PDA

View Full Version : new original vu image 5.0 question

cervot
20-07-10, 18:01
just to clarify is this new image based on oe 1.6 enigma? and if so do most of the plugins that are about at the moment will not work?

regards

cervot :confused:

Dr.Dream
20-07-10, 18:05
just to clarify is this new image based on oe 1.6 enigma? and if so do most of the plugins that are about at the moment will not work?

regards

cervot :confused:
this image is not based on 0e1.6
so all plugins that are available are also working too

Sicilian
20-07-10, 18:38
this image is not based on 0e1.6
so all plugins that are available are also working too

Feedback I'm getting is that its does seem to be based on OE1.6.

Sicilian
20-07-10, 18:43
I've just had confirmation that it is OE1.6.

cervot
20-07-10, 19:14
this is good news, im sue plugins wont take much recoding not that i would know, thanks for the confirmation Sicillian

pooface
20-07-10, 20:32
Quite a lot of plugins are already being converted to oe 1.6, since dm800/dm8000 moved over to oe 1.6 some while back...

cervot
20-07-10, 22:24
does the shift to oe 1.6 based images mean that barry allen will now work as it should, or is that another issue?

basilyoung
20-07-10, 22:29
I have used Barry Allen on the early images, with out any problem, and would expect this plugin would be ok on the new images,
but I hav,nt botherd with multy image set ups for ages, due to front end updates etc, cant see the point, until we reach a "final" base image

baz

pooface
20-07-10, 23:24
As Basil said. I wouldn't bother with multiboot to be honest...
Best thing to do, take a backup of the image you're currently using, and then reflash an image you'd like to try. Set it up, and take a backup of it. Everytime you're gonna boot up to another image, reload the backup you took, and flash it. It's basically like a multiboot, but requires you to remember to take a backup everytime, and also a little bit longer loading, since you'll flash the new image, then boot it. But it's much more stable than the current state of multi booting...

Zupy
21-07-10, 07:09
Not a OE problem for plugins
OE 1.6 = New kernel + Python 2.6
VU+ images already have the new kernel, so problem for plugins is python 2.6 and they have to be converted for work with 2.6 python.
Most of plugins is already converted for the DreamBox so there is no problems I think ;)

cervot
21-07-10, 17:17
crossepg?......

basilyoung
21-07-10, 22:27
crossepg?......

an epg plugin

strange post, what are you asking, you seem seem to be giving this new update image the 3rd dregree
most at the mo, have not had the opertunity to see whats what
but you cant get your feet wet, unless you jump in

baz

cervot
21-07-10, 22:54
just curious. a friend of mine has a dm8000 and has been banging on about oe1.6 images for a while so i just asked the question to test the water and if anybody could shed some light on the subject.

basilyoung
21-07-10, 23:03
just curious. a friend of mine has a dm8000 and has been banging on about oe1.6 images for a while so i just asked the question to test the water and if anybody could shed some light on the subject.

well, bottom line is, development of images, and bringing quality to the hobby, the DM8000 is a fantastic unit, ( wish I could afford one ) but the VU although not quite in the same league, is a close competitor
the problem with the 8000 is cost, nothing more

baz