PDA

View Full Version : ViX 2.3 Filesystem Check behavior?

Michael
01-12-11, 11:45
I have a few questions about the filesystem check (Setup>Harddisk>Filesystem Check). I am currently running the filesystem check, and now all my recorded movies are gone. I think this is because the hdd is now no longer mounted in vix>mount manager.

1. Will the hdd be remounted as before when the check is finished?

2. I noticed that the gui seemed to restart when the check was started, is this normal?

3. How do I know when the check is finished and how do I get the result from it?

4. How do I check the progress of the filesystem check?

5. Why are there no help screens for this and other functions in ViX 2.3? (It is not very user friendly to force users to make guesses about how functions and the myriad of different settings work and what they do)

Rob van der Does
01-12-11, 13:30
......5. Why are there no help screens for this and other functions in ViX 2.3? (It is not very user friendly to force users to make guesses about how functions and the myriad of different settings work and what they do)
You are absolutely right; that's why we are constantly working on improving the primitive functionality that Dream incorporated in Enigma2. But these are no overnight jobs!