PDA

View Full Version : Motec SG-2100 problem

marty
06-12-11, 09:54
Hi, I have a Motec SG-2100 I've had it some 3-4 years and TBH I don't use it that often (this rules out wear) but it's now developed a fault where it will only turn west (or turn right when veiwed behind the dish) when it need to turn east (or left) the motor makes one click which sounds like a relay inside and does not move. The light on the motor turns from green to orange. It is not my receiver (VU+DUO) as I also have a Spiderbox 7000 and TM-5300 and its the same thing with those too. It's NOT a cable problem either, I have 4 cables going to the LNB and it gives the same fault regardless which cable I use.

I then tried to move the dish manually with the button on the motor, west is no problem but again east doesn't work. After several tries moving east with the button it eventually moves but alot slower than moving west (even though the voltage is the same!!!!) sounds like there 'might' be something binding inside?

Any ideas? time for a new motor? worth stripping down? :confused:

Sicilian
06-12-11, 10:14
Sounds like a gear might have broken. Wouldn't waste your time stripping down, new motors are cheap nowadays, checkout our sponsor. DiSeqc motors from £39 ;) http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/DiSEqC-Motors-Positioners