PDA

View Full Version : Warning to anyone considering buying a VU+ Clone!

Sicilian
08-12-11, 06:33
This a warning to anyone considering buying a VU+ Clone!

A member ordered a VU+ Solo clone to inspect, they have been sent a pair of crappy Nike Trainers!! The unfortunate member had pay'd via paypal, but because he had signed for the parcel they are refusing to refund his money!

So there is still NO proof that VU+ Clones actually exist!

Save your money, buy GENUINE VU+, support our Forum and buy from our Sponsor, guaranteed GENUINE!

silverfox0786
08-12-11, 17:10
foooking hell

do we go and bomb the house of teh trainer supplier or worse go bomb paypal office n twickenham

joking aside thats appaling to hear and i feel sorry for the guy that brought them as he was buying them to do a comparsion rather than to have one

for anyone that now buys a vu clone and gets trainers they will deserve it

i think a civil case against paypal is in order as buyer did not get what he purchased and that should still be a case to fight for his monkry back

also get the police involved as paypal will have to disclose the senders address to police

rossi2000
08-12-11, 17:33
lol he should of bought from a reputable dealer :)

rossi2000
08-12-11, 17:36
here are some pics of solo clone.

punisher
08-12-11, 17:44
Ill have to look at solo n compare but the connecter for cable at the back looks longer of the top of my head

bassethound
08-12-11, 18:45
Should be easy to spot as the ones i have seen advertised on far east traders site show the box being sold with white remotes nether seen Vu+ selling solo,s with this color remote only on some early Duo,s

David Harritz
09-05-12, 16:16
Yes. thank you for giving me awareness about the thing but if you people are suppose wanted to take a good satellite connection dish then You can get it over here. It is very nice to increase the interest of the person and also provide the good features with affordable price.

Rob van der Does
09-05-12, 18:21
Yes. thank you for giving me awareness about the thing but if you people are suppose wanted to take a good satellite connection dish then You can get it over here. It is very nice to increase the interest of the person and also provide the good features with affordable price.
Sorry, it may be due to the fact that English is not my native tongue, but I don't have a clue what you mean.

Sicilian
09-05-12, 19:24
Sorry, it may be due to the fact that English is not my native tongue, but I don't have a clue what you mean.

I dont think anyone else does either :roflmao:

Mr. Mister
09-05-12, 19:50
I dont think anyone else does either :roflmao:

I actually saw another 6 of those.. lol.. :eek:

Delagroov
10-05-12, 08:15
Perhaps Ali-G diggin it

Voyager
10-12-13, 16:40
How much of a saving are we generally talking about over a real one, out of interest?

Rob van der Does
10-12-13, 17:47
It looks like clones are getting more and more expensive. Probably to mislead innocent people, as the price is no longer a give-away about being a clone .....

Larry-G
10-12-13, 17:56
It looks like clones are getting more and more expensive. Probably to mislead innocent people, as the price is no longer a give-away about being a clone .....

Yeah as the price of Genuine hardware comes down those selling these inferior clones seem to be increasing the price of their warez, likely in a attempt to dupe unsuspecting buyers into buying their rubbish.

roy0110
10-12-13, 18:01
i have seen a clone vu solo running latest vix image, i think he paid £110 for it

Voyager
11-12-13, 12:36
i have seen a clone vu solo running latest vix image, i think he paid £110 for it

Yeah, I can see the attraction of that price.

Rahisha
11-12-13, 12:49
Is there a definitive way to find out if a box is genuine or clone? :(

Rob van der Does
11-12-13, 13:57
Very difficult. Buy from sponsor to be sure.

Jawid
11-12-13, 15:58
Yeah don't risk it, I had one and had no end of problems with it. Then I found this site :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sirius
11-12-13, 18:48
My mate has one paid £90 off eBay. He has lots of problems with it since he bought it, always asking me to come and sort it. :( I hate them !!!

Now 6 months old and he has to have the receiver upside down for it to work properly lmao. If not just it just freezes or randomly knocks its self off..

Larry-G
11-12-13, 19:00
you just have to look at the poor quality Icloud 2 boxes to see how much of a false economy they are, already they are telling users they have to replace upto 6 surface mounted capacitors in order for them to function properly. How is that for service when you buy a new box only to be told you have to get the soldering iron out to make it work ?.

Voyager
12-12-13, 10:58
you just have to look at the poor quality Icloud 2 boxes to see how much of a false economy they are, already they are telling users they have to replace upto 6 surface mounted capacitors in order for them to function properly. How is that for service when you buy a new box only to be told you have to get the soldering iron out to make it work ?.

LOL. That's utterly absurd. To be honest, I don't really understand clone boxes, because it's not like you're using the proper hardware. Surely you'd be better off buying a good, but cheaper, receiver?

Alec
12-12-13, 17:21
Is there a definitive way to find out if a box is genuine or clone? :(

Form reading other forums, the most definite way is that the VU Clones don't last very long.

Sicilian
12-12-13, 17:37
Warning to anyone buying Solo2's, they've hit the UK market and couple of dealers are selling them as genuine.

Rob van der Does
12-12-13, 19:32
I have just been comparing a clone and a genuine Solo2: it's very hard to spot the differences. Both the STB itself and the carton box are virtually identical. Only knowing the differences and comparing the two you can notice it.

Stanman
12-12-13, 22:23
Why are you buying clomes:p

abu baniaz
13-12-13, 00:02
So he can tell us what it looks like so we can avoid it.

Rob van der Does
13-12-13, 05:35
Why are you buying clomes:p
I didn't. I happened to visit someone who had both a clone and a genuine Solo2, just for the purpose of looking for the differences.

So he can tell us what it looks like so we can avoid it.
As I said: very difficult.

Look at the back plane: the dots on the ventilator-cover are different. On the genuine Solo2 the inner circle has dots whereas the clone has not.
Furthermore the screws are different, but you'll have to see the two boxes together to be able to compare.
Also the carton box has two slight differences in printing from the original version. But again: very hard to spot and only visible on comparing the two side by side.

tomthebomb1968
13-12-13, 13:20
I once saw a clone solo. It came with a special adapter that fits over the serial port that original boxes don't. Do the latest clones have these, if so that's probably the easiest way for an inexperienced user to know.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Rob van der Does
13-12-13, 14:22
The Solo2 doesn't. As I said: differences are almost impossible to spot.

Larry-G
19-12-13, 01:33
The best way currently to identify solo2 clones is to remove the lid and look under the HDD cradle for the security chip ( circled ), which is not present on the original.

judge
19-12-13, 01:39
Or, if you have any reason to be unsure about what you're buying, buy from a reputable seller.
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Solo-2-Solo2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

world-of-satellite.co.uk
19-12-13, 06:21
The best way currently to identify solo2 clones is to remove the lid and look under the HDD cradle for the security chip ( circled ), which is not present on the original.

Not 100% correct I'm afraid. We have photo's of a clone motherboard that does not have that chip. Board has been forwarded to VU+. This unit was purchased from a group of sellers who at one time sold genuine goods and are now knowingly selling clones as genuine through their online shops and ebay.

mousedown
28-12-13, 20:54
Thanks for this thread, and lots of others. Most helpful. I'm looking at buying a solo2 today, I'd really like to purchase from the store here, but sadly it appears the price I've found on XXXXXXX can't be matched.

The seller has given me assurance that the box isn't a clone, will check the vent holes explained above and will also refund if the box turns out to be a clone.

Still a slight gamble for only a saving of X but price is crucial for me. I hope the clients out there haven't improved their boxes to include the air vent holes....I shall update once delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

bellejt
28-12-13, 21:01
In Belgium the box was cheaper in the shop than on internet.Payed 465 euro for VU+ duo2 with twin S2 tuner.And guarenteed an original box with 2 years warrenty..

Rob van der Does
29-12-13, 06:38
There is actually only one way to be 100% sure the box is genuine: install either the latest Original Image (from VU+) or ViX 3-808 (or any other image having up-to-date drivers). If the box is then up & running you're fine. If not, it's a clone.

mousedown
29-12-13, 10:02
Thanks, this is definitely the route I will take. Really pleased this feature has been added by Vu+. Out of interest, does anybody know how the test is done?

Emulated
29-12-13, 15:58
"saving of X but price is crucial for me"
If it is a local supplier it maybe worth it but otherwise I believe it is to much of a gamble to take. Those that sell clones will say anything to get a sell and getting your money back is real stress, all to save a few quid.

mousedown
29-12-13, 19:59
No, it's not local, some seller in London. I could be getting royally stitched up. It really is a gamble, but I want to support fair competition where I can. I feel bad for even talking about competitors, but I really want to believe there are good people still out there, otherwise other sellers could create a monopoly and drive prices up through proper gander.

I've ordered a box from here for another family member, piece of mind where he's concerned The service they offer here really is great, free image install, warranty, paid for HDD install too. Can really recommend a newbie buying here. I'm just trying to cut corners where I can and I can afford be a little more frugal / risky / foolish with my own money. Yes, there's bound to be dodgy sellers out there, but an honest retailer selling at a price below their competitors shouldn't be tarnished with the same brush.

The supplier will send me a photograph of the unit before he dispatches so I can verify its authenticity.

I could of course be proved massively wrong, made to be a fool, go through stress getting my money back, eat a huge portion of humble pie then buy another one here after all!

Only time will tell.... Wish me luck.

clem58
29-12-13, 22:28
Doesn't matter a jot to me which sellers purport to be selling genuine sat box's, I buy mine here through good advice from DK and since then the I always advise folk to come here. The service is second to none and the after care the same. My garentee was up and I was still able to get support ( didn't need it in the end, but it was there). If ever in the future I plan to purchase, it will be from WOS. :)

Larry-G
29-12-13, 22:35
No, it's not local, some seller in London. I could be getting royally stitched up. It really is a gamble, but I want to support fair competition where I can. I feel bad for even talking about competitors, but I really want to believe there are good people still out there, otherwise other sellers could create a monopoly and drive prices up through proper gander.

I've ordered a box from here for another family member, piece of mind where he's concerned The service they offer here really is great, free image install, warranty, paid for HDD install too. Can really recommend a newbie buying here. I'm just trying to cut corners where I can and I can afford be a little more frugal / risky / foolish with my own money. Yes, there's bound to be dodgy sellers out there, but an honest retailer selling at a price below their competitors shouldn't be tarnished with the same brush.

The supplier will send me a photograph of the unit before he dispatches so I can verify its authenticity.

I could of course be proved massively wrong, made to be a fool, go through stress getting my money back, eat a huge portion of humble pie then buy another one here after all!

Only time will tell.... Wish me luck.

Dont be fooled into thinking retailers such as the sponsor are coining it in selling units as they are not, their profit margin is extremely small and you get the peace of mind of a real warranty and full after sales support, but the end decision is yours to make, I sincerely hope you dont come to regret your strive to save a few quid.

clem58
29-12-13, 23:18
As I always warn my kids and the hate hearing it.

you get what you pay for.

mousedown
03-01-14, 19:41
In this case what I got was a genuine Vu+ Solo2 with 12 months warranty, cheaper than most places & arriving the next day. Definitely pays to shop around. Will look to donate to the forum with some of the money saved.

roy0110
06-01-14, 14:43
In this case what I got was a genuine Vu+ Solo2 with 12 months warranty, cheaper than most places & arriving the next day. Definitely pays to shop around. Will look to donate to the forum with some of the money saved.

i hope you get a price match, here are the conditions:

Price Match Terms:
Be an exact make and model of the one carried at World-of-Satellite (SDF Trading Ltd).
Be new (not refurbished or reconditioned) and in its original packaging with all of its accessories.
Be in stock with the discount price currently advertised.
Not be a closeout or clearance item.
We will only price match UK retailers.
Price matching does not apply to membership clubs or auction sites.
Price match must include VAT and delivery to a UK Mainland or Northern Ireland address (excludes Highlands of Scotland and UK isles).
Price-match products are not eligible for special offers or discounts.
Typographical errors will not be matched.
Offer limited to a maximum of one price match per item.
Offer limited to stock on hand.
All price matching is at the discretion of World-of-Satellite (SDF Trading Ltd) and is subject to change at any time.

pac2000
08-01-14, 01:34
Yeah I Could Of Got A Clone For £200 But Got One Of WOS.co.uk Because Of The Reputation Of Always Supplying Original Boxes And The Ongoing Support... I Did A Lot Of Research Before I Bought It, And Even Bought A DM500 To Testbed... Best Thing I've Ever Bought... We Now Have A 2 Sat/2 Freeview Tuner Server/Recording/Media Library With 2Tb Drive In Every Room In Our House(Via Hardwired Network)... And I'm Gonna Add Another Sat Tuner And 4Gb HDD To It Soon... I Paid £110 More, But I Can Sleep At Night Knowing I've Got The Best Box (Or Was) The Vu+ Duo...

Now You Can Get The Duo For £200 From The Sponsor... Don't Buy A Clone, Especially If You've Got Kids In The House... Cheap Untested Products Can Cause Electrical Fires...

Sly, I Believe In Better!!!

judge
08-01-14, 01:48
Now You Can Get The Duo For £200 From The Sponsor... Don't Buy A Clone, Especially If You've Got Kids In The House... Cheap Untested Products Can Cause Electrical Fires...

You can be damn sure those cheapish Chinese clones would never pass European fire saftey standards.
Kids in the house or not, I'd stay well clear.