PDA

View Full Version : xbmc plugin for Vu+Ultimo will it be possible?

killz187
05-12-11, 18:17
As per Thread Title will the new Vu+Ultimo be able to run xbmc,will it have enough processor power?Hope its released before Christmas so i can let my partner know what i want for Christmas:)

silverfox0786
05-12-11, 18:28
no one knows at the moment as ultimo has not been released yet

killz187
05-12-11, 19:11
Okey thanks i thought mybe you guys you get it before anyone else so you can test it out before it sold to general public.it looks like a waiting game then.

silverfox0786
05-12-11, 19:29
Okey thanks i thought mybe you guys you get it before anyone else so you can test it out before it sold to general public.it looks like a waiting game then.

no we havent received any

OldSkulRide
05-12-11, 20:04
Dont expect XBMC on Ultimo. CPU is weak and its MIPS arhitecture.
XBMC will run on totally different receivers with (probably) X86 CPUs.

Blu-ray
06-12-11, 12:55
Hi, What is XBMC as i am waiting to purchase the Ultimo, also do they do a plugin freesat tuner for the Ultimo or is it just freeview tuner? as i would like 2 x satellite & freesat if possible.

pooface
06-12-11, 13:45
Hi, What is XBMC as i am waiting to purchase the Ultimo, also do they do a plugin freesat tuner for the Ultimo or is it just freeview tuner? as i would like 2 x satellite & freesat if possible.

Freesat is just a satellite tuner anyway... So you well need 3 x satellite...

Sent with Tapatalk

Blu-ray
06-12-11, 13:48
Thanks but what is XBMC is it somthing all new satellite systems will have.

Rob van der Does
06-12-11, 13:50
During the "Amsterdam day" VU+ has announced to be working on XMBC (see attachment).
But for sure the Ultimo will be released before XMBC is ready.........

Blu-ray
06-12-11, 13:56
Am i right in thinking this will replace Enigma2, if so will older satellite receivers be able to upgrade to XBMC.

silverfox0786
06-12-11, 14:05
@blu-ray

XBMC is "Xbox Media Centre"

originally started for thr original XBOX became so popular that they expanded to linux mac and PC and now AppleTV

its a like project valerie but far better

i use it on my PC at the mo

Blu-ray
06-12-11, 14:31
Had email today saying that the Ultimo will be available for purchase by the weekend, is there a vix image ready for the Ultimo, have noticed there is a blackhole image allready on another forum.

silverfox0786
06-12-11, 14:45
i dont know how acurate alsat is as i got the email too
only trust what the vuplus website says as they announce when they will be available acuratly

Blu-ray
06-12-11, 15:03
Is there a Vix image now, if not how long before the image is available for the Ultimo,as i have got to like the Vix and will stick with it on the Ultimo when available.

Rob van der Does
06-12-11, 15:05
Am i right in thinking this will replace Enigma2 ...
I think so.

bassethound
06-12-11, 15:50
I hope the ultimo comes out before Christmas been a long time coming

i dont now how much i would trust any courier services in here in the uk not to loose it with the Christmas delivery's ramping up now ;)

i see he has stated uk price will be announced at the end of this week!

Stanman
06-12-11, 19:15
Is there a Vix image now, if not how long before the image is available for the Ultimo,as i have got to like the Vix and will stick with it on the Ultimo when available.
We Support, VU+ SOLO, DUO, UNO ;););)

Blu-ray
06-12-11, 22:57
If VIX is not supporting the Ultimo then it looks like it will have to come of my xmas list and stick with the DUO.

Stanman
06-12-11, 23:00
If VIX is not supporting the Ultimo then it looks like it will have to come of my xmas list and stick with the DUO.

Mate where in my post or any others does it say we won't be supporting it?

We currently support all of the VU+ series so that is a good indication.

Blu-ray
06-12-11, 23:06
When asked if there was a Vix image ready for the Ultimo, if not when will it be available, i took your answer, We support the VU+ SOLO DUO UNO as NO, my mistake if i got it wrong.

Stanman
06-12-11, 23:07
The three winking green faces should have given you a clue mate:)

Blu-ray
06-12-11, 23:12
Does 3 winks mean there is a Vix image ready, or 3 winks there will be one soon.

Larry-G
06-12-11, 23:25
Does 3 winks mean there is a Vix image ready, or 3 winks there will be one soon.

3 winks means that until the box is released there will be no image released. The same was true of the Uno. we honestly can not say any more.

Rob van der Does
07-12-11, 06:38
3 winks means that until the box is released there will be no image released.
To prevent any misunderstandings: ViX will support the Ultimo.

xdoktor
04-01-12, 16:08
FTR -
I have used versions of XBMC since xbox1...it is, imho, THE best media player ever....yes, there are many other platforms but for me, the fact it will play files from 'rars' has always been a winner for me!
IF this happens, I mean XBMC for VU+(even if only for ULtimo) i will be ready to SELL the 3 x Acer Revos running Linux versions of XBMC we use around the house to pay for one!! haha

VU+ & XBMC >= HEAVEN!!

lol
Dok
NB: I will be ready to serve as tester as i'm prolly gonna get an Ultimo anyways :D