PDA

View Full Version : Very strange

wullboy
04-12-11, 12:24
Hi guys, got a strange one here, we had a power cut this morning about 1.30am,[ a quick on-off loss ] i was up at the time, so i watched my duo re-boot it`s self, the tv was not on, but i watched the duo`s lcd, it first read my usb stick at the back of the box, it then said, remove the usb and re-boot the box, so did this [ still with the tv off ] and then the lcd came up with my start-up channel, so i then put the box back into stand-by and left it as that, when i got up this morning, and put the tv & duo on, i has my OLD V.2.2 image on my box, it had all the old settings on it, [ like the standard skin...old plugin-in`s bouquets back to the old setting] so, i went into the skin in the set up and low & behold, there was no magic HD night skin..... nothing, just the standard skin with another 2 [ cant remember what they were ] so, my luck i had made a back-up of my new image on friday night, so i re-installed the back-up, and now everything is back to wher it was before the power cut this morning, this is vey strange for a box to do this, but i can a sure you the box did do this. NOW THERE`S ONE THE BOYS TO WORK OUT.............

PS..... here`s the crash log to look at guy`s

Larry-G
04-12-11, 12:32
i'd say it's likely that you left a image on the stick and forgot about it, when the box rebooted it loaded this image. thats the good thing i like about the Uno you have to physically press a button on the front of the receiver at bootup for it to read and flash a image from the stick.

Rob van der Does
04-12-11, 12:58
I'd say it's likely that you left a image on the stick and forgot about it, when the box rebooted it loaded this image.
It absolutely can't be anything else then that.

Larry-G
04-12-11, 13:00
It absolutely can't be anything else then that.

LOL i know although i did not want to be so blunt with the reply.

Rob van der Does
04-12-11, 13:19
LOL i know although i did not want to be so blunt with the reply.
Sorry, didn't mean to be blunt :(

wullboy
04-12-11, 13:29
I`m just wondering how it managed to re-install the image from the back usb port, [ i thought that was not poss ] ??

Larry-G
04-12-11, 13:32
I`m just wondering how it managed to re-install the image from the back usb port, [ i thought that was not poss ] ??

i flashed a Duo last night from the rear bottom USB port with no problems what so ever, this is also the exact same port i always flash my uno from as thats where it's USB stick lives full time.

Rob van der Does
04-12-11, 14:09
You can indeed use every USB-port for flashing.