PDA

View Full Version : Positioner is not saving??

sn196
19-07-10, 22:30
Hi all. I have my vu+ box working thanks to some great input from the forum members but now i have another slight issue. All my channel listings are from enigma 2.

If i go to turksat and want to watch show tv i need to move the dish slightly east each time from the positioner menu. I try saving these petings in the menu but when i change satellites and go back the settings are back to normal.

The other issue i have is that NO EPG shows until i actually click on the channel.

basilyoung
19-07-10, 22:37
2 seperate issues
first, I think the motor issue should be your priority

are you useing USALS ?

if so, thats why it reverts to the orig setting, therefore the USAL setting needs to be changed or the dish alignment, needs adjusting

baz

sn196
19-07-10, 23:24
2 seperate issues
first, I think the motor issue should be your priority

are you useing USALS ?

if so, thats why it reverts to the orig setting, therefore the USAL setting needs to be changed or the dish alignment, needs adjusting

baz

Yes its USALS. I have the lon and lat settings set. What would i need to change it by?

Sicilian
20-07-10, 05:49
You try adjusting your longitude to compensate. For instance mine should be 0.200 west, but my dish moved slightly recently so signal dropped on 1 or 2 sats. So I adjusted to 0.300 west to compensate. Once you've adjusted turn through a few satellites to check.

sn196
20-07-10, 21:02
You try adjusting your longitude to compensate. For instance mine should be 0.200 west, but my dish moved slightly recently so signal dropped on 1 or 2 sats. So I adjusted to 0.300 west to compensate. Once you've adjusted turn through a few satellites to check.

Ive tried 100 + either way and still the same.

Any other ideas?

The motor is disecq too but i have atempted to set that up several times to no avail!

basilyoung
20-07-10, 22:01
if your setting is 2.000 west 54.000 north if your dish needs to be moved globaly east (that means for all sats) i would adjust the west setting to 2.500 west, check the signal for improvement and reajust accordingly in .5 segments (piont 5)

if the problem is you have stronge sigs on say 1 west (bbc world) but as you go through to say 28 east the signal is weaker, then it pionts to the dish "cutting aross the arc" rather than following it

also, what size is your dish???
and another thing to remember, is weather conditions will effect your signal as well

paul362
21-07-10, 17:30
if your setting is 2.000 west 54.000 north if your dish needs to be moved globaly east (that means for all sats) i would adjust the west setting to 2.500 west, check the signal for improvement and reajust accordingly in .5 segments (piont 5)

if the problem is you have stronge sigs on say 1 west (bbc world) but as you go through to say 28 east the signal is weaker, then it pionts to the dish "cutting aross the arc" rather than following it

and another thing to remember, is weather conditions will effect your signal as well

I agree with you there basilyoung, it will most likely be dish (or pole) alignment.

sn196
22-07-10, 22:13

Thanks for the info mate.

My settings are as follows:
5.100 east
50.767 north

What would you advise to change in order to get it to get a better signal.

Please note that all sats are low on signal and normally moving east strengthens.

Dish is 80cm I think.

The sat installer attached a technomate to the same dish and had 100% signal but it was setup on diseq. I get a max of 70% if I'm lucky!

Does anyone know how to set up diseq? Or shall I stick wiv lon and lat settings?

basilyoung
22-07-10, 22:33
Thanks for the info mate.

My settings are as follows:
5.100 east
50.767 north

What would you advise to change in order to get it to get a better signal.

Please note that all sats are low on signal and normally moving east strengthens.

Dish is 80cm I think.

The sat installer attached a technomate to the same dish and had 100% signal but it was setup on diseq. I get a max of 70% if I'm lucky!

Does anyone know how to set up diseq? Or shall I stick wiv lon and lat settings?

USALs is best without a doubt
your post surgest that your dish / motor / pole is not aligned correctly, is crossing the arc
the Pole should be absolutely perpendicular, check it with a spririt leval front and side
with the dish pointing to 1 west, the motor leg should be very slightly west of zero with no skew on the dish
the motor setting should be that of your north usal,s setting (50.75 degrees)
the dish arm looking straight down it, through to the motor should appear as a straight line, with the arm bottom dead centre
once this is achieved, the dish elivation should be raised/lower'd on a fta channel (bbc world news) until the max signal is aquired
I would then move the dish to 28 east, and check the signal strength, put pressure on the top of the dish, then bottom, left , right, checking the signal each time, and make small single adjustments, to the dish/motor ( if you raise the dish, you need to drop the motor elivation slightly or the opposite if you lower the dish)

if you want, you could set up each sat, but the end result will be the same
you would do this, via naming each saved position as 19 east = sat pos 19 and simular for 28 east ect
USALS would need to be disabled

but as said, until your dish is aligned correctly, you will not get the best from your set up

baz

paul362
23-07-10, 07:55
Nice 1 baz couldn't of said it better myself.

sn196
23-07-10, 19:35
USALs is best without a doubt
your post surgest that your dish / motor / pole is not aligned correctly, is crossing the arc
the Pole should be absolutely perpendicular, check it with a spririt leval front and side
with the dish pointing to 1 west, the motor leg should be very slightly west of zero with no skew on the dish
the motor setting should be that of your north usal,s setting (50.75 degrees)
the dish arm looking straight down it, through to the motor should appear as a straight line, with the arm bottom dead centre
once this is achieved, the dish elivation should be raised/lower'd on a fta channel (bbc world news) until the max signal is aquired
I would then move the dish to 28 east, and check the signal strength, put pressure on the top of the dish, then bottom, left , right, checking the signal each time, and make small single adjustments, to the dish/motor ( if you raise the dish, you need to drop the motor elivation slightly or the opposite if you lower the dish)

if you want, you could set up each sat, but the end result will be the same
you would do this, via naming each saved position as 19 east = sat pos 19 and simular for 28 east ect
USALS would need to be disabled

but as said, until your dish is aligned correctly, you will not get the best from your set up

baz

WOW thanks for the reply. I wish i could do this but i cant due to the dish being too high to get to. I called the sat man and like i said he tested on a technomate and it worked with 100% signal.

I will try to get him round to take another look but for now is there any way of saving the settings when i manually turn the dish from the remote?

basilyoung
23-07-10, 21:14
WOW thanks for the reply. I wish i could do this but i cant due to the dish being too high to get to. I called the sat man and like i said he tested on a technomate and it worked with 100% signal.

I will try to get him round to take another look but for now is there any way of saving the settings when i manually turn the dish from the remote?

yes, i have already answer'd that question
1st use USALS TO DRIVE TO A KNOWN SAT,..IE 28 EAST
go to tuner configeration
disable USALS
set the motor drive to diasque 1.2
after that
go to positioner setup
select positioner movement / or fine movement (might be best) (get best signal for 28 east,..then go to positioner storage, and save as position 28
then using this as a start point, find the sats your are after
once you have your best signal, go to positioner storage, and save (surgest for 42 east...save position would be 42)

baz

sn196
24-07-10, 10:47
yes, i have already answer'd that question
1st use USALS TO DRIVE TO A KNOWN SAT,..IE 28 EAST
go to tuner configeration
disable USALS
set the motor drive to diasque 1.2
after that
go to positioner setup
select positioner movement / or fine movement (might be best) (get best signal for 28 east,..then go to positioner storage, and save as position 28
then using this as a start point, find the sats your are after
once you have your best signal, go to positioner storage, and save (surgest for 42 east...save position would be 42)

baz

Cheers Bas. I finally managed to get bbc world on thor to signal rat 98%!! Which has improved turksat channels to 80-90% also.
Only thing now is that channels on astra bbc,itv etc are around 50%. This is probably due to the dish being slightly misalligned.
Which direction would I need to manually move the dish to increase signal rate?

Also my epgs are still not working on my channels even with 98% snr.

basilyoung
24-07-10, 11:27
again that sounds like your motor dish elivations being slightly incorrect. in that piont "A" (1 west) is good, piont "Z" (turksat) is good....piont "S" (28 east) is now weak
can you get 30 west?? if so and strong sigs, for 28 east, its just a case of nudgeing the dish east/east
also, are you using USALs or manual alignment
baz