PDA

View Full Version : Brand new VU+ Solo - Remote not working??

sanderson82
30-11-11, 22:34
Hi everyone

So...I rushed home from work 2day knowing my brand new VU+ Solo had arrived (previously had TM5402HD) so couldn't wait to start playing with my new toy. (Purchased from forum sponsor with ViX image)

When I plugged it in it powered itself on and after loading a few secs presented me with a wizard to setup the display (hdmi etc etc) but when I tried to press ok on the remote it wouldn't work! :-(

I changed the batteries, still no joy. Jumped on the laptop and stumbled across the "Web Remote" so I've been able to use it to ok through the initial setup!

Anyone one know if this is maybe a general thing and there's something I can do (clutching at straws lol) or is it safe to say I'm gonna need a new remote?

Cheers

Steven

Stanman
30-11-11, 22:37
Have a look at the remote in case any buttons have stuck, I had an issue withe my DUO and one of the buttons was pressed and that is why it is was not responding.

The batteries you put in were they new? and right way in:sofahide:

sanderson82
30-11-11, 23:36
It was worse than that!! I hadn't read the manual to know that the remote's are universal and you have to program it according to the box you have!! duh! lol

Hat's off to Stef @ WOS, replied to my email in minutes...I'm happy now, well, I will be when I find a guide on how to add satellite.xml etc lol

Larry-G
01-12-11, 00:25
It was worse than that!! I hadn't read the manual to know that the remote's are universal and you have to program it according to the box you have!! duh! lol

Hat's off to Stef @ WOS, replied to my email in minutes...I'm happy now, well, I will be when I find a guide on how to add satellite.xml etc lol

Wish Granted

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11987-How-To-Update-Your-Satellites.xml-File&p=87270#post87270

sanderson82
01-12-11, 01:35
cheers pheonix, i'd searched for ages for something and then found that post 2 mins after i'd asked the question! typical!!