PDA

View Full Version : Which image would you suggest at this moment in time

Logicearl
20-07-10, 10:34
Now I've changed my single lnb for a quad and run some extra cable, I'm now at the install stage. Which image should I start with first? Just need stability more than anything at the mo, till I get the hang of this vu+ duo. Then I'll experiment :D

Can some kind sole also explain to me what the main differences are between the "Official" original images and the rest. I guess, the original should be more stable, and comes with just a basic setup, whereas the others such as DE, et al go that extra mile, possibly at the expense of stability. Or am I totally wrong, which wouldn't surprise me, lol.

mmcmedia
20-07-10, 10:40
Iam on de 1.3.3f atm which i like as i had a dm800 before my vu i tried vti the other day & just couldnt get on with it but i know a lot like it , its down to preference really for how long it takes just try a couple see which u like best

Mr. Mister
20-07-10, 10:41
If you just wanting stability.. I would use this image..

DreamEliteBH_VUDUO-12A_USB

mmcmedia
20-07-10, 10:55
If you just wanting stability.. I would use this image..

DreamEliteBH_VUDUO-12A_USB

Whats wrong with the l8er image like 1.3.3f ??? seems stable to me

paul362
20-07-10, 14:46
Whats wrong with the l8er image like 1.3.3f ??? seems stable to me

I agree with that, although im now on the new VTI image @ the moment just to make a change from DE.

Logicearl
20-07-10, 17:19
Ok, so DreamElite is one to think about then.

So can some kind sole also explain to me what the main differences are between the "Official" original images and the rest. I guess, the original should be more stable, and comes with just a basic setup, whereas the others such as DE, et al go that extra mile, possibly at the expense of stability. Or am I totally wrong, which wouldn't surprise me, lol.

basilyoung
20-07-10, 22:19
most images are based on the latest (at time of writing the image) official image, and although official images are now less frequent, non the less, more will be fortcoming, ( like today) the follow on, will most likely be a raft of new updated images

so for now, I would stick with a known stable image, (unless you like playing around with images) my preference is the DreamElite, but it does have a small bug, in that it will not see some frequencies, but that would,nt bother most peeps, in that it effect sats, that most here cant watch anyway

baz

charliesen
21-07-10, 00:26
So assuming you have a fixed dish and a white card and just want to watch the Sly channels , Is the DE image the best one ?
I've read about problems with the epg on it

basilyoung
21-07-10, 00:33
cant comment on the DE image...not tried it

but on DreamElite...its epg is spot on
other images also surport a good epg, perhaps you need to down load or man install a epg pluginn

baz

paul362
21-07-10, 07:14
So assuming you have a fixed dish and a white card and just want to watch the Sly channels , Is the DE image the best one ?
I've read about problems with the epg on it

No problem with the EPG on DE also Epg on VTI is good too.

pooface
21-07-10, 07:50
All depends on your own personal preferences. Install the three main images, and give them a go. See which you prefer the feel of. I used to prefer the DE image, but have been using the vti image for a few days now, and find that I'm getting used to it. Kind of prefer the DE image because of the USB dtt support, and the fact I prefer the satmate epg. But can't use the satmate epg on vti image alongside other epg data...

Remember, you can very easily create backups with the vu images using the scripts in the images. Only takes a few minutes, a few minutes to flash new image. So can do a kind of multi boot without multibooting :p

paul362
21-07-10, 17:26
Seems me and you (poo) changed about the same time ! how weird is that ? im finding VTI quite good if im honest m8, I don't mind the rytec epg (bit slow to load) other than that im getting used to the new navigation now and everything except HD picons is working fine.

pooface
21-07-10, 20:24
You stalking me or summat?! :p hehe.

Yeah, the vti image is ok. Wouldn't say it's not the bees knees I don't think, but working fine enough for me. As you mention though, the rytec epg is so much slower than just downloading the epg data directly from a compiled epg (or thats just how it feels to me :p), and then there's the usb dtt. But apart from that, I think there's only really a few key press differences :p And of course the default plugsin that are installed...

Likvid
21-07-10, 20:38
Bad thing with Vu+ Duo is that you are stuck with E2 images.

pooface
21-07-10, 21:25
Bad thing with Vu+ Duo is that you are stuck with E2 images.

Why, are you saying that you want your box to run something other than e2? If so, what?!

Likvid
22-07-10, 01:10
Why, are you saying that you want your box to run something other than e2? If so, what?!

Neutrino which is in my opinion the best of them all.