 26 updates)

After update and a restart of my Uno, i started to get that 'softcam check error'.

I done a few things to try fix it but didn't work so i checked to see if there was a ViX update.

Menu >>> Setup >>> ViX >>> Software Update

After this update and restart the problem for me is now fixed and i no longer get the 'softcam check error'

Hope that works for others, in future i'll check both Manage Extensions and Software Update for updates.

squirelly666
08-12-11, 18:57

blue button / softcam manager / menu then set enable auto timer check to no press green to save and do a reboot.

Disabled auto timer here, and it seems to have stopped the error coming up. However, after the reboot I noticed the update icon is flashing again, is it worth doing the update, or would it be better to wait until there's a fix for this problem available?

Larry-G
08-12-11, 19:02
Disabled auto timer here, and it seems to have stopped the error coming up. However, after the reboot I noticed the update icon is flashing again, is it worth doing the update, or would it be better to wait until there's a fix for this problem available?

if the icon is flashing do the update and see if it helps.

squirelly666
08-12-11, 19:46
if the icon is flashing do the update and see if it helps.

did the update about 40 minutes ago, turned softcam auto timer back on, and haven't had any error messages since so I guess something in that last update fixed it.

Thanks for the help.

zola25
08-12-11, 19:52
Those having the softcam error check if it is cccam you are using go into your cfg file and change this line
#ALLOW WEBINFO: no
to
ALLOW WEBINFO: yes

That stopped my error poping up

Foxylady
08-12-11, 20:41
Thanks all for the information, i will pass it on to him now and see if any results.
Funnily i've not had any issues at all.
Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

mooney36
08-12-11, 20:49

Hi Pheonix, i am foxy's relative whom he was helping.
I read your instructions and did as such, rebooted box then chekced for updates and there were 4, i did update rebooted box again and box as been running perfect upto now.
You help is much appreciated, thanks